Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A night out in Cork. Recommendations?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest good spots (pubs etc) to go for a night out in Cork with a bunch of friends from Dublin? Can anyone recommend some good pubs? Where to go and where to avoid...

Thanks

Comments

If ye like rugby I would recommed "The Pitz" bar in Marlboro Street, all the rugby chaps go there, then head up to Cubins :D

(not)

Seriously though if ye are mid 20s the likes of Soho, Crane Lane & The Bodega may suit, as you haven't specified I take it ye are not looking for alternative venues. If ye are older Scotts and the Old Oak might suit.

What places do ye frequent in Dublin ? Would give us an idea of what sort of places to recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

RoverJames wrote: »
    If ye like rugby I would recommed "The Pitz" bar in Marlboro Street, all the rugby chaps go there, then head up to Cubins :D

(not)

Seriously though if ye are mid 20s the likes of Soho, Crane Lane & The Bodega may suit, as you haven't specified I take it ye are not looking for alternative venues. If ye are older Scotts and the Old Oak might suit.

What places do ye frequent in Dublin ? Would give us an idea of what sort of places to recommend.

I like all the old favourites in Dublin, from the Stag's Head to Anseo, Cobblestone, O'Donoghues etc...not too fussy, just not into jock pubs or any sort of wanky establishments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I like all the old favourites in Dublin, from the Stag's Head to Anseo, Cobblestone, O'Donoghues etc...not too fussy, just not into jock pubs or any sort of wanky establishments.

Then you will be well sorted - Cork has loads a great pubs. The Cornerhouse, Sin E, The Oval, The Bodega, Tom Barrys, Mutton Lane, The Crane Lane, The Roundy, The Sextant…

evilivor wrote: »
    Then you will be well sorted - Cork has loads a great pubs. The Cornerhouse, Sin E, The Oval, The Bodega, Tom Barrys, Mutton Lane, The Crane Lane, The Roundy, The Sextant…

Indeed, give Soho a skip ;) 'tis a posers paradise.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

Thanks for the advice folks. What is the best street to base a good session in for some of these pubs mentioned above:
    The Cornerhouse, Sin E, The Oval, The Bodega, Tom Barrys, Mutton Lane, The Crane Lane, The Roundy, The Sextant…

What about the Franciscan Well boozer, is that too far off the beaten track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Thanks for the advice folks. What is the best street to base a good session in for some of these pubs mentioned above:
    The Cornerhouse, Sin E, The Oval, The Bodega, Tom Barrys, Mutton Lane, The Crane Lane, The Roundy, The Sextant…

Cork's a small town. 5 Mins from Franciscan Well, to Cornerhouse, which is just beside Sin E, then 5/10 mins walk to Crane Lane, Mutton, Roundy. Sextant and Tom Barry's the only non-city centre pubs, even then, they're walking distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Yeah the Fransican well is very close to the city centre. The pubs above are all quite nice and you should enjoy any of them.

One piece of advice---stay away from Reardens

One piece of advice---stay away from Reardens

Unless you like Copper face Jacks, in which case Reardans is for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It's gas, normally people say the Franciscan Well is way outside town. It's only a short hop! Pubs suggested above are good, add the Oval as another possible visit.

Advertisement