Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc ntl ive just had it with them now

• 08-04-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

as there upgrading there fiber cable in my area , my con drops what seems like every hour , after 15 to 20 calls to there brilliant customer service , i finally got true to a guy who explained that its the upgrade, what gets me is that they have a message service on the tv now , were from what i see is just being utilised to sell sell sell, what about the customers who have better things to do that be put true the agony of the cs phone system, just post a message saying your service will be interupted at reguler intervals as were trying to sort out the ****ty service.YOU KNOW BE HONEST,rather than trying to tell me to reboot my modem every dam time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

as there upgrading there fiber cable in my area , my con drops what seems like every hour , after 15 to 20 calls to there brilliant customer service , i finally got true to a guy who explained that its the upgrade, what gets me is that they have a message service on the tv now , were from what i see is just being utilised to sell sell sell, what about the customers who have better things to do that be put true the agony of the cs phone system, just post a message saying your service will be interupted at reguler intervals as were trying to sort out the ****ty service.YOU KNOW BE HONEST,rather than trying to tell me to reboot my modem every dam time.

Have you tried the "hard" reboot on your moden? There should be a button on the back of your modem, or two buttons, I forget what they are called, but one of them restores the factory settings on your modem. This worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭scienceoverBS

yes ,ive been tru all the hard reboots everything really, its at there end not mine, when its online its perfect, when your a gaming nut its a bumer getting discons hourly. apparently after a lot of detective work it will be like this till end of april.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

I'm in Dun Laoghaire, my UPC died yesterday (not sure when exactly but noticed only afternoon ~ 1pm). I failed to revive it when came home so sent them a query online. This morning the signal was still non-existent but came back around the lunch time. Got a call and email explaining there was an outage in my area. Funny thing, when I tried calling them yesterday evening, all technical BB queries were redirected to a pre-recorded message about current problems with Cisco routers and how to EMTA reboot them. I have Scientific Atlanta which is Cisco but not exactly. Anyway, as I said, my hard reboots had no effect but today afternoon the signal was restored. My first big connection issue with UPC.

Their phone customer care is really appaling as you could spend forever talking to a robot without a chance reaching a human and without even knowing you have no chance! On the other hand, they did call back and send an email today...:confused:

Advertisement