Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread locked.

Options
  • 08-04-2010 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody tell me why this thread was locked?

Linky

The information I requested is quite clear. The reason for the lock is:

Linky

I am not prepared to use any, I repeat, any of the ISPs in Ireland. I am not sure of their names, but I know that there are more than 6 ISP's in Ireland. I am looking for that list. Nothing more. When I have that list I wanted personal opinions on service etc etc, if possible.

My first attempt of getting that list is here.

In that post I was told "Try again..." which I did. In my opinion the mod acted ignorant, but no worries. Lets forget about that.

Now, is it possible, that my thread be reopened and the crap posted in it removed? I mean, what am I to do exactly? I don't want to post in my first thread, because I might get banned, I don't want to start a new thread, because I might get banned. What can I do that wont end up with me recieving my own ass on a platter?

Cheers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

The mod implied in this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65310002&postcount=12 that he'd rather you use the first thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As above, you can continue to use the first thread, which hasn't been locked.

Try rephrasing your request, it's very confusing. From what I can tell, you're compiling a list of companies that you won't do business with. Right?

I can tell you very definitely that once you've eliminated the main ISPs and the 3G operators, you're stuck with satellite providers. Google will reveal them to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

The mod implied in this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65310002&postcount=12 that he'd rather you use the first thread.

It wasn't very clear in his initial reply to my first thread/post.
    seamus wrote: »
    As above, you can continue to use the first thread, which hasn't been locked.

Try rephrasing your request, it's very confusing. From what I can tell, you're compiling a list of companies that you won't do business with. Right?

I can tell you very definitely that once you've eliminated the main ISPs and the 3G operators, you're stuck with satellite providers. Google will reveal them to you.

I know there are more internet providers. I have tried using google but I only got a few more.

The ones I am ignoring are those that I either cannot or rather not use. I put that list there instead of people wasting their time listing companies I have already eliminated.

There are more than what I listed. If I can get their names then I can do the research into those companies.

I thought it was a pretty simple request, considering there have been effective replies already, with, amazingly enough, two isps that were not on my list. I did add them to the list later though ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Iamxavier, your on boards.ie long enough to know the procedure for complaining.

You PM'd me (dispite me not locking your thread) so I asked you to PM jor el, given he hadn't responded yet at the time of you posting this thread can you advise why you ignored the procedure set in place?

Your posts are confusing, include backtracking and come across as trolling, take this thread as an example http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055878157
    You: Ignoring Eircom, digiweb and icebroadband for obvious reasons

You: Eircom = over charge for an under performing product. They also have a cap. The package they offer is not too bad, but there are better products for a lower cost out there.

Jor el: You've ignored pretty much everyone. What's the point?

You: Get your facts straight before you accuse me of "ignoring" these companies. I am not, "ignoring" them...

You don't make any sense and you have an attitude...this is very clear.

You have basically ruled out every ISP in Ireland including pretty much all the Midband providers and by ruling out Eircom you affectively rule out all other ADSL providers because all they do is resell bit-stream which is an eircom product.

You critisize people's responses but yet you don't understand how the ISP industry in Ireland operates....simply a bit of research in google would answer some very simple questions that you have.

In fairnessw every ISP has a cap - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58094826&postcount=11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I am not prepared to use any, I repeat, any of the ISPs in Ireland.

Then it looks like this discussion is over. Unless that's another metaphor that only you understand.
    My first attempt of getting that list is here.

In that post I was told "Try again..." which I did. In my opinion the mod acted ignorant, but no worries. Lets forget about that.

No, let's not forget it. I'd like the legal admins to look over how you defamed two companies in that thread, and let us know who was being ignorant.

Now, is it possible, that my thread be reopened and the crap posted in it removed?

No.
    I mean, what am I to do exactly?

You can do what I've told you to do three times now, use the original thread. Starting a third thread, is not the way to go.
    I don't want to post in my first thread, because I might get banned, I don't want to start a new thread, because I might get banned. What can I do that wont end up with me recieving my own ass on a platter?

I've told you to use the first thread. You just started a third thread, now deleted, and if you continue on this path, you won't be back for a fourth.

You are nothing but a troll. You know where this thread belongs, Helpdesk, yet you chose to put it here for maximum effect. You also know the correct procedure is to PM the mods, which you've done but didn't wait for a reply, then the Cmod, not done I assume, then Helpdesk, also not done. You feign ignorance and act like you're hard done by, while at the same time provoking everyone to react in the exact way that you say you don't want them to. i.e. a troll.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    Iamxavier, your on boards.ie long enough to know the procedure for complaining.

You PM'd me (dispite me not locking your thread) so I asked you to PM jor el, given he hadn't responded yet at the time of you posting this thread can you advise why you ignored the procedure set in place?

I thought you locked it since you were the last one to post on the thread. Simple mistake.
    Your posts are confusing, include backtracking and come across as trolling, take this thread as an example http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055878157

You don't make any sense and you have an attitude...this is very clear.

How is it confusing? It's a simple request.

Attitude? Where exactly?

You have basically ruled out every ISP in Ireland including pretty much all the Midband providers and by ruling out Eircom you affectively rule out all other ADSL providers because all they do is resell bit-stream which is an eircom product.

I have only been with eircom once, I have been with 7 companies, or there abouts. I have not ruled out all ISPs.
    You critisize people's responses but yet you don't understand how the ISP industry in Ireland operates....simply a bit of research in google would answer some very simple questions that you have.

I gave praise to some and criticized others. Am I not allowed to criticize a post?

Technically yes, they do.

I asked for isps without a cap. This is what some companies advertise, this is what I am looking for. I am not aiming my post at the technical know it alls, I am aiming it at non technical people.
    jor el wrote: »
    Then it looks like this discussion is over. Unless that's another metaphor that only you understand.

I made a mistake. I meant to say I am not prepared to use any that I have listed. My bad.

No, let's not forget it. I'd like the legal admins to look over how you defamed two companies in that thread, and let us know who was being ignorant.

I could have worded my post better, then again, you could have worded your reply a little better too. It wasn't very clear to me.

No.

Are you an admin? No? You do realise the admins get the final say in here, right? I wasn't asking you either ;)

You can do what I've told you to do three times now, use the original thread. Starting a third thread, is not the way to go.

Your Cmod gave me permission to start a new thread, which I told you on three occasions. Why do you ignore him?

I've told you to use the first thread. You just started a third thread, now deleted, and if you continue on this path, you won't be back for a fourth.

Oh? Even after I was given permission from your Cmod you still deleted it? Know now that I have permission to post a new thread you are still threatening to ban me?
    You are nothing but a troll.

Is it not against rules to troll? If so, why didn't you ban me for trolling?

I am just looking for information on a topic, hence why I came to your forum.

You know where this thread belongs, Helpdesk, yet you chose to put it here for maximum effect.

Again, a mistake. I don't know the footfall in either helpdesk or feedback. The mods/admins might be able to see that I am very rarely in either forum.
    You also know the correct procedure is to PM the mods, which you've done but didn't wait for a reply, then the Cmod, not done I assume, then Helpdesk, also not done. You feign ignorance and act like you're hard done by, while at the same time provoking everyone to react in the exact way that you say you don't want them to. i.e. a troll.

I pm'd who I thought locked it, I pmd the Cmod, you know this because I told you.

No acting involved here, was never good at it to tell you the truth. You think I posted my threads to get a reaction? How so? It's information I have recieved like I told you plenty of times.

Less of the accusations please. Seriously...

Now, should I post this in help desk? Can it be moved or will I be accused of "over doing it"? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That depends on what you want to accomplish.

You're wondering why your thread was locked.

Answer: because another is already open for you to use.

Problem solved, no need for a helpdesk thread.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah.... what more do you want here?

btw, you do have an attitude and you'll get further without it.

DeV

seamus wrote: »
    That depends on what you want to accomplish.

You're wondering why your thread was locked.

Answer: because another is already open for you to use.

Problem solved, no need for a helpdesk thread.

Thanks, is is possible to get what I typed in the thread that was deleted and post it in the thread I first posted? That way everybody wins... I think.

What I want to accomplish is to not get banned firstly, secondly I want to get information on the ISP's in the country, that way I can do the rest myself...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Issue resolved.

Problem solved. Thank you.

Advertisement