Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The tour started last night and there's no Trooper on the set list so the flag issue probably won't arise this time.

I won't ruin the set list for anyone who wants to be surprised on the night but there's only 1 song from the new album (El Dorado) but most of the songs are from the albums since Bruce rejoined with only a few 'oldies' in the encore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

I won't ruin the set list for anyone who wants to be surprised on the night

You should have finished typing there. The rest of your post might spoil it for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

There's another song which might cause the flag-thing :D

Just accidentally saw the setlist, looks amazing and I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

The tour started last night and there's no Trooper on the set list so the flag issue probably won't arise this time.

I won't ruin the set list for anyone who wants to be surprised on the night but there's only 1 song from the new album (El Dorado) but most of the songs are from the albums since Bruce rejoined with only a few 'oldies' in the encore.

Where can i set setlist online? thks

On the Maiden page on Wikipedia there's a subsection on the current tour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

NO Trooper, Run To The Hills, Madness and only 16 songs

Dont know many maiden songs so have to listen to the 2000's songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

PTH2009 wrote: »
    NO Trooper, Run To The Hills, Madness and only 16 songs.

Thats good. Heard them live so many times, it's time for a change. They could have done with dropping another couple of regulars as well.

It's not a bad set list, nothing special either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Anyone else a bit disappointed with the list? This is my first time seeing maiden so I was hoping for more of classics...

The amount of songs could well increase if they choose not to take a replacement for Heaven and Hell to Europe.

Maybe! Theres a thought, would much rather that than some ****e band.

• Advertisement

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Anyone else a bit disappointed with the list? This is my first time seeing maiden so I was hoping for more of classics...

I can see your point if it's the first time you're gonna be seeing them but for the rest of us, it'd be nice to hear different songs for a change. I'm just glad there's no Wrathchild!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just saw the setlist there. There is one song they be playing that is just like ':eek: **** yeah'...prob my favourite Maiden track, so to hear it live will be immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Mushy wrote: »
    Just saw the setlist there. There is one song they be playing that is just like ':eek: **** yeah'...prob my favourite Maiden track, so to hear it live will be immense.

Yeah, there were around 3 songs on there that I was really pleased to see on the setlist again. And maybe one or two that I thought they could swap for something else but what the hell. It's Maiden :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

Same here, first time seeing them. really dissapointed by lack of run to the hills, aces high, trooper and can i play with madness :(

As for your first-timers:

Even if they played only stuff from their latest album they would still give one hell of a show ;)

If there's one thing Maiden can do well it's getting the crowd going.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Furey

Anyone want/know someone looking for 2 tickets, i can't go, got a bloody gig! Snappin! :mad:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

Glenn Hughes is fronting Heaven and Hell at the high voltage festival in the UK, a week before Maidens Dublin gig.
    So could this be the support act for Maiden?

http://www.planetrock.com/Article.asp?id=1840089&spid=35830

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Glenn Hughes is fronting Heaven and Hell at the high voltage festival in the UK, a week before Maidens Dublin gig.
    So could this be the support act for Maiden?

http://www.planetrock.com/Article.asp?id=1840089&spid=35830

Can't see them doing this on all of the previously announced dates - maybe they will, but I think this will be a one off and they will probably play the 2 tribute concerts that are in planning at the moment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

i heard lamb of god are supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i heard lamb of god are supporting

I really wish people would check things out before they post crap or rumours.

After reading this it took me 20 seconds to find out that Lamb of God are playing Chicago on the same night

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »

After reading this it took me 20 seconds to find out that Lamb of God are playing Chicago on the same night
    Me too. Same as with ZZ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

scudzilla wrote: »

my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Anyone notice they swapped out Brighter than a Thousand Suns from the first night with Wrathchild for the next few? I personally hope they keep this up and add in a few classics when they come to europe. I REALLY wanna hear run to the hills live. It's one of the songs that got me into music in the first place

EDIT: It actually seems theyve been messing around with the setlist from night to night according to the comments under each setlist (which appears to be inaccurate). For example here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iron-maiden/2010/journal-pavilion-albuquerque-nm-73d42225.html they brought back Brighter but replaced Wildest Dreams with Afraid to Shoot Strangers according to the comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

really hope thy dont play too much new stuff ,im expecting they will though

its getting kinda repedative brave new world was the best of the new ones they are just getting boring now ,the new single starts off not great then breaks into a great galloping part then verse is ok.and then with those long drawn out choruses again the solo part is good though. i think they make longer songs every album

really hope thy dont play too much new stuff ,im expecting they will though

its getting kinda repedative brave new world was the best of the new ones they are just getting boring now ,the new single starts off not great then breaks into a great galloping part then verse is ok.and then with those long drawn out choruses again the solo part is good though. i think they make longer songs every album

Every setlist so far shows that they mostly play stuff from right after Bruce came back, but hardly anything from the new album or the last one.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Anyone notice they swapped out Brighter than a Thousand Suns from the first night with Wrathchild for the next few? I personally hope they keep this up and add in a few classics when they come to europe. I REALLY wanna hear run to the hills live. It's one of the songs that got me into music in the first place

Out of all the IM songs there are, Wrathchild is the only one I DON'T want to hear. I'm sick of that live. They always play it's no way near being one of the best songs on the Killers album. If they have to play a song off that album, why not play the song 'Killers' or something, anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

Furey wrote: »
    Anyone want/know someone looking for 2 tickets, i can't go, got a bloody gig! Snappin! :mad:

:D
    are they standing? would you be willing to sell just one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

The setlist is listed on wikipedia. Its made up of songs from the last 3 albums, new song el dorado, Fear of the dark, Wrathchild, Iron Maiden, Hallowed be thy name and running free.

Sick to death of "Iron Maiden" and "Hallowed.. ".

22 Acacia Avenue is a monster of a song that never gets a whirl, pity.

poundhound wrote: »

22 Acacia Avenue is a monster of a song that never gets a whirl, pity.

There are loads more songs like 22AA that I'd like to hear instead of HBTN, RTTH etc.

• Advertisement

Then maybe you lot should've seen them in the Somewhere Back In Time tour :p

Advertisement