Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

Anyone got a standing ticket that they wanna sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No "Longest Day"? The wife will be gutted...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

blagards wrote: »

Quite a few on toutless.com and adverts.ie, all for face value too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

blagards wrote: »

I'll swap one for a decent seat if you have one?

I'll swap one for a decent seat if you have one?
    nah dont have a seat sorry, iv got a standing but im looking to get another standing for a mate

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I have one over in Adverts for less than face value.

Anyway, I'm dying to find out who the support will be for the European leg of the tour. Only a few weeks to go!

I have one over in Adverts for less than face value.

Anyway, I'm dying to find out who the support will be for the European leg of the tour. Only a few weeks to go!
    think iv made an enquiry about that, have a look over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MossyX360

I have one spare standing since my mate dropped out. I will sell it for face value. If your interested PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Just over a month to go and still no replacement for Heaven and Hell...

Maybe, just maybe... ;)

Renewed Maiden Fanclub membership, front row baby :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Just over a month to go and still no replacement for Heaven and Hell...

Maybe, just maybe... ;)

it's wishful thinking, i'd even by happy with sabbath reunion. It wouldn't happen and ozzy isn't a patch on dio but still.....better then razorlight or some bollox like that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

rgjmce wrote: »
    it's wishful thinking, i'd even by happy with sabbath reunion. It wouldn't happen and ozzy isn't a patch on dio but still.....better then razorlight or some bollox like that :p

Hopefully they won't have Lauren fu*king Harris or Avenged Sevenfail supporting again. Ugh.

Can't wait for this gig, regardless of what band is supporting.

Hopefully they won't have Lauren fu*king Harris or Avenged Sevenfail supporting again. Ugh.

Can't wait for this gig, regardless of what band is supporting.

Oh sh*t, I'd forgotten about Lauren Harris. This situation has her 'filling in' written all over it. Well either that or the bloody Blizzards.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Oh sh*t, I'd forgotten about Lauren Harris. This situation has her 'filling in' written all over it. Well either that or the bloody Blizzards.

She has a new band so it could be her. Shes something to look at anyway. God damn Georgus.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    She has a new band so it could be her. Shes something to look at anyway. God damn Georgus.

The last band was ****e so i'm not holdin out much hope for the new one, she's only ever got to where she is cos of her dad

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

well lads if your all Maiden crazy as many are!,,,the week before the lads come over, Ireland Maiden and my other classic rock act Never Say Die will be doing a big pre-maiden gig in fibbers on 24th july sat night, just to wet yur appetites etc, so feel free to come along, weill ba a rocking night

we will do it gooood.. ;)

ciao' amigos...Baggio....

Only 3 weeks left

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

sweet savage confirmed as support on www.mcd.ie. big let down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Savage
    Considered one of the pioneers of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal movement alongside acts such as Iron Maiden, Saxon, Motörhead and Def Leppard.

We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

My decision on going to this was swinging on what support act was gonna be annonced, and now I don't think that I'll bother. Sweet Savage really don't have the same appeal to me as H&H would have, and I know that it would have been some task to find an act that is even close to them but, this is knid of a let down imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I have never even heard of them. What would be their best song?

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I have never even heard of them. What would be their best song?

The only song I know is the one Metallica covered on the B-side to the Unforgiven (Killing Time) and I haven't even heard their own version

www.youtube.com/watch?v=weh1q_rUl5I

Heres there version.

Very disapointed would of loving to see the Answer Instead

Well that's an extra hour in the pub

Rather apt. They will be "killing time" indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

they're only famous because of metallica covering one of their songs oh yay :(

Do the maths, MCD were probably gonna pay something in the region of 50k for H&H, they pulled out so the slot was left blank, tickets are nearly sold out, they don't need a top name anymore, offer Sweet Savage 5k, keeping the 45k back as profit, maybe using 10k of it on an advertising campaign to sell rest of tickets.

*Figures are off the top of my head

Harris daughter may have been better, least she is a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I'm very disappointed with the support, I was expecting it to at least be some band I would recognise. I can appreciate that they were short on time to book due to the circumstances but they should really have tried to give the crowd something to justify the high ticket price. I know a lot of people who got their ticket initially based on the support, now I think a lot of them will be trying for refunds or selling off their tickets.

• Advertisement

If Maiden play Rime of the Ancient Mariner all will be forgiven.

Advertisement