Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

wow, that is incredibly dissapointing. I expected a pretty poor replacement but at the same time I did hold out a little hope of SOMETHING even halfway as good as a support as H&H. Granted, I was only really going for Maiden but H&H were a damn fine bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Demeyes wrote: »
    I'm very disappointed with the support, I was expecting it to at least be some band I would recognise. I can appreciate that they were short on time to book due to the circumstances but they should really have tried to give the crowd something to justify the high ticket price. I know a lot of people who got their ticket initially based on the support, now I think a lot of them will be trying for refunds or selling off their tickets.

Even that doesn't wash, it must be over 2 months now since H&H pulled out, and the amount of bands in the area due to Sonisphere should have helped them out.

i'm hearing that MCD are insisting that all ticket holders must line up outside The Point, drop there pants and bend over so that they may fcuk us some more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

scudzilla wrote: »
    Even that doesn't wash, it must be over 2 months now since H&H pulled out, and the amount of bands in the area due to Sonisphere should have helped them out.

True that, it must of been only 3 weeks or so after the concert was announced that they dropped out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Not Sweet Savage again :mad:

They seem to drag the out for everything nowadays. They supported Deep Purple last week, Metallica in Marlay Park, Motorhead and a couple of others. They're crap, no support would have been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Meh, more drinking time before Maiden... pity they couldn't have got someone good though. :(

• Advertisement

Let the protests begin

http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.php#!/group.php?gid=141674959180778

Also hammer MCD's facebook page, don't take this lying down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Not much point really is there?

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Not much point really is there?

No, but if we can cause some trouble it'll be fun. Hammer there facebook page etc

Just did a bit of research, there's 3 bands playing Sonisphere on the Sat & Sun who only start there Euro tour there, they could have flown in a few days earlier and played this gig.

Motley Crue
    Alice in Chains
    Iggy and the Stooges

I think we would have been happy wit ANY of them 3.

This is just pure laziness and greed on the part of MCD, surely any of those 3 would have cost the same, even less, than Heaven & Hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just did a bit of research, there's 3 bands playing Sonisphere on the Sat & Sun who only start there Euro tour there, they could have flown in a few days earlier and played this gig.

Motley Crue
    Alice in Chains
    Iggy and the Stooges

I think we would have been happy wit ANY of them 3.

This is just pure laziness and greed on the part of MCD, surely any of those 3 would have cost the same, even less, than Heaven & Hell

None of the Sonisphere bands would be on the bill - apparently this is only partially MCD's fault and there's other stuff going on here.........

either way it's a bit pathetic that SS will get another big support slot, there's well enough bands in this country that could fill the slot and don't seem to ever get a chance with the likes of MCD........pity.....

but then again, I said it at the time H&H were off the bill (and I wasn't alone) that they would announce someone crappy a couple of weeks before the gig and I'd be hugely shocked if they announced anyone big - and here we are 3 weeks before the gig and this announcement.......
    look I've nothing against Sweet Savage - but I've seen them enough at this stage, I don't want to see the same support band every time I go to a gig - gets really really boring, generally play the same set too.......but there has to have been enough bands of bigger stature in and around the UK and not on Sonisphere that night, and if not then pick an Irish band that doesn't get every support slot going.......as you said Scud lazy...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

great now not only do i have to listen to new maiden stuff now i have to put up with sweet savage

mcd=lazy *****

longer in the pub it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

feck sake, big dissapointment

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Dissapointing support. Saw them support Deep Purple in Belfast and after a few songs fecked off for a smoke. Wait until you hear how many times they mention Metallica, Marley Park and Killing Time.

As Nibbs said, there's plenty of bands in the country playing original music that would love the exposure a gig like this would bring. In the North there's Triggerman (who have supported Mastodon), Sinosence (Speed / Thrash) and A Little Bitter (Prog Metal) to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

What a f**kin massive let down ... ok, nothing was gonna come close to replacing H&H but this is beyond pathetic on MCD's behalf and smacks of complete contempt for it's customers/audience.

You telling me that someone like U.F.O. couldn't have been booked ? (one of Steve Harris's favourite bands, are playing the High Voltage Festival the weekend before, are available according to their tour schedule and most importantly , are NOT Sweet bleeding Savage !!!)

Ah well, another pint in the pub so ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

This sucks! After announcing an act of Heaven & Hell's stature, which undoubtedly helped ticket sales initially, this is the best replacement they could come up with?? Smacks of money-grasping laziness, so no surprise there, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Wow, I hope this doesn't cause bad form on the night with the audience.:(
    Seems to have stirred up a bad vibe here.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a piss poor lazy decision.:mad:

The ante should have been up'd in light of recent events.

Firstly to try and give punters a bit o' bang for their buck, (although we're all agreed no one could fill R.J.Dio's size 5's).
    But also a genuine opportunity was lost to have a great night of metal, new an' old. A celebration.

I'm in two minds to sell my ticket (the only reason I prob won't is because its a night out with the ol' mates).

I nearly feel as sorry for Sweet Savage as I do for the Blizzards, but hopefully the night (their performance) will go smoothly.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I viewed this as a "double headline" if you will. I was not going just to see maiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

i would rather see glyder... anyone else?

im not even gonna bother watching sweet savage and i think they will be booed off stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

i would rather see glyder... anyone else?

im not even gonna bother watching sweet savage and i think they will be booed off stage

While I don't think they'll be booed off stage, i think most will probably stay out at the bar or pay them no attention anyway.

It's a pity a decent replacement couldn't have been got but I presume Sweet Savage were a hell of a lot cheaper to pay than the fee H&H would have received but it's no surprise MCD putting their profits ahead of giving the punter what he/she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Hahahahahahaha.................MCD are ****in USELESS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

Is this sold out yet

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Vanhalla wrote: »
    Is this sold out yet
    No, not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

byte wrote: »
    No, not yet.

and probably won't be either

Remember guys, here's MCD's facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/mcd.productions?ref=ts

Voice your protests here

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

who the **** are sweet savage? well i suppose could be worse, jedward could have free :eek:

I agree with oldscoil though, lets not get us down, at least it means we can focus on maiden and are voices won't be worn out and i don't know about everyone here but i would be well up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

lol, I thought that said Savatage for a second....

Now that would be a support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

DingChavez wrote: »
    lol, I thought that said Savatage for a second....

Now that would be a support act.

Especially since they don't exist anymore.

But yes, I thought so too at first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

While I don't think they'll be booed off stage, i think most will probably stay out at the bar or pay them no attention anyway.

The problem here is the bar is at the back, in the same room as the stage. So you'll be hearing them clearly, and seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no ill will toward Sweet Savage over this, in fact I was disappointed I missed them when they supported Saxon last year (I don't know if they actually did support Saxon, according to my ticket they were the support act but when I got there Doro was onstage :) ). I wouldn't boo them and I hope no-one else does. As usual, though, MCD have shown themselves to be the slimy, greedy b@stards everyone knows they are and followed the company motto to the letter. I'm sure there's a bronze plaque in the reception area that says "We have your money, go fcuk yourself!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TommoD

Sweet Savage? Cant believe they are supporting. I was lookin forward to H & H soooo damn much.
    MCD = Sweet Profit

Advertisement