Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmi10

Just saw Maiden last night in Chicago. I'd say the setlist in Dublin will be similar to the one they played here.

Spoilers below>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It was a fairly good gig. I am more into the first few albums so I was slightly disappointed with the set list as many of the classics were left out. There was alot of recent tunes played like, Dance of Death, Blood Brothers, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, These Colours Don't Run.

However they finished with a great version of Running Free.

I saw Maiden in 2008 on the SBIT tour and I would give that show a 9/10.

This time it would be a 6/10

If you like the recent stuff you will enjoy the show. if you are looking for tunes off the first few albums you may be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Have 1 spare standing ticket for this if anyone's interested, it's €65 including the booking fee's etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

jimmi10 wrote: »
    If you like the recent stuff you will enjoy the show. if you are looking for tunes off the first few albums you may be disappointed.

Interesting. I'm heading to see them in Sonisphere and I'd be surprised if that particular set went in the same direction. Although festivals usually break the rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I've changed my mind about going to this but want to know does anyone know if €72.50 is face value for a standing ticket anywhere? Just some guy is trying to sell me two standing for €145 on toutless, when I thought that the face value for standing tickets is about €65 (with the usual booking fee added on). Just trying to see if this guy is trying to make a small profit off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I've changed my mind about going to this but want to know does anyone know if €72.50 is face value for a standing ticket anywhere? Just some guy is trying to sell me two standing for €145 on toutless, when I thought that the face value for standing tickets is about €65 (with the usual booking fee added on). Just trying to see if this guy is trying to make a small profit off me.

Person could be adding on the Ticketmaster fees.

• Advertisement

Ticket is €59.80, with all the add on's, buying with credit card etc the price pre ticket is €66.15.

I'm basing that figure on the cost of my 4 tickets, €264.60.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

66 sounds about right, I would try some other boards if I were you.
    I know on the Iron Maiden Fanclub board there are people selling tickets for face value.

Thanks for the replies people, but just got a message saying that the tickets are actually €135, which is cost price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    66 sounds about right, I would try some other boards if I were you.
    I know on the Iron Maiden Fanclub board there are people selling tickets for face value.

Typical Maiden - all the sixes. Are you sure it wasn't €66.6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Folks, just going back to the waving of the Union Jack during the Trooper.

In the lead up to Maidens outdoor show in the RDS in 2005, the band received threats and were warned not to display the flag.

The band took it seriously enough to perform the song without the flagwaving, however Bruce went onto detail on the night that while the flag was removed from that nights show, there was nothing political about it. It was simply a part of the performance to enhance the song.

He also said the offended people were taking offence when none was intended and they would bring the flag for any future shows that included The Trooper in the setlist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

If they wove an Irish flag it would tear the house down!

But I don't think we will be seeing that song anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    If they wove an Irish flag it would tear the house down!

But I don't think we will be seeing that song anyway.

thats cos its got nothing to do with the f**king song.

its a bout british troops why dont people get this yet ,hes not waving it to stir up the irish ,they do it everywhere in case ye havent noticed

and why does anyone who hates when they wave the flag not hate the band ,their british arent they

makes me mad i tells ya :mad:

its a bout british troops why dont people get this yet ,hes not waving it to stir up the irish ,they do it everywhere in case ye havent noticed

and why does anyone who hates when they wave the flag not hate the band ,their british arent they

I know that, its about the charge of the light brigade I think?

I don't hate them waving the flag, I just don't like it, the same way I do not like some of their songs. I would rather not see it, the same way I wold rather not hear some of their songs, if they do it it aint the end of the world, would just prefer it without the flag waving, thats all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭furiousox

only guys like this will boo

No+to+Foreign+Games+RSF+style.jpg

CPL 593H

I know that, its about the charge of the light brigade I think?

I don't hate them waving the flag, I just don't like it, the same way I do not like some of their songs. I would rather not see it, the same way I wold rather not hear some of their songs, if they do it it aint the end of the world, would just prefer it without the flag waving, thats all.

well if you dont like them why are you even going to any of their gigs,
    at the end of the day its a bit of material with colors on it representing their country ,they are entitled to wave their own flag

furiousox wrote: »
    only guys like this will boo

No+to+Foreign+Games+RSF+style.jpg

ha ha ha ha

well if you dont like them why are you even going to any of their gigs,
    at the end of the day its a bit of material with colors on it representing their country ,they are entitled to wave their own flag
    I do like them.... I do not like all of their songs though, I doubt anyone here does. I just don't feel a concert is a place suitable for flagwaving, thats all. I am not going to boo or anything, I would just rather not see it, with the same degree of dislike that I would not want to see their new single played. I feel it will be a better show without it.

I don't want to get into a debate about what the Jack means to different people.

And on another note I bet that guy is glad his sign hid his face!

I do like them.... I do not like all of their songs though, I doubt anyone here does. I just don't feel a concert is a place suitable for flagwaving, thats all. I am not going to boo or anything, I would just rather not see it, with the same degree of dislike that I would not want to see their new single played. I feel it will be a better show without it.

I don't want to get into a debate about what the Jack means to different people.

And on another note I bet that guy is glad his sign hid his face!

i would agree about not hearing the new single or any new stuff after brave new world ,they just arent making great music anymore ,but how a flag can boil someones blood is silly i dont get it thats just me ,and that doesnt make sense you said youd like to see them waving the irish flag ,but gigs are not the place for that kind of thing ,id be pi**d off if they did that cos its not what the song is about and the flag has been part of for years ,and why would they wave anyone elses flag it wouldnt make sense

i would agree about not hearing the new single or any new stuff after brave new world ,they just arent making great music anymore ,but how a flag can boil someones blood is silly i dont get it thats just me ,and that doesnt make sense you said youd like to see them waving the irish flag ,but gigs are not the place for that kind of thing ,id be pi**d off if they did that cos its not what the song is about and the flag has been part of for years ,and why would they wave anyone elses flag it wouldnt make sense
    Yeah you are right, I would rather no flags, but I say it would make the show better if they waved the flag of whatever country they are in. Fans would lap it up.

It doesnt make my blood boil, but there is a LOT of history in that flag, to many it is not just a bit of patterned material, and a concert aint the place to bring it up in. Just my opinion. If they wave it it is no biggie, but I would just rather not see it.

Yeah you are right, I would rather no flags, but I say it would make the show better if they waved the flag of whatever country they are in. Fans would lap it up.

It doesnt make my blood boil, but there is a LOT of history in that flag, to many it is not just a bit of patterned material, and a concert aint the place to bring it up in. Just my opinion. If they wave it it is no biggie, but I would just rather not see it.

but if they waved any other flag it wouldnt make sense or have any relevance to the song,so there would be no point.

there maybe a lot of history ,which is indeed history ,but thats an entirely diffent topic and got nothing to do with why maiden wave this flag and when people realise this the better for the band and the fans who dont like to see a part of their song taken away from them just for one country .because of a past that has nothing to do with why they are doing it .

• Advertisement

They play Churchill's speech in Germany and don't get stick for it. If they can get away with that there, surely we can put up with them adding a prop to a song about the Crimean War? It's only entertainment people. If it offends you, stay away.

Anyway, it;s a moot point as they ain't playing the Trooper this time around although I don't know what happens when they play 'these Colours don't run'. I don't remember there being any flags when they played that on the AMOLAD tour but I could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TommoD

Right enough about this flag rubbish now!

This will more than likely be the setlist:

1. The Wicker Man
    2. Ghost Of The Navigator
    3. Wrathchild
    4. El Dorado
    5. Dance Of Death
    6. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
    7. These Colours Don't Run
    8. Blood Brothers
    9. Wildest Dreams
    10. No More Lies
    11. Brave New World
    12. Fear Of The Dark
    13. Iron Maiden
    14. Encore:
    14. The Number of the Beast
    15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
    16. Running Free

Ive got these songs playin constantly in this order on my ipod. I will not be one of the people standing there with their arms crossed waiting for Run To The Hills, Ill be goin mental 4 every song!!!!

TommoD wrote: »
    Right enough about this flag rubbish now!

This will more than likely be the setlist:

1. The Wicker Man
    2. Ghost Of The Navigator
    3. Wrathchild
    4. El Dorado
    5. Dance Of Death
    6. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
    7. These Colours Don't Run
    8. Blood Brothers
    9. Wildest Dreams
    10. No More Lies
    11. Brave New World
    12. Fear Of The Dark
    13. Iron Maiden
    14. Encore:
    14. The Number of the Beast
    15. Hallowed Be Thy Name
    16. Running Free

Ive got these songs playin constantly in this order on my ipod. I will not be one of the people standing there with their arms crossed waiting for Run To The Hills, Ill be goin mental 4 every song!!!!

Could be Paschendale instead of DoD, and hopefully it will be. Main reason I'm going haha!

I thought I was the only saddo that did that! I also have Doctor Doctor as the first track though! Does that make me that bit sadder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

ha ha ... so do I ... although I have Brighter Than A Thousand Suns instead of Wrathchild , and Paschendale instead of Dance of Death as per the opening night of the tour .... would rather the setlist Im using tbh ... Im sick of Wrathchild and much prefer Paschendale over Dance of Death .. ah well , roll on next Fri regardless ...:cool:

I reckon that there'll be more songs off the new album at this, given it is coming out in just over two weeks. I'll say that we'll definatly get at least the the Final Frontier as well as El Dorado and maybe a surpise new song.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Since The 02 gig is essentially a warm up for Sonisphere, maybe Maiden will play a different set from the US tour? I can imagine they'd throw in a few more classics at a festival and give them a run out at the 02!!.

Either way, I'm well up for this gig and next Friday can't come soon enough \m/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Since The 02 gig is essentially a warm up for Sonisphere, maybe Maiden will play a different set from the US tour? I can imagine they'd throw in a few more classics at a festival and give them a run out at the 02!!.

Either way, I'm well up for this gig and next Friday can't come soon enough \m/

would be nice to hear run to the hills, trooper, wasted years, aces high and 2 minutes, but i don't think we will :(

RayCon wrote: »
    ha ha ... so do I ... although I have Brighter Than A Thousand Suns instead of Wrathchild , and Paschendale instead of Dance of Death as per the opening night of the tour .... would rather the setlist Im using tbh ... Im sick of Wrathchild and much prefer Paschendale over Dance of Death .. ah well , roll on next Fri regardless ...:cool:

According to Wikipedia anyway, Wrathchild replaced BTATS about 3-4 dates in on the tour and for a while they played Paschendale and DoD on alternative nights but I think it's all DoD now.

• Advertisement

According to Wikipedia anyway, Wrathchild replaced BTATS about 3-4 dates in on the tour and for a while they played Paschendale and DoD on alternative nights but I think it's all DoD now.

:(

Maineason I wanna go is that song.

Advertisement