Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Balls ... no Paschendale :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Anybody fancy meetin up to buy me a pint before the gig next week? There'll be 5 of us, but ya only have to buy me one :D

We're gonna be in Fibbers from around 3, look out for 1 handsome bastard and 4 freaks (1 of the female variety)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TommoD

scudzilla wrote: »
    Anybody fancy meetin up to buy me a pint before the gig next week? There'll be 5 of us, but ya only have to buy me one :D

We're gonna be in Fibbers from around 3, look out for 1 handsome bastard and 4 freaks (1 of the female variety)

Ill def be heading to fibbers cause there is an Iron maiden aftershow party on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

TommoD wrote: »
    Ill def be heading to fibbers cause there is an Iron maiden aftershow party on there.

as in usual back to fibbers after a gig? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

5 MORE DAYS!!!

YOU'RE TIME WILL COME!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

Hi All,quick question,my friend and I are heading to the gig on Fri night and have decided to stay in Dublin for 2 nights,not being over familiar with the nightlife we've always ended up in Bruxelles and I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for somewhere to go after the gig on Fri night and on the Sat night,I've heard of Fibber's but then someone mentioned there are 2 Fibber's which has me wondering which is the one we should aim for,we're both 35 so don't want to end up in the wrong one!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

One down the quays, just before Four Courts is your venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for somewhere to go after the gig on Fri night and on the Sat night,I've heard of Fibber's but then someone mentioned there are 2 Fibber's which has me wondering which is the one we should aim for,we're both 35 so don't want to end up in the wrong one!!!!

Fibbers Rock Bar on Ormond Quay so. Over 21's. Pints's from e3.30. They're doing deals for the Maiden gig too. Open at 4pm.

Fibbers Rock Bar Website

Fibbers Rock Bar Facebook

:)

Cheers.....and we won't get turned away for being too old!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

Cheers.....and we won't get turned away for being too old!!!
    or you could go to the real fibbers up by the embassador on o connell st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 GlamLamb

Hi, I have one standing ticket for Iron Maiden for sale at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Has anyone been able to find the approximate timings for the gig on Friday?

I'm only interested in seeing Maiden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Maiden will probably be on just after 9. Nothing official, just going on past shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Maiden will probably be on just after 9. Nothing official, just going on past shows.
    Cheers, it's what I'm thinking myself going by the set list etc

Got a spare standing that i'm selling on adverts.ie for 20Euro below face

http://www.adverts.ie/259470/concerts-and-festivals/iron-maiden/

I'm all confused now.....which Fibbers is better....again 2x35 year olds looking for a decent rock/metal bar...please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

I'm all confused now.....which Fibbers is better....again 2x35 year olds looking for a decent rock/metal bar...please!!!
    i would say the one by the embassador because the general age there is 18-60 and you will have no problem making freinds there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

i would say the one by the embassador because the general age there is 18-60 and you will have no problem making freinds there

But if he wants one not smelling like piss the quays would be better.

What you talkin bout Willis, I'm a metal fan, i hate friends :P:P

Fibbers on Parnell for me, from 3pm, buy me a drink

Easy to spot, The handsome big bastard wit 3 freaks (Was 4) (1 female)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Starting to get hyped now about this ... haven't seen Maiden since the RDS in 2005 .... not getting into the setlist debate (Im actually looking forward to the current setlist) but the setlist that night was killer :

1.Murders In The Rue Morgue
    2.Another Life
    3.Prowler
    4.The Trooper
    5.Remember Tomorrow
    6.Where Eagles Dare
    7.Run to the Hills
    8.Revelations
    9.Wrathchild
    10.Die With Your Boots on
    11.Phantom Of The Opera
    12.The Number of the Beast
    13.Hallowed Be Thy Name
    14.Iron Maiden
    Encore:
    15.Running Free
    16.Drifter
    17.Sanctuary

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »
    Starting to get hyped now about this ... haven't seen Maiden since the RDS in 2005 .... not getting into the setlist debate (Im actually looking forward to the current setlist) but the setlist that night was killer :

1.Murders In The Rue Morgue
    2.Another Life
    3.Prowler
    4.The Trooper
    5.Remember Tomorrow
    6.Where Eagles Dare
    7.Run to the Hills
    8.Revelations
    9.Wrathchild
    10.Die With Your Boots on
    11.Phantom Of The Opera
    12.The Number of the Beast
    13.Hallowed Be Thy Name
    14.Iron Maiden
    Encore:
    15.Running Free
    16.Drifter
    17.Sanctuary

Was i at that one? Did Turbonegro and Marilyn Manson (Most dangerous man on the planet MY ARSE) support?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Was i at that one? Did Turbonegro and Marilyn Manson (Most dangerous man on the planet MY ARSE) support?

That was the one......couldn't remember who I'd seen Turbonegro support......
    Was the gig Manson got clocked on the side of the head with an amazingly well aimed boot from the crowd.......funny.....

That was a really good gig from my perspective, liked the set and thought they were really on form that night....hard for me not to be disappointed at the minute having seen H&H with Jorn and Glen Hughes at the weekend..........was so looking forward to seeing Dio again - but I'll block that out and just look forward to seening Maiden again.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Brief interview with Bruce here, talks about the set and the tour so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00t4n3j

From about 1 hour 4 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

That turbonegro band were amazing, I got really into them after that gig. The 1998 album "apocalypse dudes" is their best. Anyway.. looking forward to friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

Any kind of board meet up for this. Am going on my own and wouldnt mind a few beverages at some stage. wouldnt mind checking out that older fibbers place either. im an old man at 32

Vanhalla wrote: »
    Any kind of board meet up for this. Am going on my own and wouldnt mind a few beverages at some stage. wouldnt mind checking out that older fibbers place either. im an old man at 32

We'll be in the old fibbers if ya wanna meet up, and we've got 2/3 years on ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

So whats the Valhalla Rock & Metal Club like? It's in the Academy after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

So whats the Valhalla Rock & Metal Club like? It's in the Academy after the gig.

It's only once a month. Was on last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

There is actually a tread up here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055983061

Thinking of checking it out myself, if the drink promos are as good as I hear that they have been at the past events. Might check out the old Fibber's as well before the gig, never been in there and it's about time I ventured in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Vanhalla wrote: »

I'm in the same situation so i'm glad someone brought it up. Only differnce is i havent quiet got one foot in the grave yet. :pac:

Advertisement