Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Brief interview with Bruce here, talks about the set and the tour so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00t4n3j

From about 1 hour 4 minutes.

Thanks ... although the host is a knob.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

RayCon wrote: »
    Starting to get hyped now about this ... haven't seen Maiden since the RDS in 2005 .... not getting into the setlist debate (Im actually looking forward to the current setlist) but the setlist that night was killer :

1.Murders In The Rue Morgue
    2.Another Life
    3.Prowler
    4.The Trooper
    5.Remember Tomorrow
    6.Where Eagles Dare
    7.Run to the Hills
    8.Revelations
    9.Wrathchild
    10.Die With Your Boots on
    11.Phantom Of The Opera
    12.The Number of the Beast
    13.Hallowed Be Thy Name
    14.Iron Maiden
    Encore:
    15.Running Free
    16.Drifter
    17.Sanctuary
    now thats a setlist thats great the one tomorrow night is poor 10 songs from 2000 what a joke and im travelling hundreds of miles for this :confused:

TommoD wrote: »
    Ill def be heading to fibbers cause there is an Iron maiden aftershow party on there.

wheres this i aint local ( thank god ) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

now thats a setlist thats great the one tomorrow night is poor 10 songs from 2000 what a joke and im travelling hundreds of miles for this :confused:

Well people have known about the type of setlist on the US tour for a while now, so if you felt that strongly about the setlist why didn't you sell your ticket, like so many other people have?

Anyway, this is the first date of the Final Frontier tour, so we will more than likely be getting some songs off the new album. Plus, I have been hearing that Bruce has said in interviews that they are gonna change up the setlist for this tour, so there are chances that we might get more classic songs.

Well people have known about the type of setlist on the US tour for a while now, so if you felt that strongly about the setlist why didn't you sell your ticket, like so many other people have?

Anyway, this is the first date of the Final Frontier tour, so we will more than likely be getting some songs off the new album. Plus, I have been hearing that Bruce has said in interviews that they are gonna change up the setlist for this tour, so there are chances that we might get more classic songs.

i would if i could -i only found out the setlist recently more into their old stuff up to seventh son .anything happning around beforehand

• Advertisement

Plus, I have been hearing that Bruce has said in interviews that they are gonna change up the setlist for this tour, so there are chances that we might get more classic songs.

Listening to the radio link above I thought the opposite ... he basically said that the setlist on the US Tour is what they'll be playing at Sonisphere with very little (if any) changes ... so don't go dreaming that there's gonna be a sudden U-Turn to a "classics" set for the O2 ...

Listening to the radio link above I thought the opposite ... he basically said that the setlist on the US Tour is what they'll be playing at Sonisphere with very little (if any) changes ... so don't go dreaming that there's gonna be a sudden U-Turn to a "classics" set for the O2 ...
    therell be no changes unfortunately a lot of those tunes since 2000 are boring 7 minute waffle that new song eldorado is allright in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

That set list was the "Early Days" tour, the following tour was the next few albums, it was obvious that this tour was going to be the reunion stuff. Having seen Maiden loads of times, I can't wait to hear the current set list.

If they played "Classics" only on every tour, I don't think I'd bother. While they're great songs, I just don't want to hear "Run to the hills", "The Trooper" yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Fair enough, I was just going by what other people where saying on different forums, haven't gotten around to listening to the interview yet. Whatever setlist they play i'll be happy with, just glad that i'm finally getting to see Maiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

therell be no changes unfortunately a lot of those tunes since 2000 are boring 7 minute waffle that new song eldorado is allright in fairness

Have you actually seen the setlists ?
    Longer does not equal boring, imo of course.

By the way, anyone has a spare ticket ?
    A friend wants to bring his friend to the gig, as a bday present...

• Advertisement

this is the current set list
    1. The Wicker Man [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    2. Ghost Of The Navigator [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    3. Wrathchild [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    4. El Dorado [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    5. Dance Of Death [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    6. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    7. These Colours Don't Run [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    8. Blood Brothers [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    9. Wildest Dreams [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    10. No More Lies [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    11. Brave New World [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    12. Fear Of The Dark [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    13. Iron Maiden [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    <LI class=encore>Encore:
    1. The Number of the Beast [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    2. Hallowed Be Thy Name [URL="javascript:void(0);"]Play Video[/URL]
    3. Running Free

Which is a very good setlist imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    By the way, anyone has a spare ticket ?
    A friend wants to bring his friend to the gig, as a bday present...

There's a few being sold on adverts and toutless

Dermo wrote: »
    There's a few being sold on adverts and toutless

Cheers, some over-priced but one for face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rasec9

Hi guys,

Anyone knows what time does the show starts? I'm assuming there will be no opening band (snif snif) so what time is the gig starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Rasec9 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Anyone knows what time does the show starts? I'm assuming there will be no opening band (snif snif) so what time is the gig starting?

sweet savage are supporting, but I'd expect iron maiden to get on stage around the 9pm mark, unless somebody has the official showtimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rasec9

Dermo wrote: »
    sweet savage are supporting, but I'd expect iron maiden to get on stage around the 9pm mark, unless somebody has the official showtimes.

Thanks, I had no idea Sweet Savage were up again after all these years! I'll come around 19h30 then.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Official
    Doors: 18.30hrs
    Support: 19.35hrs
    Iron Maiden 20:45hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

yknaa wrote: »
    Official
    I had no idea the Doors were playing! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

ozzy jr wrote: »
    That set list was the "Early Days" tour, the following tour was the next few albums, it was obvious that this tour was going to be the reunion stuff. Having seen Maiden loads of times, I can't wait to hear the current set list.

If they played "Classics" only on every tour, I don't think I'd bother. While they're great songs, I just don't want to hear "Run to the hills", "The Trooper" yet again.
    In total agreement with you there, while I haven't seen maiden before I have heard all the "classics" a lot what with live albums and dvds(know its not the same, but still), and to be honest I think the new stuff is just as good as any of the old, different certainly, but just as good.
    I'd actually rather the new stuff than the old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

just wanna say, see yous all their tomorrow night, should be epic and lets not let the ****ty opening act put us down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Nailz wrote: »
    I had no idea the Doors were playing! :p

Classic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

yknaa wrote: »
    Official

Deadly i can stay in the pub till about 8 so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Now that was close, i donated $35 to the Ronnie James Dio Stand up and Shout cancer fund 6 weeks ago.

Anybody who donated $35 got a commemorative t-shirt, a booklet from the funeral (i actually shed a tear when reading it)and a button badge. They just asked ya to pay $15 postage, but all of the 35 went in total to the fund.

I'll be wearin it 2moz night, pay tribute to the little man with the biggest voice ever

memorialshirt_lg.jpg[/QUOTE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation so i'm glad someone brought it up. Only differnce is i havent quiet got one foot in the grave yet. :pac:

If your female, il look after ya :D

My piece of **** car has decided not to start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Vanhalla wrote: »
    If your female, il look after ya :D

Sorry to disappoint so. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I am going to revel in my youth at this concert. Try not to get the zimmer frames in the way guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 metaljoe

One spare standing ticket available - a buddy can't make it - poor b@st@rd!

Cost price 65 Euro - that's 59.80 for the ticket and about 5 when we split ticketmaster's booking fee.

086-259-2713

scudzilla wrote: »
    memorialshirt_lg.jpg

Nice shirt :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »
    Now that was close, i donated $35 to the Ronnie James Dio Stand up and Shout cancer fund 6 weeks ago.

Anybody who donated $35 got a commemorative t-shirt, a booklet from the funeral (i actually shed a tear when reading it)and a button badge. They just asked ya to pay $15 postage, but all of the 35 went in total to the fund.

I'll be wearin it 2moz night, pay tribute to the little man with the biggest voice ever

memorialshirt_lg.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

almost picked up the tribute shirt at High Voltrage - it's class, but wanted to make the donation too, sounds stupid, but wanted to do both at the same time, besides they disappeared very quickly........must check if they are still sending out shirts with the donations......

Advertisement