Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

NIBBS wrote: »

almost picked up the tribute shirt at High Voltrage - it's class, but wanted to make the donation too, sounds stupid, but wanted to do both at the same time, besides they disappeared very quickly........must check if they are still sending out shirts with the donations......[/QUOTE]

Yes they are, but they have run out of the Memorial Service booklets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »
    almost picked up the tribute shirt at High Voltrage - it's class, but wanted to make the donation too, sounds stupid, but wanted to do both at the same time, besides they disappeared very quickly........must check if they are still sending out shirts with the donations......

Yes they are, but they have run out of the Memorial Service booklets[/QUOTE]

cheers for the heads up Scud......they were bound to run out of them quickly enough - I don't mind, as long as I get to donate and be sure that the money goes to the cause....

got to sign a book of condolences at the weekend, some terrific photos there too in a Mick Hutson exhibition......

NIBBS wrote: »
    Yes they are, but they have run out of the Memorial Service booklets

cheers for the heads up Scud......they were bound to run out of them quickly enough - I don't mind, as long as I get to donate and be sure that the money goes to the cause....

got to sign a book of condolences at the weekend, some terrific photos there too in a Mick Hutson exhibition......[/QUOTE]

I'm back in work on Monday so will scan the booklet and post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Guys, anyone know what "first to the barrier" passes are? A friend is offering me one.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Guys, anyone know what "first to the barrier" passes are? A friend is offering me one.

basically you'll be let into the venue early and hence you'll be first to the barrier.i've got it for dublin tonight also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Give it to me, it's crap and you don't need it.

:D

It basically means you get to go in first.
    If you get one, you go up to the people who check the tickets, they take your name off a list and you get in like half an hour earlier, meaning you're 'first to the barrier', eg first to the front rows.

But I don't know if it will work, your friend obviously won it so it will be on his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Give it to me, it's crap and you don't need it.

:D

It basically means you get to go in first.
    If you get one, you go up to the people who check the tickets, they take your name off a list and you get in like half an hour earlier, meaning you're 'first to the barrier', eg first to the front rows.

But I don't know if it will work, your friend obviously won it so it will be on his name.

you can bring a guest with you but for dublin all of the fan club trip will also have fttb.

Yeah he is in the fanclub and got two. Ha, I was thinking it was a fiendish plan to get people to watch sweet savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »

got to sign a book of condolences at the weekend, some terrific photos there too in a Mick Hutson exhibition......

I'm back in work on Monday so will scan the booklet and post[/QUOTE]

you are a gentleman Scud - much appreciated, made the donation last night, it's the t-shirt and a memorial button now as the package....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Scream for me DUBLIN scream for me. Come on clock hurry the f*ck up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

rednik wrote: »
    Scream for me DUBLIN scream for me. Come on clock hurry the f*ck up.

my thoughts exactly, can't wait for this workday to end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I don't know what was funnier. The fact that they had the Maiden football jerseys on sale for €100 or that I saw someone actually buy one! More money than sense I suppose.

Great performance from Maiden. Wasn't too impressed with the sound though. Bruce's vocals weren't too clear from where I was standing. Good night though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I don't know what was funnier. The fact that they had the Maiden football jerseys on sale for €100 or that I saw someone actually buy one! More money than sense I suppose.

Great performance from Maiden. Wasn't too impressed with the sound though. Bruce's vocals weren't too clear from where I was standing. Good night though

€100!?!!?! that's mental! i'll stick to my poor quality cheap áss €10 t-shirt thank you very much :p

I really enjoyed the gig and hope to see 'em again in hopefully the not too distant future. Have to agree on the sound though. vocals seemed a bit drowned out at times, especially during wildest dreams I thought. Disapointing as every other O2 gig i've been to the sound was great.
    That said, still loved the show and hope they come back with a "somewhere back in time" style show at some stage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Was the British flag brought out during "these colours don't run"? What was the reaction this time? Have we matured as a nation yet? :D

Going to see them in Stockholm next week at Sonisphere. Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Slayer are on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I thought it was a great gig. My first time seeing them live and I'd go again. I also thought that the vocals were off in some places but not many.

Saw someone with a football jersey too. Mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

The Don wrote: »

Saw someone with a football jersey too. Mental.

hmmm thats sound like a mental concert alright, wow a football jersey!!!

ush wrote: »
    Was the British flag brought out during "these colours don't run"? What was the reaction this time? Have we matured as a nation yet? :D

Going to see them in Stockholm next week at Sonisphere. Iggy Pop, Alice Cooper, Slayer are on the bill.

Nah, no flag. At the end Bruce does a little skit where he pretends he's an English copper and puts on the bobby hat and there were a few boos from a couple of drunks near me. I don't know if that was replicated everywhere though. Quite pathetic really, some people are just idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Yep. They were selling Iron Maiden Football Shirts which were claret in colour. Last night I wore my West Ham United Shirt. That was in homage to the band's huge connection with my club, and Steve Harris of course.

The gig itself was superb. Dickinson was on fire, and was far more himself then in 2006, when I felt he was rather lethargic. Either way, you just cant beat a night where you hear Maiden play "Hallowed Be Thy Name".

I have come to a conclusion about the O2, and im interested that Jack Presley seems to agree with me. The 02 is a wonderful venue. Most seats are great, there are plenty of outlets for food and drink and merchandise, there are ample bathrooms, and it is not designed to cause bottlenecks before or after the concert. Furthermore, the infrastructure is super, in that I can jump on a LUAS all the way up to the venue. However, the venue has retained a very significant ghost of the past. That ghost is the ghost of poor acoustics, which the Point Depot was haunted by. I first pegged this at Rage Against The Machine in June, but put it down to the sound engineers which RATM brought with them. Sadly, when I sat down to enjoy Sweet Savage, I noticed the same sound problems were still there.

Het-Field wrote: »
    Yep. They were selling Iron Maiden Football Shirts which were claret in colour. Last night I wore my West Ham United Shirt. That was in homage to the band's huge connection with my club, and Steve Harris of course.

The gig itself was superb. Dickinson was on fire, and was far more himself then in 2006, when I felt he was rather lethargic. Either way, you just cant beat a night where you hear Maiden play "Hallowed Be Thy Name".

I have come to a conclusion about the O2, and im interested that Jack Presley seems to agree with me. The 02 is a wonderful venue. Most seats are great, there are plenty of outlets for food and drink and merchandise, there are ample bathrooms, and it is not designed to cause bottlenecks before or after the concert. Furthermore, the infrastructure is super, in that I can jump on a LUAS all the way up to the venue. However, the venue has retained a very significant ghost of the past. That ghost is the ghost of poor acoustics, which the Point Depot was haunted by. I first pegged this at Rage Against The Machine in June, but put it down to the sound engineers which RATM brought with them. Sadly, when I sat down to enjoy Sweet Savage, I noticed the same sound problems were still there.

That was only my second time there since they've done it up but at the first (AC/DC), the sound was superb I thought, crystal clear. But last night it was very blurred. There were times when I couldn't hear Bruce and the guitars sounded a bit muddled. I don't know if it was the venue or IM's sound guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Cracking gig, I really enjoyed it. The sound was a bit dodgy at times, and I was stood right by the mixer too, apparently they've been having some sound issues all tour though.

I doubt if this person is reading this but to the idiot that shoved past everyone & knocked over a woman who was standing next to the sound desk - you're a coward & a waste of space.

• Advertisement

Nah, no flag. At the end Bruce does a little skit where he pretends he's an English copper and puts on the bobby hat and there were a few boos from a couple of drunks near me. I don't know if that was replicated everywhere though. Quite pathetic really, some people are just idiots!
    I didnt hear any boos were I was.
    peter1892 wrote: »
    Cracking gig, I really enjoyed it. The sound was a bit dodgy at times, and I was stood right by the mixer too, apparently they've been having some sound issues all tour though.

I doubt if this person is reading this but to the idiot that shoved past everyone & knocked over a woman who was standing next to the sound desk - you're a coward & a waste of space.
    Oh No way, I didn't see that. On my way out I saw some guy lying on the ground with medics around him.

I didn't go see Sweet Savage, I arrived in time for Maiden, were SS any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I thought Sweet Savage were gonna be muck but they actually turned out half decent in the end. Whiskey in the Jar seemed to get the crowd going a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 McLuvin

Ye that guy who was carried out was a friend of a friend-he's alright now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Really happy with the Setlist. Have seen Maiden a few times now so its nice to get a mix of things

38719_411329592913_710962913_4747206_923156_n.jpg
    38119_411329737913_710962913_4747214_4055267_n.jpg
    36789_411329722913_710962913_4747213_4937761_n.jpg
    39013_411329747913_710962913_4747215_1703378_n.jpg
    39857_411329862913_710962913_4747221_5233603_n.jpg
    38974_411330042913_710962913_4747230_4377943_n.jpg
    39020_411330062913_710962913_4747232_6959208_n.jpg
    37974_411330152913_710962913_4747236_5288483_n.jpg
    37753_411330357913_710962913_4747244_6979380_n.jpg
    38217_411330522913_710962913_4747251_2375518_n.jpg
    38488_411330552913_710962913_4747253_6465074_n.jpg
    39811_411330567913_710962913_4747254_6121674_n.jpg
    38628_411330622913_710962913_4747257_1350381_n.jpg
    38088_411330667913_710962913_4747260_2193082_n.jpg
    37837_411330717913_710962913_4747263_3406237_n.jpg

peter1892 wrote: »

I saw that same incident too. I was standing next to the sound desk too. was it during Running Free? If so it must have been the same incident. That bloke was a dick. Not only did he knock over the woman, he stuck around egging on some of her friends to fight him too after wards. It was only when security came over and marched him away did he calm down. Ah well, you always get one asshole.

I don't think it's the fact that he saw a football jersey that he's calling mental. it's the fact that he saw someone in a Maiden Final Frontier jersey that were on sale for €100 that he thought was mental! Crazy money

Cool photos by the way Apoch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rasec9

Yes, second time in the O2 and the same sound problems both times, pity because the venue is really really nice!!

Anyway, it was a great gig, Up the IRONS! They still rock as hard as 20 years ago!

First seen them back in 86, last night was awesome, the band were on fire.

Gotta say that it was the best i've EVER seen Bruce, the guy is a legend.

He's the frontman with one of the biggest bands in the world ever, he's an Olympic standard fencer(Swords to me and you) and he flies Boeing 757's in his spare time.

Who says boyhood dreams can't come true

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Great pics Apoch.:)

What does it say on Steve's T Shirt?

• Advertisement

oldscoil wrote: »
    Great pics Apoch.:)

What does it say on Steve's T Shirt?

Oldscoil need's better glasses :P;)

Advertisement