Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

oldscoil wrote: »
    Great pics Apoch.:)

What does it say on Steve's T Shirt?

Hey I just noticed that last post has my 333rd post :P

Scott: Why did you run out on me?
    Dr. Evil: Because you're not quite evil enough.
    Dr. Evil: Well it's true! It's true! You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

oldscoil wrote: »
    Hey I just noticed that last post has my 333rd post :P

Scott: Why did you run out on me?
    Dr. Evil: Because you're not quite evil enough.
    Dr. Evil: Well it's true! It's true! You're semi-evil. You're quasi-evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough.

And when I logged in just now this appeared at the top.

It is 15:59 on July 31 (@666)

What does that mean after the date???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This is a long shot, but has anybody got a spare ticket from last night's gig?

I collect me gig tickets, but my mate who ordered these from Maiden's pre sale got the pdf version. Crap

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

this was the greatest gig i have ever been to, sweet savage turned out to be alright, whiskey in the jar really got the crowd going, there was a really short (mabye 10 min) which is great cos sometimes it can be over an hour and i caught nickos drumstick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

The band were full of energy & effort, as was the crowd. Great atmosphere. I was kinda disappointed with the setlist though - the only song I loved was Number of the Beast - all the rest were average, IMO. I was hoping for Revelations, Mariner, 2 Minutes, The Trooper, Powerslave, Flight of Icarus, Can I Play With Madness, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

The band were full of energy & effort, as was the crowd. Great atmosphere. I was kinda disappointed with the setlist though - the only song I loved was Number of the Beast - all the rest were average, IMO. I was hoping for Revelations, Mariner, 2 Minutes, The Trooper, Powerslave, Flight of Icarus, Can I Play With Madness, etc.

Should have gone to the last tour so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Really enjoyed this gig. Was near enough to the front and stuck out the crush to get a great spot for the rest of it. Sweet savage were pretty good, but thought the fact they didn't pay tribute to Dio a bit disappointing. Thought Iron Maiden were on fire, Bruce is one hell of a front man!

Anyone see the guy in the pit near the front of the stage, in front of the kit try to start breakdancing and start spasing out a bit?

Also, Steve's t-shirt said "Whales, Oil, Beef, Hookers", what the hell did that mean?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Also, Steve's t-shirt said "Whales, Oil, Beef, Hookers", what the hell did that mean?:confused:

All the good things in life?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Last night was my first time seeing Iron maiden live and i really enjoyed the gig would of loved to hear Trooper, Run to the hills and a few of the older songs but i sort of knew what songs to expect.

Remeber near the end Bruce was talking to the crowd and he looked down and Siad to somone 'Are you alrite'

Anyone knw what happend.

I was sitting in Block C good view but a few drunken idiots around that kept going in and out.

Hopefully a show in The o2 or the Aviva Stadium in 2011 or 2012

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Thought it was a great show my personal favourites were wrathchild,number of the beast and hallowed be thy name.
    Steve Harris was outstanding murray and smith were boring gers and dickinson were great.
    I heard people moaning about set list but if you done your research you knew every song they were gonna do
    well done maiden see ya next time;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

this is the current set list
    1. The Wicker Man Play Video
    2. Ghost Of The Navigator Play Video
    3. Wrathchild Play Video
    4. El Dorado Play Video
    5. Dance Of Death Play Video
    6. The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg Play Video
    7. These Colours Don't Run Play Video
    8. Blood Brothers Play Video
    9. Wildest Dreams Play Video
    10. No More Lies Play Video
    11. Brave New World Play Video
    12. Fear Of The Dark Play Video
    13. Iron Maiden Play Video
    <LI class=encore>Encore:
    1. The Number of the Beast Play Video
    2. Hallowed Be Thy Name Play Video
    3. Running Free
    didnt change it one bit well done lemmy oh ya thats me :p

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

My first time at an Iron Maiden gig (and indeed first time at the o2).

I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. The sound wasn't mighty, but it didn't interfere too much for a great gig.

Didn't see much of Sweet Savage, as was late leaving Fibbers - arrived in while they played Whiskey in the Jar.

As an aside, the o2 is a great venue, much better than I remember when it was the Point. The queueing system they had for the toilets and bars seemed to work OK.

Up the Irons! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Loved the gig, "Dance of Death" was my particular favourite.
    In 1989, when I was 17 years old I was lucky enough to meet Nicko when he did a signing session in Waltons, followed by a drumming exhibition in the SFX for Paiste cymbals.
    My mate and I even blagged our way into his party at Barrys Hotel at the end of the night.
    I spoke to Nicko for 10 mins and enjoyed the free drink. He was absolutely sound and given Maiden had not long finished the seventh son tour and were probably the biggest band in the world, he was very down to earth.
    I'll never forget that night, nor the 6 Maiden shows I've seen since.
    Up the Irons!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Takemyscars72

Epic Gig
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bibs

scudzilla wrote: »
    This is a long shot, but has anybody got a spare ticket from last night's gig?

I collect me gig tickets, but my mate who ordered these from Maiden's pre sale got the pdf version. Crap

Sell ya it for 20 squids? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I saw that same incident too. I was standing next to the sound desk too. was it during Running Free? If so it must have been the same incident. That bloke was a dick. Not only did he knock over the woman, he stuck around egging on some of her friends to fight him too after wards. It was only when security came over and marched him away did he calm down. Ah well, you always get one asshole.

This happened quite early on (during El Dorado). Yeah, there's always someone who has to ruin things for other people.

Anyway, apart from that it was a great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 pert

Really enjoyed this gig. Was near enough to the front and stuck out the crush to get a great spot for the rest of it. Sweet savage were pretty good, but thought the fact they didn't pay tribute to Dio a bit disappointing. Thought Iron Maiden were on fire, Bruce is one hell of a front man!

Anyone see the guy in the pit near the front of the stage, in front of the kit try to start breakdancing and start spasing out a bit?

Aye I saw that, thought he was having a fit or something then he got up. Was mad at the front, never had so much fun at a gig.

pert wrote: »
    Aye I saw that, thought he was having a fit or something then he got up. Was mad at the front, never had so much fun at a gig.

Well, the second time he did it, I really did think he was having a fit until his arms took the position of the air guitar and he got up and then started rocking out. He was a prat though. When he first did it, he took out three people when he went down. Why the fuck would you want to do that in the middle of a moshpit? :confused:

I also had to had to laugh at one of the guys my friends were talking to before Sweet Savage who said he had seen the original Guns 'N' Roses play. He was then asked what age he was and said he was 17 :p. There were some amount of jokers at that gig.

Well, the second time he did it, I really did think he was having a fit until his arms took the position of the air guitar and he got up and then started rocking out. He was a prat though. When he first did it, he took out three people when he went down. Why the fuck would you want to do that in the middle of a moshpit? :confused:

I also had to had to laugh at one of the guys my friends were talking to before Sweet Savage who said he had seen the original Guns 'N' Roses play. He was then asked what age he was and said he was 17 :p. There were some amount of jokers at that gig.

There were some eejits alright. Like this kid :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWoNIgJOOdw

Did you see the boy in the chequered shirt and shaved head. He was a madman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

lol @ that video. Aw so mad I missed this. Just back from Germany. I knew they were playing newer material but I didnt expect the Wickerman. I would went crazy with them opening with it. Sounds like a great gig anyway :(

• Advertisement

There were some eejits alright. Like this kid :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWoNIgJOOdw

Did you see the boy in the chequered shirt and shaved head. He was a madman.

Was he the guy who was madly swinging his arms in the pit during Hallowed Be Thy Name? If so, he scared me. Was gonna go into it till I saw that mad fecker.

Was he the guy who was madly swinging his arms in the pit during Hallowed Be Thy Name? If so, he scared me. Was gonna go into it till I saw that mad fecker.

Aye that was him, I was going mad in it wearing my Timberland t-shirt, classy :D

Got soaked haha

Aye that was him, I was going mad in it wearing my Timberland t-shirt, classy :D

Got soaked haha

Got soaked as well. Was going in for most of the pits, but decided to stay out when I saw the spasing/breakdancing and flailing arms guys.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Enjoyed the gig, was up near the front only lasted about 40 mins in the moshpit during Maiden as it was too hard to stay on my feet and get mushed by everyone, scary stuff - I'm only little :o

Watched the rest of the gig near the back, and thought they put on a great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

anyone got any photos from the gig? Mine came out horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

jaykhunter wrote: »
    There is a few earlier in the thread. Mine were crap too, seemed to be a mist of sweat in the way haha

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Steves shirt said WHALE-OIL-BEEF-HOOKED. Its a play with words as far as I know.If said quickly, it sounds like WELL I'LL BE F****D! Get it? ha ha ha.
    Also, what a gig.Got up near the front,abt 10 rows back. When Maiden came on and the crowd went mental,the gf got an elbow in the face,so she was pretty much out on her feet,so had to get her outta there.We went over to the left,and after a little while,who did I see only Ray Haller from Sweet Savage,standing behind us watching the gig,totally oblivious to everyone.:cool:Went over,had a little chat,took a pic of him with my gf. Everything happens for a reason eh?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

jaykhunter wrote: »

Mine too, mostly a sea of arms and blurriness!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What a gig, loved every second of it. Really impressed with how the new tune sounded live.

Also love the version of Doctor Doctor that came on just before maiden hit the stage. Had a cheeky smile on my face as its one of my guilty pleasures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

I've just about recovered from the concert,have to say was very disappointed with the sound quality,saw Pearl Jam in the 02 a couple of weeks back and the sound was really good,so had high expections of Maiden,but besides that it was an AMAZING gig....they played Fear of the Dark which is one song I've always wanted to experience live and big thanks to all the people in earlier posts who recommended Fibber's off O'Connell st for drinks after the concert,we had a ball there!!

Advertisement