Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

jaykhunter wrote: »
    anyone got any photos from the gig? Mine came out horrible!

here ya go.........couple of decent ones in there.....odd, they seemed to upload in a different order......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12980456@N04/sets/72157624635569684/

must check how to add images, the links didn't work to link to the Flickr set above......

set-72157624635569684

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

NIBBS wrote: »
    here ya go.........couple of decent ones in there.....odd, they seemed to upload in a different order......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12980456@N04/sets/72157624635569684/

must check how to add images, the links didn't work to link to the Flickr set above......

set-72157624635569684
    Excellent photos my my man.What u take em with,where were u????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Thanks to those who uploaded photos. My first Maiden gig (missed one back in the late '90s due to exams, never forgave myself...) and I was proper impressed. Could possibly have done with a few less leg stretches from Janick but by and large, great stuff. Enjoyed Bruce's musings on Heavy Metal fans ("If the world was run by Heavy Metal fans, there'd be a ****load of songs about death but no one would actually die..."). Also really impressed with how well the "new" stuff holds up against the classics. With the exception maybe of the sub-Prisoner "Wildest Dreams" there wasn't a dud in the bunch and there were plenty of tracks that didn't get an airing - longest day, face in the sand, Montsegur, Paschendale, For The Greater Good of God etc.

Sound quality-wise I can only imagine what an all-over-the-shop tune like Ghost Of The Navigator sounded like to someone who didn't know it already, got a bit muddy at times.

The one disappointment was the lack of a personalised Dublin t-shirt, given that the US gigs got 'em and Knebworth the following night got one. There were some great ones floating around the gig from a number of UK gigs (I did X with Eddie at Y). Hell, even HMV had a generic Final Frontier shirt with crossed Irish and Maiden flags on the back... and a damn sight cheaper than you'd get one in a gig for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread guys n'gals:

Can anyone suggest a good starting point for a Maiden virgin(lol)??

I have the "Edward the Great" cd and I also have the Rock In Rio dvd and the Live After Death video.

Cheers.

I have seen the band in concert twice, but never bothered my a**e to get any cds!! :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread guys n'gals:

Can anyone suggest a good starting point for a Maiden virgin(lol)??

I have the "Edward the Great" cd and I also have the Rock In Rio dvd and the Live After Death video.

Cheers.

I have seen the band in concert twice, but never bothered my a**e to get any cds!! :rolleyes::D

The Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son or Dance of Death I'd say.

• Advertisement

The Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son or Dance of Death I'd say.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Thanks

You're spoiled for choice starting out. Just don't start with anything from the 90's. They're not as good as the stuff either before or after.

You're spoiled for choice starting out. Just don't start with anything from the 90's. They're not as good as the stuff either before or after.

My mate says that their as good as finished. I suppose he's right with them all being in their 50s??

My mate says that their as good as finished. I suppose he's right with them all being in their 50s??

I doubt they're done just yet, The Final Frontier isn't even out yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Anyone else think that the X factor is a great album?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I doubt they're done just yet, The Final Frontier isn't even out yet!

Steve Harris apparently said a few years ago that ideally he would like to finish on 15 albums (this being the 15th) but i'm not sure where I heard or read it but he's supposedly taken this back and said that they have no plans to finish up in the near future.

They really don't look like a band that's coming to the end of their career. They're all still very active on stage, particularly Bruce, who's still running and jumping around like a maniac and definitly the most active front man i've seen on stage. I'm sure they all keep in very good shape plus unlike a lot of other bands from that era they were never involved with drugs and wouldn't drink to the point of alcoholism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Excellent photos my my man.What u take em with,where were u????

Cheers dude, upgraded my gig camera........wanted to have something with better optical zoom incase I was in the seats somewhere like the Point....got a Fuji JZ300......still getting to grips with it, but like it so far......

was in a couple of places, had problems finding my mates when I went to the jacks........ended up just in front of Gers, at the left side of the mosh pit.....some of the better ones were actually taken from further back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,586 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

MUSSOLINI wrote:
    Anyone else think that the X factor is a great album?
    I value my CD collection and take great care of it. Not a single CD (or even cover) has a scratch on it, and each band is arranged alphabetically, while each band's discography is arranged chronologically. If anyone borrows a CD of mine, I will know it straight away.

One time I lost my copy of the X Factor album while moving house. To this day, I really don't care. Not many albums have had such a "meh" effect on me as that

I value my CD collection and take great care of it. Not a single CD (or even cover) has a scratch on it, and each band is arranged alphabetically, while each band's discography is arranged chronologically. If anyone borrows a CD of mine, I will know it straight away.

One time I lost my copy of the X Factor album while moving house. To this day, I really don't care. Not many albums have had such a "meh" effect on me as that
    I just discovered it yesterday, had not heard of it and am thoroughly enjoying it :(

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    I just discovered it yesterday, had not heard of it and am thoroughly enjoying it :(

X-Factor is the better of the two Blaze albums. It's not bad a such and I would rate it above NPFTD or FOTD (excluding the title track of course) but it's not as good as any of Bruce's other stuff or the Paul Di'anno albums. I must give it a listen again. I haven't had it on in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

scudzilla wrote: »
    cheers for the heads up Scud......they were bound to run out of them quickly enough - I don't mind, as long as I get to donate and be sure that the money goes to the cause....

got to sign a book of condolences at the weekend, some terrific photos there too in a Mick Hutson exhibition......

I'm back in work on Monday so will scan the booklet and post[/QUOTE]

Just finishing scanning the booklet, will post it here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055913140 in a few moments

Went to my local HMV store today to look for some of Maiden's stuff. All they had in stock was 2 copies of Somewhere In Time!! :rolleyes:

Went to my local HMV store today to look for some of Maiden's stuff. All they had in stock was 2 copies of Somewhere In Time!! :rolleyes:

If you're in Dublin try places like Sentinel and Sound Cellar especially. Excellent stuff there. Even Tower Records have good stuff from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

So far for 'Blablabla the new stuff sucks' eh :D

What a show that was, amazing.
    And I even managed to take some great pics with my ****ty phone camera, because I got that close to the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

If you're in Dublin try places like Sentinel and Sound Cellar especially. Excellent stuff there. Even Tower Records have good stuff from time to time.

Sentinel is gone Im afraid ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

great friggin gig.
    the 02 could do wit some air conditioning tho! at least in section M

anyone want to sell me one of nickos drunsticks by the way? or just give it to me.
    nicko is a ****in legend

I don't know what was funnier. The fact that they had the Maiden football jerseys on sale for €100 or that I saw someone actually buy one! More money than sense I suppose.

Great performance from Maiden. Wasn't too impressed with the sound though. Bruce's vocals weren't too clear from where I was standing. Good night though

Exact same thing here in Maiden's webstore for 47sterling

http://www.ironmaiden.com/shop/web/index.php#

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Vanhalla wrote: »
    anyone want to sell me one of nickos drunsticks by the way? or just give it to me.
    nicko is a ****in legend

Was lucky enough to meet some of the guys on saturday me and me mate are great friends with sean adrians guitar tech anytime maiden come over we get looked after spent the early hours on the tour bus with the crew after the gig until it departed for the ferry they heading straight for knebworth also got talkin to charlie nickos drumtech and he hooked me up with a set of used and unused sticks hehe pics below
    Have to say i loved the setlist ive seen them so many times now was great to hear them open with the wickerman and dance of death was a highlight for me along with blood brothers,On the other side of the coin i can see why anyone who went to see the band for the first time may be annoyed at the setlist and the lack of "classics" but as the famous FR Fintan stack famously said "I had my fun and thats all that matters"
    39056_1478023063029_1007332890_31370089_4321382_n.jpg37560_1478155786347_1007332890_31370299_3758483_n.jpg
    37764_1477906780122_1007332890_31369804_5916400_n.jpg

I am jealous. :(

Was lucky enough to meet some of the guys on saturday me and me mate are great friends with sean adrians guitar tech anytime maiden come over we get looked after spent the early hours on the tour bus with the crew after the gig until it departed for the ferry they heading straight for knebworth also got talkin to charlie nickos drumtech and he hooked me up with a set of used and unused sticks hehe pics below
    Have to say i loved the setlist ive seen them so many times now was great to hear them open with the wickerman and dance of death was a highlight for me along with blood brothers,On the other side of the coin i can see why anyone who went to see the band for the first time may be annoyed at the setlist and the lack of "classics" but as the famous FR Fintan stack famously said "I had my fun and thats all that matters"
    39056_1478023063029_1007332890_31370089_4321382_n.jpg37560_1478155786347_1007332890_31370299_3758483_n.jpg
    37764_1477906780122_1007332890_31369804_5916400_n.jpg

You lucky ****in bolox you.

if u can manage to get another set of drumsticks think of me, VANHALLA
    thanking u

i just checked how much credit i have on my phone and its 6.66.
    freaky

Nice 1, did they ever find Adrians Guitar? The one that was robbed in Athens?

Anybody see any camera's around, they MAY have been filming as the guys wore EXACTLY the same clothes at Sonisphere on Sunday night.

Only time that normally happens is when they're filming and need continuity

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Anybody see any camera's around, they MAY have been filming as the guys wore EXACTLY the same clothes at Sonisphere on Sunday night.

Only time that normally happens is when they're filming and need continuity

They've worn the same clothes every night on this tour so far. It was the same the last couple of times as well.

Advertisement