Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

NIBBS wrote: »
    as long as Maiden don't play the whole of their new album I'll be happy, to get to see Dio again, in whatever form solo or with H&H will be fantastic and of course Maiden giving it socks as their warm up show........this summer is going to be fantastic.....

http://rockchoice.com/iron-maiden-dream-theater-2010-tour/

“We’re still working on the set list for these summer shows, but this time it will cover the whole history of the band, and I can hint that we will be playing a taster from the new album. We already have the designs for the new Final Frontier stage show which we are building to bring out with us, so this summer tour will be a bit of a preview for the fans. It’s certainly looking very spectacular at this stage and with a brand new Eddie and an amazing light show!”

That makes it sound like they'll only play a few from the new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Been waiting for this. My bank account can definitly take a hit for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

DingChavez wrote: »
    http://rockchoice.com/iron-maiden-dream-theater-2010-tour/

“We’re still working on the set list for these summer shows, but this time it will cover the whole history of the band, and I can hint that we will be playing a taster from the new album. We already have the designs for the new Final Frontier stage show which we are building to bring out with us, so this summer tour will be a bit of a preview for the fans. It’s certainly looking very spectacular at this stage and with a brand new Eddie and an amazing light show!”

That makes it sound like they'll only play a few from the new album.

cheers for that Chavez, yeah that sounds very promising, only thing I'm left wondering now is will they have any of the stage set for us - I'd assume that it's a stadium setup rather than indoors ?

would be nice to see some golden oldies and rarities in the set......now just have to find a stack of cash somewhere......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Still undecided about going to this! Seen Maiden in 2005 & 2006 and much prefer seeing them play outdoors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Cant wait for this gig. This and Megadeth have made the summer for me! :D

• Advertisement

Where are megadeth playing??

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Where are megadeth playing??

the marquee cork 14 june

the marquee cork 14 june

Ah on my 20th birthday :) nice. Don't think i wanna travel all the way to cork though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Still undecided about going to this! Seen Maiden in 2005 & 2006 and much prefer seeing them play outdoors

Different folks , different strokes ... Id much prefer an indoor gig ... Iron Maiden AND Black Sabbath in the O2 is an amazing double bill , still can't believe we're getting this in Dublin. I can see a lot of people travelling from the UK for this one ... it's such a good pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Sweet, few days before I fly out for Wacken :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Hoping to head to Dublin for this. Would be my first time seeing Maiden.. Need to go before they drop dead :pac:

I find it odd that it's on in the o2 though... is it not a bit small for maiden? :confused: but will be ****ing great I'm sure :D

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Hoping to head to Dublin for this. Would be my first time seeing Maiden.. Need to go before they drop dead :pac:

I find it odd that it's on in the o2 though... is it not a bit small for maiden? :confused: but will be ****ing great I'm sure :D

not at all. I seen then in "the point" in 2006 and there was still lots of empty space. I believe the point was smaller than the o2, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TAMAMAN92

Will there be a pit at this gig do yis think???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

TAMAMAN92 wrote: »

There wasn't at AC/DC but they seem to be putting pits in more and more since then

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Been waiting for this. My bank account can definitly take a hit for this :D
    haha sos mine would prefer an outdoor gig like metallica last year at marley park that was awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oweno

For 24 years i've been listening to these bands and can't belive their playing together in the O2. I can't wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

oweno wrote: »
    For 24 years i've been listening to these bands and can't belive their playing together in the O2. I can't wait. :D

Non-stop???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'm really of 2 minds... I've seen Maiden so many times before... I don't like the o2 Dublin at all...

But then it is MAIDEN... it IS Ronnie James Dio et al... Argh!!!

I'm so torn! I don't know if I can afford this... But it would be so cool... Torn...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 oweno

scudzilla wrote: »
    Non-stop???

ah no, i stuck a bit of ac/dc, metallica and a few others in between;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Any idea how you get into the fan club pre-sale? A mate of mine has a code but can't see any way to get to the sale itself. Should he have been sent the link via email?

EDIT: Never mind, got it sorted, tickets acquired!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

4 tickets aquired here too :cool:; really looking forward to this. Great to see Ronnie back on stage as I never thought I'd see him again after the Glasgow gig was cancelled due to his illness. Been too long since Donington 1987.

Great to see Maiden again as I missed their last tour. Has the band said this is the last album / tour or is that just rumours because of the title??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Fan club allocation is now sold out, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

blastman wrote: »
    Fan club allocation is now sold out, apparently.

not true,just checked there still available,this'l be no.16 for maiden for me and then sonisphere on the sunday and with any luck a night in bercy fingers crossed they play there,unrel venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I just picked up my 3 tix with o2 priority purchase! SWEET!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Got my two standing this morning. F*cking ecstatic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

:cool: Tickets sorted with O2 presale this morning ....

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Got my 3 tickets on pre-sale too. Think this one will sell fast;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Also got tickets via the O2 presale. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

TAMAMAN92 wrote: »

From my experience of going to and working at larger gigs, it appears to me that promoters will implement a pit if it is likely that a significant number of the concert-goers will queue up hours prior to the doors opening. Personally I don't think there will be a pit at this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

Anyone want to share a ticket 'cos I'll be leaving after Heaven & Hell ;)

CPL 593H

Advertisement