Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If H &H pull out then probly one of the bands playing sonisphere on the sunday will play instead.

Would love to see Rammistein or Motley Crue.

could be Pendulum if H & H do pull out

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not a chance. Dickinson has come out many times since then and slammed Ozzy and his wife, and has gone on record that he will not work with either again.
    oh..... wow.... didnt know that...... and i call myself a maiden fan :(:D:D

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If H &H pull out then probly one of the bands playing sonisphere on the sunday will play instead.

Would love to see Rammistein or Motley Crue.

could be Pendulum if H & H do pull out
    hopefully rammstein. that would be a perfect night

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

oh..... wow.... didnt know that...... and i call myself a maiden fan :(:D:D

To add to that, Sharon Osbourne went on US tv and slagged the hell out of Maiden, and tried to claim that had sold shag all records during the last twenty years. Kinda ironic given what Ozzy has sold in that time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Kess73 wrote: »
    To add to that, Sharon Osbourne went on US tv and slagged the hell out of Maiden, and tried to claim that had sold shag all records during the last twenty years. Kinda ironic given what Ozzy has sold in that time. :D

Also kinda ironic considering it was Maiden who stepped up to headline Ozzfest when the old Coffin dodger that used to be Ozzy pulled out. Maiden Saved Ozzfest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

scudzilla wrote: »
    Also kinda ironic considering it was Maiden who stepped up to headline Ozzfest when the old Coffin dodger that used to be Ozzy pulled out. Maiden Saved Ozzfest

Yep, Ozzy pulled out, then claimed he was back, then pulled out etc.

Maiden came in and were putting on great shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

4 tickets aquired here too :cool:; really looking forward to this. Great to see Ronnie back on stage as I never thought I'd see him again after the Glasgow gig was cancelled due to his illness. Been too long since Donington 1987.

Great to see Maiden again as I missed their last tour. Has the band said this is the last album / tour or is that just rumours because of the title??

I really hope the Dustcloud clears before then, maybe I better start working on my swimming skills just in case ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I really hope the Dustcloud clears before then, maybe I better start working on my swimming skills just in case ;-)

Ah swimming is just no consolation for missing a maiden gig :p

Got my tickets today, thank you sound cellar :D

hopefully we can see rammstein play if h and h pull out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

Just got my ticket there. first time going to the o2 since it done up. got a seated ticket for it. cant wait. :cool: up the irons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

hopefully we can see rammstein play if h and h pull out

I would love to see Rammtein too, but would prefer if they played a headline gig in Ireland; we would get the full stage production then.

I would love to see Rammtein too, but would prefer if they played a headline gig in Ireland; we would get the full stage production then.

Where are people even getting this from, I could not see Rammstein supporting Maiden.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Where are people even getting this from, I could not see Rammstein supporting Maiden.
    they are doing it the next day at sonisphere

That's a bit different in fairness.

Has there been any more news on the possibility of H & H pulling out?

It better clear long before then or I'll be swimming to Download :D

It better clear long before then or I'll be swimming to Download :D

Last time i checked Donington was in the middle of England, miles from water so swimming!!

I bet you were involved with giving the Speedboats out as prizes on Bullseye :P:P;)

That's a bit different in fairness.

Has there been any more news on the possibility of H & H pulling out?
    not yet but its still a while yet to july

Last time i checked Donington was in the middle of England, miles from water so swimming!!

I bet you were involved with giving the Speedboats out as prizes on Bullseye :P:P;)

It may be miles from water, but there's a bit of water between Ireland and England :D

You remember bullseye??? I don't feel so old on this forum after all :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Aren't Rammstein headlining the Saturday, and Maiden the Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Hopefully we don't get crap like Rammstein supporting Iron Maiden. I'd rather have a longer set for them if Heaven & Hell dropped out to be honest.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we don't get crap like Rammstein supporting Iron Maiden. I'd rather have a longer set for them if Heaven & Hell dropped out to be honest.

:eek:

I hope they're not for the simple fact that I'll be seeing them both this Summer anyways :pac:

Rammstein supporting Maiden would be kinda weird imo, they're both quite epic bands in their own right, rather have them stand side by side :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The thing is maiden pick a set at the start of a tour and stick with it all the way through. They might add a change a song or two somewhere along the line but they'll never extend their set by too much

Aren't Rammstein headlining the Saturday, and Maiden the Sunday?
    i think they are both on the same day but im not 100%.

:eek:

I hope they're not for the simple fact that I'll be seeing them both this Summer anyways :pac:

Rammstein supporting Maiden would be kinda weird imo, they're both quite epic bands in their own right, rather have them stand side by side :pac:

It won't happen
    The thing is maiden pick a set at the start of a tour and stick with it all the way through. They might add a change a song or two somewhere along the line but they'll never extend their set by too much

Now i love Maiden, AC/DC too, but i don't like this practice these both bands do in hardly EVER changing a set list during a tour, i think AC/DC played the whole Black Ice tour and changed the set list 3 times!!!

Compare them to bands like Metallica, who have a smaller back catalogue, they'll change the set list on a nightly basis, keeping things nice and fresh
    i think they are both on the same day but im not 100%.

Both on different nights as both headlining

Bad News :(:(

Looks like Heaven & Hell have pulled out, on Ticketbastard now it's just being billed as a Maiden gig

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Iron-Maiden-tickets/artist/735341?brand=&tm_link=tm_homeA_g7&hot_ticket_brand=home

Normally i'd be royally pissed off but after what RJD has gone through my thoughs are with him and his family, hope he makes a speedy recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

They prolby be some local support than lol

Looks like Heaven & Hell have pulled out, on Ticketbastard now it's just being billed as a Maiden gig

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Iron-Maiden-tickets/artist/735341?brand=&tm_link=tm_homeA_g7&hot_ticket_brand=home

Normally i'd be royally pissed off but after what RJD has gone through my thoughs are with him and his family, hope he makes a speedy recovery
    me too hope he gets better
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    They prolby be some local support than lol
    for a band as big as maiden i doubt it but knowing the way this country works i wouldnt be suprised if the script supported them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It won't happen

Now i love Maiden, AC/DC too, but i don't like this practice these both bands do in hardly EVER changing a set list during a tour, i think AC/DC played the whole Black Ice tour and changed the set list 3 times!!!

Compare them to bands like Metallica, who have a smaller back catalogue, they'll change the set list on a nightly basis, keeping things nice and fresh

Both on different nights as both headlining

Bahaha, yeah right. Metallica only keep the same songs in rotation for each 3/4 years. Ya might one or two different songs when they play. The songs ya hear in Dublin, only 3/4 other will be used over a full tour.

Hope H&H didn't have to pull out, wouldn't be a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Have MCD or more importantly, a spokesperson for Heaven and Hell confirmed this ?

• Advertisement

RayCon wrote: »
    Have MCD or more importantly, a spokesperson for Heaven and Hell confirmed this ?

No, but it does seem very odd that they started selling it as an Iron Maiden with Heaven & Hell gig, now H&H have gone.
    On Dio's website he'd just finished his 7th course of Chemotherapy on March 12th and was due to go back in 3 weeks after that.

Just don't be at all surprised if they pull out

Advertisement