Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its not on the H&H website (the gig), and all others are still listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some Possiblitys of support on the night

Slayer
    Anthrax
    Fear Factory
    Motley Crue
    Alice In Chains
    Funeral For A Friend
    Pendulum
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Trivium
    Papa Roach

No Chance LoL

Metallica
    Kiss
    Alice Cooper
    Judas Preist
    Def Lepperd
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Guns N Roses
    The Saw Doctors
    Westlife
    Jedward
    Whitney Houstan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Fear Factory please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Some Possiblitys of support on the night

Slayer
    Anthrax
    Fear Factory
    Motley Crue
    Alice In Chains
    Funeral For A Friend
    Pendulum
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Trivium
    Papa Roach

No Chance LoL

Metallica
    Kiss
    Alice Cooper
    Judas Preist
    Def Lepperd
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Guns N Roses
    The Saw Doctors
    Westlife
    Jedward
    Whitney Houstan

Ones in bold: NO THANKS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

On the H&H site it lists the following tour dates :

■Jun 13 – Burgenland, Austria (Nova Rock Festival)
    ■Jun 18 – Zurich, Switzerland (Sonisphere)
    ■Jun 19 – Prague, Czech Republic (Sonisphere)
    ■Jun 22 – Sofia, Bulgaria (Sonisphere)
    ■Jun 26 – Bucharest, Romania (Sonisphere)
    ■Jun 27 – Istanbul, Turkey (Sonisphere)
    ■Jul 1 – Rome, Italy (Rock in Roma Festival)
    ■Jul 3 – Milan, Italy (Alcatraz)
    ■Jul 4 – Pordenone, Italy (Pordenone Fiera)
    ■Jul 6 – Barcelona, Spain (Razzmatazz 1)
    ■Jul 8 – Lisbon, Portugal (Optimus Alive Festival)
    ■Jul 10 – Barcelona, Spain (Sonisphere)
    ■Jul 24 – London, England (High Voltage Festival – Victoria Park)
    ■Aug 01 – Netherlands (Waerdse Tempel)
    ■Aug 07 – Stockholm, Sweden (Sonisphere)
    ■Aug 08 – Pori, Finland (Sonisphere)
    ■Aug 11 – Bergen, Norway (Koengen)
    ■Aug 15 – England (Bloodstock Metal Festival)

The show with Iron Maiden is not listed but if it was it's in the bottom 3rd of the list , I doubt Dublin would be the first to hear of a cancellation when there are so many other dates that would be affected first ...

... and back to my original point ... I doubt Dio would have committed to work of any kind without first consulting with his Medical Team, Band Mates, Family and Management.

Im keeping the faith the Sabs will be playing ... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Fear Factory please!

Playing in Belfast soon if any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »
    Bad News :(:(

Looks like Heaven & Hell have pulled out, on Ticketbastard now it's just being billed as a Maiden gig

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Iron-Maiden-tickets/artist/735341?brand=&tm_link=tm_homeA_g7&hot_ticket_brand=home

Normally i'd be royally pissed off but after what RJD has gone through my thoughs are with him and his family, hope he makes a speedy recovery

I wouldn't take anything listed on Tickmaster with regards to lineups or gig information too seriously - often changes multiple times leading up to a show......

was it ever listed on H&H's site ????
    until there's some sort of official confirmation that earlier dates are cancelled I also won't be paying much attention to it as it's only a rumour......

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

looking at the heaven and hell website and if you scroll down a bit to the blog area it says tour dates updated 22nd of march.maiden and heaven and hell weren't confirmed till after that.

As much as I believe H&H wil lstill be playing, if by any chance it doesn't work out, please get Dream Theater to support them here. Would be immense...and I'd buy a ticket immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chris1966

It's on MCD's site, they are supporting Maiden, so as they're the promoters we'll see! Just checked H&H site, nothing about it.

• Advertisement

yknaa wrote: »
    Playing in Belfast soon if any use.

Thank you thank you!

August 3rd, wonder if they'll be playing Dublin too, was disappointed they weren't supporting Metallica in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Blabbermouth is reporting that H&H have cancelled their European summer tour.

Balls - betcha the support will be sh!te now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chris1966

Ticketmaster saying they know nothing about H&H pulling out, still on MCD's site, just called MCD & I'm waiting for a reply from them

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Got my tickets in the post last week and they named H&H as special guests, but I suppose all can change depending on Ronnie's health.

With all the bands assembled for Sonisphere it shouldn't be too hard to get a decent support act.

Saying that I'd prefer if Dream Theater were slotted into the line up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

HEAVEN & HELL — the band featuring BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar), Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums) — has announced the cancellation of all planned appearances this summer in Europe, including its headline set at Bloodstock's (U.K.) 10th anniversary festival as well as performances at Sonisphere in Switzerland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey.

The band has issued the following statement regading the cancellations: "We have to announce that all forthcoming HEAVEN & HELL European shows have been cancelled as sadly [vocalist] Ronnie [James Dio, who was diagnosed with stomach cancer in November 2009] isn't well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."

LINK: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139554

What has pissed me off about this is not really the cancellation but the way we have been informed.

If any band has an excuse to cancel a show it's Heaven & Hell and i sincerely hope that Ronnie gets well soon.

I posted here last week that they've probably cancelled as there name had been removed from the Ticketmaster lisitng with Maiden, YET MCD STILL CONTINUED TO ADVERTISE THEM!!!

Surely any fan would understand the band having to pull out, all i ask, and i'm sure you guys do too, is that we're not treated like fools.

IMO there name was left on the MCD site to sellmore tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Got my tickets in the post last week and they named H&H as special guests, but I suppose all can change depending on Ronnie's health.

With all the bands assembled for Sonisphere it shouldn't be too hard to get a decent support act.

Saying that I'd prefer if Dream Theater were slotted into the line up.:D

It won't be hard to get a decent support act but unfortunately as MCD are the promoters, we'll probably end up with a pub band from Carlow or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

It won't be hard to get a decent support act but unfortunately as MCD are the promoters, we'll probably end up with a pub band from Carlow or something.

Ha ha ha it's funny 'cos it's true!

Actually it's not so funny...I bought tickets for this!!! :(

Chances of DT are slim I now think to replace them. A7X have announced a bunch of dates in USA, and if rumours are true, Portnoy will be drumming with them.

There was valid reasoning behind H&H scheduling this tour, with it being a calculated risk. Things must have taken a turn for the worse. Get well soon Ronnie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

fluke wrote: »
    Ha ha ha it's funny 'cos it's true!

Actually it's not so funny...I bought tickets for this!!! :(

There is form here. I can't remember which gigs exactly they were but they were major acts in the Point and the support were Humanzi and on another occasion a band called Payola.

(and I meant no offence to Carlow in my previous email - just the first county that sprang to mind!)

Well Humanzi were kinda pushing on being a bit big, saw them support twice in the Point actually. They'll need someone quite big to push tickets though.

Mushy wrote: »
    Well Humanzi were kinda pushing on being a bit big, saw them support twice in the Point actually. They'll need someone quite big to push tickets though.

Nah, some1 will conveniently 'forget' to remove H&H from the MCD site, tickets will sell out, then they will be removed and replaced by "Arsewipe & the Buttfcuks"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Metallica As Support lol.

Lauren Harris as support, make it a family affair :p

--LOS-- wrote: »
    Lauren Harris as support, make it a family affair :p

Nah, Maiden would never take Lauren Harris out on tour wit them, i mean i'm sure Steve would want his daughter to make it on her own wit no support whatsoever from Maiden :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Heaven and Hell have cancelled their summer tour which I presume includes the Iron Maiden gig. Not surprising given that he's almost 70. I hope he recovers.

http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

Get well soon Ronnie .... gutted about this but what can you do ... hope he has a full recovery and we get to see H&H in Ireland soon.

Focus now switches to who MCD will secure as support ... Im not holding my breath it'll be somebody worthy as replacements for H&H ... if your reading MCD , get someone from the same era / genre as Sabbath (and more importantly someone who will appeal to the same fanbase who were going to see H&H) ... the High Voltage Festival is taking place the previous weekend (which H&H have had to pull out of also) ... from that line up - book Saxon or UFO OR BOTH !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Shame about Heaven and Hell cancelling... that was a killer billing. We could get one of the bigger acts from Sonisphere as a replacement, I'm thinking Mötley Crüe since they're off that day and haven't played Ireland in years. Definitely won't be Slayer or Alice Cooper.

I do think MCD will try get a semi-decent replacement, it just depends on who is available and willing at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

would still love rammstein though. hope dio gets better though

Advertisement