Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ya know, I wouldn't mind some Bigelf. Saw them supporting Dream Theater last October, thought they were quite good, and have gotten into them more and more since then. Another band who'll perenially skip this isle:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Mushy wrote: »
    Ya know, I wouldn't mind some Bigelf. Saw them supporting Dream Theater last October, thought they were quite good, and have gotten into them more and more since then. Another band who'll perenially skip this isle:(

Unfortunately Irish promoters dont think theres enough Prog fans here:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Unfortunately Irish promoters dont think theres enough Prog fans here:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In a semi-serious tone with my mate last week, who got me into prog, I promised that Rush-DT-PT-Oceansize-Amplifier would all be playing the O2 in one day if I won the euromillions. Best left to a thread on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

In a semi-serious tone with my mate last week, who got me into prog, I promised that Rush-DT-PT-Oceansize-Amplifier would all be playing the O2 in one day if I won the euromillions. Best left to a thread on its own.

WTF PT?? :D

Jemmaa wrote: »

Eh, Porcupine Tree:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

eh Mushys fave band, didnt ya know, everyone knows that :p

--LOS-- wrote: »

Oh sorry I am new here :D

Can only blame Gavin Harrison and Richard Barbieri (despite him being a Millwall fan it turns out):D

But yeah Jemma, another prog band, except more in the modern, experimental sense. IMO, kick DT's ass....and probably Rush's to (sorry Karl, glawayrush and Baggio).

Can only blame Gavin Harrison and Richard Barbieri (despite him being a Millwall fan it turns out):D

But yeah Jemma, another prog band, except more in the modern, experimental sense. IMO, kick DT's ass....and probably Rush's to (sorry Karl, glawayrush and Baggio).

Thems be fightin words:pac:

Run Mushy run!! :D

• Advertisement

Run Mushy run!! :D

We'll settle this the old fashioned way.. with a vote;):pac:

We'll settle this the old fashioned way.. with a vote;):pac:

Hey be gentle with them let them post the best of their favourites I will learn it tomorrow :D
    In general I think its very wrong to put any band with Dream Theater and ask who's the best they are academics and perfectionists they just know harmony rules, composing music with kurzweil and working hard.
    I respect Rush and Porcupine Tree but it's absolutely different planets different sound you can't put them together it's lke who's the best: Atlantic or Pacific?

P.S. Please dont kill me :D
    P.P.S. Good night

I did have some to drink last night:D To the voting thread we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

There's a horrible rumour doing the rounds that a new version of Thin Lizzy featuring Marco Mendoza, Ricky Warwick, Darren Wharton, Scott Gorham, Vivian Campbell and Brian Downey are going to be the replacement for Heaven and Hell

That sound you just heard was a certain grave in Sutton doing a 360 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

RayCon wrote: »
    There's a horrible rumour doing the rounds that a new version of Thin Lizzy featuring Marco Mendoza, Ricky Warwick, Darren Wharton, Scott Gorham, Vivian Campbell and Brian Downey are going to be the replacement for Heaven and Hell

That sound you just heard was a certain grave in Sutton doing a 360 :mad:

Not a chance. I know for certain that line up will not happen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'm not actually goin to this meself, but I'll tell ya who I think should get the support slot.

A band from Wicklow called Glyder.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Too Many memebers of the band

Ricky Warwick- Vocals/Guitar
    Scott Gorham- Guitar
    Vivian Campbell- Guitar
    Marco Mendoza- Bass
    Brian Downey- Drums
    Darren Wharton- Keryboards

Why cant they Slashs band to play

PTH2009 wrote: »

Scott Gorham- Guitar
    Vivian Campbell- Guitar
    Marco Mendoza- Bass
    Brian Downey- Drums

I would have thought if Gorham was trying resurrect another incarnation of Lizzy, Himself and Gary Moore would be the smartist option.. That group of guys is bordering on Guns N Roses-esque irrelevance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

I'm not actually goin to this meself, but I'll tell ya who I think should get the support slot.

Glyder are decent but it's a big ask to expect people who were expecting to see H&H to be happy with Glyder as the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

RayCon wrote: »

You're right...

that is a horrible rumour!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

fluke wrote: »
    Glyder are decent but it's a big ask to expect people who were expecting to see H&H to be happy with Glyder as the replacement.

Exactly, people want a big name support act

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not a chance. I know for certain that line up will not happen
    PTH2009 wrote: »

Scott Gorham- Guitar
    Vivian Campbell- Guitar
    Marco Mendoza- Bass
    Brian Downey- Drums

fluke wrote: »
    You're right...

that is a horrible rumour!

Sorry, i was wrong, just made a call, this indeed is the new working line up of Lizzy, They're looking at a UK/Ireland tour in January, nothing has been mentioned as yet of a Maiden support slot, too short notice apparently

Told ya lads .... I thought it was too crap to be true but apparently Ross Halfin has been taking snaps of the new line up for publication ...

Sorry man , no offence but Glyder are no subsitiute for Heaven and Hell ... that's just insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

I really wanted to see heaven and hell! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I really wanted to see heaven and hell! :(

Same here. I have seem Maiden several times but have never seen RJD live. I just hope he makes a full recovery. I thought the announcement of the tour was premature considering the man's age.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I think they should get hammer fall to support (if possible) Perfect maiden-esque sound!

The Deftones! Are they busy then?

that aint happening.

The Deftones! Are they busy then?

that aint happening.

Wow, i just read it, you're right :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Wow, i just read it, you're right :eek::eek: