Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Deftones finish their European leg on July 10th in Spain and are not back state-side till Sept 16th. Maiden start their European leg here on July 30th till August 21st...............oh pretty pleeeeeeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

--LOS-- wrote: »
    The Deftones! Are they busy then?

that aint happening.
    scudzilla wrote: »
    Wow, i just read it, you're right :eek::eek:
    --LOS-- wrote: »
    please don't disappoint me like that

I meant the part highlighted in Red :P

way to wreck my dreams freddy :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Antrim Hotels

This is going to be a great night i cannot wait

Cant wait to hear it
    "SCREAM FOR ME DUBLIN"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

My ticket arrived in the post today! This is literally the only time my tickets have arrived with more than 2 days to go to the event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TAMAMAN92

Exactly, people want a big name support act
    Glyder kicked ass at Metallica last summer,so why not this summer too!
    Great band and although they'r no H & H,Theyd warm up the crowd something feirce.

TAMAMAN92 wrote: »
    Glyder kicked ass at Metallica last summer,so why not this summer too!
    Great band and although they'r no H & H,Theyd warm up the crowd something feirce.

Exactly, they're no H&H, they're not even in the same league as them. I'd want a top support band, no offence to Glyder but they're just not 'top' enough

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

deftones that would be an outrage,not even are they in any way in the same league as h+h but maiden aswell,and i think they would be booed and heckeld which i think would only be fair :p

as for glyder,for me great band but imo they may aswell be the new lizzy
    no offence ment by the way to the band

id expect a big name up there now as im very dispointed going now .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TAMAMAN92

Exactly, they're no H&H, they're not even in the same league as them. I'd want a top support band, no offence to Glyder but they're just not 'top' enough
    I suppose your right.For 65 quid theyd want to match H & H.

Unfortunately i can't see us getting any decent sized support band, the best we can hope for is somebody like Glyder.
    IMO MCD have nearly sold out this gig, therefore they've made there money, now say for example they were paying H&H 50,000 euro to perform (purely a guess on my part there), now that H&H have cancelled they no longer have to pay that.
    They could offer Glyder 5k to play and have an extra 45k in there arse pockets, and it's all totally legal and above board.

****ty i know, but i reckon that's the way it'll play out :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Unfortunately i can't see us getting any decent sized support band, the best we can hope for is somebody like Glyder.
    IMO MCD have nearly sold out this gig, therefore they've made there money, now say for example they were paying H&H 50,000 euro to perform (purely a guess on my part there), now that H&H have cancelled they no longer have to pay that.
    They could offer Glyder 5k to play and have an extra 45k in there arse pockets, and it's all totally legal and above board.

****ty i know, but i reckon that's the way it'll play out :mad::mad:

I'm sure they'll least one band from Sonisphere over. The only seemingly compatible and available band that would be around the same tier as Heaven and Hell is Mötley Crüe, but as you say, MCD may settle with a smaller act.

If we got Anthrax, now with the news that Belladonna has rejoined the group, that would be very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

has there been any announcememnt on support yet was away the weekend and only back now

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

villains77 wrote: »
    has there been any announcememnt on support yet was away the weekend and only back now
    not yet we are all guessing so far

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Any chance Dream Theater will come to Europe too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

knowing MCD, it'll be the Blizzards.

Thoughts and prayers are with RJD and his family tonight, the great man is seriously ill in L.A, not dead as per rumours going around the interweb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

Its been confirmed by his wife Wendy on ronniejamesdio.com that he has died.
    Very sad, one of THE great rock vocalists, remember seeing him in the SFX back in the day.

RIP Ronnie

A Message From Wendy Dio5/16/2010 2:51:50 PM spacer.gif"Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever." Love, Wendy

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

wow, that's messed up. I figured his doctors had decided he needed more time to recover following the cancellations but things really must have taken a turn for the worse.

RIP RJD

That's so sad, very unexpected that it was so quick in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Ross Mc

i'm shocked that he is gone, was so looking forward to maiden but was even more happy to find out that heaven and hell were supporting, so sad now :(. gonna still be cool with maiden but even if heaven and hell get a replacement singer, isn't gonna be as good as dio

• Advertisement

I think the answer should take h & h's place, if we gonna have an irish band might as well have a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Ross Mc wrote: »
    I think the answer should take h & h's place, if we gonna have an irish band might as well have a good one

The Answer/Glyder

Then H&H replacement

Then Maiden

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

any news yet on a replacement??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Someone said to me Dream Theater are touring with them for a set period right up until like 10 days before the Dublin show. Gutted when I heard that. Seeing them live here would be a sight to behold alright.

Dream Theater are special guests to Iron Maiden on their North American leg but I don't believe they have any plans to come to Europe this summer.

I am still pretty shocked how Heaven & Hell's management booked a summer full of dates, given the seriousness of Ronnie's illness. Ronnie truly loved his fans and for the guy to have that sort of pressure on him in his last days must have been horrible.
    Somebody needs there feckin arse kicking.

I am still pretty shocked how Heaven & Hell's management booked a summer full of dates, given the seriousness of Ronnie's illness. Ronnie truly loved his fans and for the guy to have that sort of pressure on him in his last days must have been horrible.

I was wondering the same thing but surely there was a mutual agreement to go ahead with touring in the first place? Seemed like his condition took a severe turn for the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I'm sure Ronnie and the rest of the band would have agreed with it, don't you think ?

The reports were suggesting that his cancer was improving very goo.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I'm sure Ronnie and the rest of the band would have agreed with it, don't you think ?

The reports were suggesting that his cancer was improving very goo.

I think Dio himself decided to book them cause if not, would have seemed pesemistic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Are there many out there who bought tickets specifically to see H&H and who don't care too much for Maiden?

Advertisement