Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

Are there many out there who bought tickets specifically to see H&H and who don't care too much for Maiden?

I was mulling it over when the rumours of H&H cancelling were doing the rounds.
    Would have loved to have seen H&H but I never really took to Maiden so I've no interest whatsoever in going now.

Check out these "profound" lyrics from Steve Harris (age 16?)
    Not quite Ronnie James Dio is he?

There goes the siren that warns of the air raid,
    Then comes the sound of the guns sending flak.
    Out for the scramble we've got to get airborne,
    Got to get up for the coming attack.

Jump in the cockpit and start up the engines,
    Remove all the wheelblocks there's no time to waste.
    Gathering speed as we head down the runway,
    Got to get airborne before it's too late.

Running, scrambling, fire,
    Rolling, turning, diving, going in again.
    Running, scrambling, fire, Rolling, turning, diving,
    Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die.
    Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!

Move in to fire at the mainstream of bombers,
    Let off a sharp burst and then turn away.
    Roll over, spin round to come in behind them,
    Move to their blindsides and firing again.

Bandits at 8 O'clock move in behind us,
    Ten ME-109's out of the sun.
    Ascending and turning our spitfires to face them,
    Heading straight for them I press down my guns.

Rolling, turning, diving,
    Rolling, turning, diving, going in again.
    Rolling, turning, diving, Rolling, turning, diving,
    Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die.
    Won't you run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high!!!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I like Aces High :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I like Aces High :(
    Me too, thats the one with Churchill speech played just before it?

And not everything Dio wrote was magic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭furiousox

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    thats the one with Churchill speech played just before it?

Another reason I don't like it! :pac:

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Another reason I don't like it! :pac:
    Haha, Strange, that makes me like it even more! Ah well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Don't be hating on the lyrics! The silleh is why I love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I have three spare tickets to this gig, goin for face value...Standing of course.
    Any one interested PM me.
    Can post them (as tickets are in hand) or meet in town some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

all the standing tickets seem to be gone so il take one of them skinfull if you still have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

16?!?! That's pretty impressive if true. I always listened to maiden's songs and just ignored their nationalism. Some of the history is interesring but as there is none on the first two albums, which would be the only two I would listen to these days anyway, c'est ne pas un probleme.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheCrimsonClown

Really not looking forward to the inevitable booing from the crowd during The Trooper. They're an English band, they've every right to sing about their heritage. Just enjoy the music fools.

• Advertisement

Really not looking forward to the inevitable booing from the crowd during The Trooper. They're an English band, they've every right to sing about their heritage. Just enjoy the music fools.
    I just hope he doesn't bust out the butchers apron during it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Think the problem is with the Union Jack as opposed to the song itself

Roanmore wrote: »
    Think the problem is with the Union Jack as opposed to the song itself

Who the **** cares about a Union Jack during the show? If I see anyone boo them because of that they're getting a dig in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Anyone who boos the Union Jack at an Iron Maiden gig is a fool. They fly the Jack at every gig they do. It's part of who they are. Anyone can't deal with taht should go see another band instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The German's don't seem to mind when they play Churchill's speech

But anyway, i read above that all standing tickets are gone. I got one but would prefer a seated ticket so if anyone has one in a decent spot and wants to swap, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

They should wave the 1606 union jack, then nobody has to boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still no support band annoced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Probably turn up on the night and find out it's Paddy Casey (Pearl jam at The Point a few years back)

Now THAT would go down like a fart in an astronaut suit

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

scudzilla wrote: »
    Probably turn up on the night and find out it's Paddy Casey (Pearl jam at The Point a few years back)

I think I'd actually prefer a fart in an astronaut suit to seeing Paddy Casey. There's no amount of drink in the world that could block that out.

Fart in an astronaught suit lingers for what, 4 minutes tops? Casey on the other hand hangs about for well over an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Who the **** cares about a Union Jack during the show? If I see anyone boo them because of that they're getting a dig in the head.

Just to clear things up, I have no problem with the Union Jack being played during The Trooper, just remember reading an article in the paper about it the last time they played here. I've seen them twice and they were never booed it only seems to be a recent occurrence.

Roanmore wrote: »
    Just to clear things up, I have no problem with the Union Jack being played during The Trooper, just remember reading an article in the paper about it the last time they played here. I've seen them twice and they were never booed it only seems to be a recent occurrence.

Ah I didn't mean you did man! I just hope the Irish have moved passed all the **** that's occurred between us and the British the past few hundred years and I'm sure the majority of us have. Roll on July! :D

I'm trying to remember back to 1990 and 1993, did Bruce wave at Union Jack at the Point at those gigs? I know in the SFX in 1996 Blaze didn't have one but a UJ image was shone onto the backdrop during the Trooper and there were boos then. I suppose there were only about 12 of us in the audience that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I'm trying to remember back to 1990 and 1993, did Bruce wave at Union Jack at the Point at those gigs? I know in the SFX in 1996 Blaze didn't have one but a UJ image was shone onto the backdrop during the Trooper and there were boos then. I suppose there were only about 12 of us in the audience that night!

90 & 93, no...but there was a big Eddie backdrop with the flag (there was in 1990 anyway). I didn't hear any booing, nor did I hear it in 1996 either.

Mind you, there probably weren't enough people there to boo in 1996! ;)

Personally I would rather not see it, but I'm not gonna boo it or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

DingChavez wrote: »
    They should wave the 1606 union jack, then nobody has to boo.

You think the intelligentsia that boo at the flag would recognise the 1606 version?

peter1892 wrote: »
    90 & 93, no...but there was a big Eddie backdrop with the flag (there was in 1990 anyway). I didn't hear any booing, nor did I hear it in 1996 either.

Mind you, there probably weren't enough people there to boo in 1996! ;)

Sorry, i meant to say they were NO boos in 1996. Just read back my last post and spotted that the 'no' was missing. Bit of an important word to have left out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »

like I told ya Scud - I'm not expecting anything from MCD until coming close to the gig......and then it will probably just be a no name band........
    of course I could be wrong - but I'd be surprised to be honest, it's happened many times before....

I saw them at the point about 8 years ago. They waved the jack during The Trooper. There was some booing alright, but it seemed to be a minority (of muppets).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

NIBBS wrote: »
    like I told ya Scud - I'm not expecting anything from MCD until coming close to the gig......and then it will probably just be a no name band........
    of course I could be wrong - but I'd be surprised to be honest, it's happened many times before....

agreed .... there's no incentive for MCD to get a "big name" replacement for Heaven & hell as the gig is almost sold out anyway ....

Advertisement