Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden/Heaven and Hell/ O2 Dublin July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

scudzilla wrote: »
    Unfortunately i can't see us getting any decent sized support band, the best we can hope for is somebody like Glyder.
    IMO MCD have nearly sold out this gig, therefore they've made there money, now say for example they were paying H&H 50,000 euro to perform (purely a guess on my part there), now that H&H have cancelled they no longer have to pay that.
    They could offer Glyder 5k to play and have an extra 45k in there arse pockets, and it's all totally legal and above board.

****ty i know, but i reckon that's the way it'll play out :mad::mad:
    RayCon wrote: »
    agreed .... there's no incentive for MCD to get a "big name" replacement for Heaven & hell as the gig is almost sold out anyway ....

Yeah, exactly like i said weeks ago, Shiitty i know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,467 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is that why they got paramore to support green day in marlay because it was selling so poorly but what about last year for Metallica in Marlay Park they had a host of support acts.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is that why they got paramore to support green day in marlay because it was selling so poorly but what about last year for Metallica in Marlay Park they had a host of support acts.

And they needed them, because Metallica had played Marlay less than 12 months earlier and they didn't sell out any of the 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

And with Metallica last year, 3 of the bands of the announced line-up didn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

f**king ridiculous booing at a flag how childish

why not boo maiden there english !!!! it s part of the song about their troops ,their not waving it to antaganize people as someone said up their any booers should recive a dig in the head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The tour starts next week and as Maiden usually stick with the same set, we'll know what songs they'll be playing at the Point. Maybe they won't play the Trooper and the flag mightn't be an issue!! (btw, my 2 cents - I was embarassed when they booed the last few times).

Anyway, back to the set - will you take a peak at it or do you like being surprised on the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Anyway, back to the set - will you take a peak at it or do you like being surprised on the night?

I'll have a look - it'll be pretty well publicised anyway, through tour diaries on the IM site, different news sites etc. Almost impossible to avoid really.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

scudzilla wrote: »
    And they needed them, because Metallica had played Marlay less than 12 months earlier and they didn't sell out any of the 2.
    its extremely hard to sell out marly park, if they sell 50 000 tickets they make it big enough for 50 000, if they sell 500 000 they do the same
    And with Metallica last year, 3 of the bands of the announced line-up didn't play.
    1 band didnt play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

1 band didnt play

He was actually right to say 3 of the announced bands didnt play. Lamb of God and The Sword pulled out and Thin Lizzy were replaced by Glyder

grimm2005 wrote: »
    He was actually right to say 3 of the announced bands didnt play. Lamb of God and The Sword pulled out and Thin Lizzy were replaced by Glyder

Were Lamb of God ever really on the bill? It was only MCD who said they were, not even LoG said they were playin the gig.

• Advertisement

grimm2005 wrote: »
    lamb of god are banned from ireland and sorry i forgot about the sword

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

lamb of god are banned from ireland and sorry i forgot about the sword

AFAIK Lamb of God played last year around the same time as the Priest Feast. Why would a band in this day and age be banned from a country like ours?

Nea wrote: »
    AFAIK Lamb of God played last year around the same time as the Priest Feast. Why would a band in this day and age be banned from a country like ours?
    there are a lot ofthem banned in ireland, slipknot and rammstein for exaple, but both of their ban's are up this year i think

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

there are a lot ofthem banned in ireland, slipknot and rammstein for exaple, but both of their ban's are up this year i think

When were Slipknot or Rammstein banned?

Mushy wrote: »
    When were Slipknot or Rammstein banned?
    after someone got trampled at a slipknot gig and after rammstein hit someone in the crowd with a firework

Sorry, but that post is the biggest crock of crap i've read in this forum.....ever

Can I ask which governing body are responsible for banning all these so called bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I've heard stuff go around about Slipknot and Rammstein being banned too but I doubt it's true. I could care less if it was though, I don't like either of them. :pac:

Purple Monkey Dishwasher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Nea wrote: »
    Purple Monkey Dishwasher

I concur.

Now back to more meaningless speculation as to who Iron Maiden's support will be on the day. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Now back to more meaningless speculation as to who Iron Maiden's support will be on the day. :p

The Blizzards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

f**king ridiculous booing at a flag how childish

why not boo maiden there english !!!! it s part of the song about their troops ,their not waving it to antaganize people as someone said up their any booers should recive a dig in the head

I completely agree.

But I've thought for a while that if maiden used the flag of the country the concert was in, that they'd get a huge buzz from the crowd. I know it wouldn't be historically accurate but it would get the crowd anywhere going mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Anyone who boos can expect me to pee against their leg.
    And I'll be doing a lot of drinking so beware. :p

zz top are roumered to support

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

zz top are roumered to support

where did you hear this?

I'm not really a fan but i suppose i wouldn't complain. Would be a lot better than the toss that MCD are likely ready to get in at the last minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

ZZ wouldnt be too bad I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    ZZ wouldnt be too bad I suppose.

Especially if they played their earlier bluesy type of stuff (unlikely I know - people want Legs, Gimme all your lovin etc.)

Complete and utter bollox, ZZ are playin in Oklahoma on 31st July

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cos I've been introduced to them lately, and I'm loving them, and they are in europe the same weekend heaven and hell were, clutch would be a great band to add to the bill. Or one or two bands from High Voltage festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

http://www.state.ie/2010/06/news/new-iron-maiden-track-and-album-details/

New Maiden song streaming here and available for download on their site.
    pretty good

http://www.ironmaiden.com/

Advertisement