Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA World Cup 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Miguele1

i have played this demo and i like it.. graphic is much better than FIFA10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Can't really remember 09 too well at this stage, but I know I was happy with 10 and the improvements it brought with it. Really looking forward to this World Cup game now.

In what way do you think 10 went backwards??

10 broke the goalies, stupid running from the line without any prompt. hence new "manual" chip :rolleyes:
    AI is even more stupid than ever, no natural AI runs from wing backs etc, crazy defending as well. atttacking requires a lot of one-twos, more than before.
    Shooting has got a bit worse too and finesse shooting has got too important.
    Graphics in 10 are actually a lot worse than 09. thankfully, the world cup game looks great.

BUT-10 did fix some things too, speed isnt as important in 10 and long ball passing and crossing is much improved. the 360 movement also improves things, especially for the world class players like messi etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea the manual chip thing is just too easy. Its like cheating. And it can be very hard to counter act at times. Hopefully thats fixed in the world cup game. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Hope it doesn't let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yea the manual chip thing is just too easy. Its like cheating. And it can be very hard to counter act at times. Hopefully thats fixed in the world cup game. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Hope it doesn't let me down.

Seems like it is from the demo and I read the developers saying they've stopped AI keepers running off their lines so much

Really looking forward to this since i traded in 10 a few weeks back, i'm hoping for one major difference.

This ''momentum'' crap better be gone and i'd bet my house it is, IMO it's linked to the Adidas Live Season and has been there only the past two years. I'm talking about when after a goal or random moment, your players(not all as well) start to play terrible, can't pass, miss sitters, get harder (and slower) to control, can't win tackles(ball goes to another opposition player).

There was a LOT of talk about this since last year on the official forum, with EA denying it exists and when your players fall apart it's down to you alone(doesn't explain how the passing goes to **** as you have no real control over that anyway), but it's pretty clear when it does go against you, and for you too.

IMO it's linked to ALS, this code is already incorperated into the game where your players can play better or worse, use a player with full green boost and try him with full red and you'll see the difference, it's like at a point through the game it alters..... the WC game won't have LS in it, the first time since Euro 08 so i expect that problem to have disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Is Trap modelled ingame? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

He better be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Is Trap modelled ingame? :)

Yes he is. He looks pretty good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

bevan619 wrote: »
    Yes he is. He looks pretty good :P

Wait, how do you know? Do you already have it? Where did u get it this early??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

is this out friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Yeah, it's out this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

I hope Tesco do a deal. Not paying full whack for it. Any screens or vids of Trap ingame?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I hope Tesco do a deal. Not paying full whack for it. Any screens or vids of Trap ingame?

Probs only be coaches of World Cup qualified teams that are in it. Doubt every coach will be in it, with Estonia, and Afghanistan and the likes!

mystic86 wrote: »
    Wait, how do you know? Do you already have it? Where did u get it this early??

Yeah I have it. I won the cup in about 2 hours :D I have my sources...

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Probs only be coaches of World Cup qualified teams that are in it. Doubt every coach will be in it, with Estonia, and Afghanistan and the likes!

Trap is in it!

HMV for games these days, all the last few AAA games have been E45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

This ''momentum'' crap better be gone.

Am I alone for liking this? It makes it feel a bit more realistic. I like that you can build up a head of steam when playing well or that you have to deal with a team that falls to bits at other times.

Edit: Downloaded the demo for WC2010, I thought it was too fast at first compared to FIFA 10. Tried it at a slower paced game though and really enjoyed it. I just want to see that gold trophy in Robbie's hands!

Be good to get a tournament going, i assume the game will feature a proper online set up.
    Even just with 16 players, or maybe even 8(semis and a final) would work. It would eliminate the potential for quitters ruining it, as when someones out of contention it would be too late for them to effect the overall running of the cup.
    Also gives people something to play for in every game and could be played in one night.

Many getting this on the PS3 up for trying to organise some tournaments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

yeah does anyone know if Tesco will be selling it for 30 or 35 euro? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

....rather, does anyone in Waterford know if it's gettin released a day early?! :P Harvey Normans sometimes do that sort of thing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Am I alone for liking this? It makes it feel a bit more realistic. I like that you can build up a head of steam when playing well or that you have to deal with a team that falls to bits at other times.

Edit: Downloaded the demo for WC2010, I thought it was too fast at first compared to FIFA 10. Tried it at a slower paced game though and really enjoyed it. I just want to see that gold trophy in Robbie's hands!

Id say so! That momentum **** is one of the biggest things wrong with fifa 10. There are some things in football that just dont work or shouldnt be in a computer game and thats one of them.

It punishes the player for no reason and more often than not Fifa 10 will usually side with the bigger team or the team that has live season. Its awful.

Same with having the ball hit the ref. It happens in real life but why put it in the game? Its stupid.

Fifa 09 was a better game for not having that momentum bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

gamercfc wrote: »
    ....rather, does anyone in Waterford know if it's gettin released a day early?! :P Harvey Normans sometimes do that sort of thing ;)

Smyths usually sell a new game the night before it's out, I'm gonna chance it there anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

usually xtra-vision is the place to be for early releases, got fifa 10 there on the thurs evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

Its in stock on the smyths website.

Might try there in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone know where the best price is?
    Gamestop William St have it down for 49.99 pre release :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone know if it's been released tonight???

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Gaeldor68

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's been released tonight???
    Xtra-vision told me no:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

got it in harvey normans earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

joe123 wrote: »
    having the ball hit the ref. It happens in real life but why put it in the game? Its stupid.

you forgot the repercussions, or why its daft - that it can happen a lot in WC2010.

on one such occasion my goalie threw the ball out to a man in the centre circle - ref was advancing into its path, but realized and stopped - great.. but the ball was sailing past him at chest height n he thought it was going to hit him n ducked - or rather stooped to cushion a header to an opponent. at least if it were a real game thats the only way it would've been perceived - bung.

anyways.. roll on tomorrow. here's hoping. that it don't get binned after 2wk like FIFA10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

The demo was very good looking forward to this. Dont know whether people will keep playing the world cup game till fifa 11 or go back to fifa 10??? I cant see myself playing fifa 10 again.

Advertisement