Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA World Cup 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I got it in smyths tonight, only getting a chance to put it on in a few mins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

How much did ye pay for it?? ;)

:D

I've played it for the last 3 hours and I have to say it's great, the online World Cup mode is good fun. Got as far as the semi final online with Ireland and wouldn't you know it, someone playing as France knocked me out from a shady Terry Henry goal :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Stupid LC, leaving buying this until after it. Took serious willpower!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Wheres the cheapest place to pick this up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Like Shzm said, cheapest place?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

Does anyone know if you can download this game with microsoft points?? i have about 3100 points so if i can download it will just buy a few more and get it! thanks!!

I wouldn't imagine it'll be on games on demand when it's only out today. Or if it ever will be on it really. They tend to have a lot of classics on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Cheapest place to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Xtravision €49.99 + free ball
    Gamestop €49.99
    Smyths €49.99
    Game €44.99
    HMV €44.99

Prices are for both Xbox 360 and PS3.
    Don't know about Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Smyths has 10% off with a loyalty card to make it €44.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Got it today in HMV, absolutely loving it so far. I took 10 mins to master penalties at the start and I would HIGHLY reccommend you all do the same, the peno system is brilliant, really brings the fun back into the previously monotonous penalty shootouts.

Started an online World Cup with Thailand (trying to win it with a team from 1,2,3,4 and 5 stars) and beat Estonia 3-1 in my first group game.

Loving the Captain Your Country mode, and the full qualification is awesome too.

Yeah so basically, I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

The Graphics have been well polished up on this. You can see the sweat on the players faces during the cut scenes. Its also harder to score the manual chips which is a bonus!

Keepers are more intelligent during gameplay and during the penalties. Had my 1st penalty shootout with a mate before practicing them. The keepers use their legs to save aswell. We took 12 penos and only got 2 on target. And I won 1-0...haha...gas. Practice them.

Trappatoni getting very animated on the sideline is quality.

Gonna try Faroe Islands and see if Kerr is in it!!

Happy gaming!!

Quite possibly for pre-orders only but....

I was advised in 'Gamestop'' to hold onto my receipt as if France win the WC i'll get the E30 balance i paid, back in credit(had E20 paid off from last week)

I doubt its for all sales(at least with a pre-order like mine with E20 paid off they don't lose full value if France do win the WC) but a nice touch all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Some please put up pics of in game Trap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Got it for xbox earlier. Its excellent. Gameplay is very smooth and graphics are alot better then FIFA10.
    Add me for a few games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Great game I must say, though I did notice a few bugs for the PS3 version:

-The music at the beginning when the EA logo is shown tends to skip a lot. Maybe that's just my PS3 or my disc, but can't be to sure.

- Trappatoni's hair colour changed a few times for a match! For a game against Cyprus it was black.

- Practising penalties, I hit the crossbar, went in, but the goal didn't count.

Hopefully with an update these might be fixed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Finally got my hands on it. Can't wait to get playing. I'll posy back later after I can comment. Great to see so many good responses so far though. Really looking forward to winning the world cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Has anybody tried Battle of the Nations??? Ireland has only won 2 world cups so far and are 24th in the world. Im in the quarters at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Larkin91 wrote: »
    Great game I must say, though I did notice a few bugs for the PS3 version:

-The music at the beginning when the EA logo is shown tends to skip a lot. Maybe that's just my PS3 or my disc, but can't be to sure.

- Trappatoni's hair colour changed a few times for a match! For a game against Cyprus it was black.

- Practising penalties, I hit the crossbar, went in, but the goal didn't count.

Hopefully with an update these might be fixed. :D

I found another one, and its so frustratin...

When i finish an online match (ranked, unranked, anythin) after it takes me back to the menu, I go to select a game mode and then i'm stuck looking at the background, nothing else comes up.
    I'm forced to go back to the dashboard and start the game up again to get it workin.

Has anyone else had this problem after finishing an online match?

(PS: Maybe it wasn't Trapattoni, could've been the Cyprus manager Angelos Anastasiadis :P )

• Advertisement

Has anybody tried Battle of the Nations??? Ireland has only won 2 world cups so far and are 24th in the world. Im in the quarters at the moment.

Ya.... winner of our 3rd cup right here :cool::cool:......:D

I've been unlucky in most, in my first i got to the 1/4's with Eire, KO'd in group stages with France, Won with Brazil and i'm currently on my 4th play with Holland and guaranteed a second round place with a draw in my last game.

I'd be interested to know how it works. Is the order your playing the players the same for them(game 1,2,3), is the score from your second games opponent actually from his first game, and are your final opponents previous two games correct as per them(leaving a group with only two ''real'' players with proper games played and not simulated)

I'd say from the second round on though it's proper(someone actually in that specific round too) as with the prospect of ET your oppenent would have to be at least in the latter stages too, wouldnt have to be the same round till the final though as its only speech that's different to that point.

Although when i won it, the display in the top right corner to show a player wants to skip a cut scene was there( 1/2 [] ) like i was keeping the other person waiting(meaning it was an actual final for him too) while i watched the 2/3 min cut-scene after winning the final

Curious to know how it works, but a wonderful addition all the same(i think Euro only had a KO section) makes a nice change from the ranked games.
    Nice to see they've changed Ranked too, it composes of 10 grouped games now with points awarded for wins/draws, 16points to progress a division

Finding it hard to adjust.... seems VERY slow in comparison to 10, players get the ball taken off them a lot as its harder to turn quick, so games tend to be scrappy at points, but it's very good all the same.... much different then 10 and i prefer it.

Crosses have been brought on again. They improved the crosses in 10 but not the heading, they've sorted that now.

Great the way you can take it in your stride too and don't slow down as much

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Anyone know if you can play 2 v 2 online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Ya.... winner of our 3rd cup right here :cool::cool:......:D

I've been unlucky in most, in my first i got to the 1/4's with Eire, KO'd in group stages with France, Won with Brazil and i'm currently on my 4th play with Holland and guaranteed a second round place with a draw in my last game.

I'd be interested to know how it works. Is the order your playing the players the same for them(game 1,2,3), is the score from your second games opponent actually from his first game, and are your final opponents previous two games correct as per them(leaving a group with only two ''real'' players with proper games played and not simulated)

I'd say from the second round on though it's proper(someone actually in that specific round too) as with the prospect of ET your oppenent would have to be at least in the latter stages too, wouldnt have to be the same round till the final though as its only speech that's different to that point.

Although when i won it, the display in the top right corner to show a player wants to skip a cut scene was there( 1/2 [] ) like i was keeping the other person waiting(meaning it was an actual final for him too) while i watched the 2/3 min cut-scene after winning the final

Curious to know how it works, but a wonderful addition all the same(i think Euro only had a KO section) makes a nice change from the ranked games.
    Nice to see they've changed Ranked too, it composes of 10 grouped games now with points awarded for wins/draws, 16points to progress a division

Finding it hard to adjust.... seems VERY slow in comparison to 10, players get the ball taken off them a lot as its harder to turn quick, so games tend to be scrappy at points, but it's very good all the same.... much different then 10 and i prefer it.

Crosses have been brought on again. They improved the crosses in 10 but not the heading, they've sorted that now.

Great the way you can take it in your stride too and don't slow down as much
    Yeah I was wondering about all those things myself. Be great if the person you play in the final are also in there final.
    Question, if you win it with Holland does it count towards Hollands or does it go with Ireland????????:confused:
    The ranked system now is much better. I just hope they keep it for Fifa 11.
    Main thing with the gameplay is I think the shooting is slightly easier.

Yeah I was wondering about all those things myself. Be great if the person you play in the final are also in there final.
    Question, if you win it with Holland does it count towards Hollands or does it go with Ireland????????:confused:
    The ranked system now is much better. I just hope they keep it for Fifa 11.
    Main thing with the gameplay is I think the shooting is slightly easier.

I think the final is anyway. In the groups none have to be the same as they can be manipulated to making match ups easier.

From the second round to the semis the only difference is the commentary so again here it wouldnt matter, although you defo aren't playing someone who's in a group game as ET is possible.

But the final has different cut scenes at the end and i watched that while it showed in the corner my opponent voted to skip it.

Anyone finding it very slow?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

They are in the final.

Basically the way it works is the team you play in the second round as also come out of the group stages. The team you play in the quarter finals has won their second round game.

So the person you play in the final is also in a final too. Always means you'll have great games as you aren't playing people who are going to quit quickly. Love this format. Haven't got the game yet though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Goal kicks are terrible, especially online when you can rarely take a short kick-out to the nearest defender because he's shadowed. You should be able to call any of the back 4 for short kick-outs.

Players should be able to receive the ball across their bodies more instead of having to turn like an artic.

Defending is schoolboy at best.

I saw an interesting 4-1-5 tactic online. It worked fairly well, the defenders stay deep and when not in possession the strikers are effectively midfielders.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ccfcian

Just wondering has this happened to anyone else. I started a world cup with Germany, just the world cup itself, no qualifiers. After the first group game two of my players were injured in training, both starting centre backs, and they missed three games. I didn't win the world cup with Germany so i started another one with Holland and the same thing happened after the first group game, i got a message to say my two starting centre backs were injured in training and they would be out for three games. I'm wondering is this just a coincidence or is it something they have put in to the game. Has this happened to anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Alan Smithee

Trap should fire his barber for the black hair do alright. also damien duff's hair keeps switching colour in game while playing out wide on the near touchline on camera angle dynamic 2 very odd indeed :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Happened to me too, Traps hair was jet black aswell as McShames

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Trap should fire his barber for the black hair do alright. also damien duff's hair keeps switching colour in game while playing out wide on the near touchline on camera angle dynamic 2 very odd indeed :confused:

I persume this is a bug?funny all the same :D having black hair wont make you look any younger trap :D

Advertisement