Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA World Cup 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

I got this yesterday and have to say, it really is a cracking game. Personally, I feel the gameplay is much better in this than in FIFA 10, and if EA are going to base FIFA 11 on this, then it's something to really look forward to.

Anyway, about this Online World Cup mode. It's a superb mode IMO, something different and very enjoyable. I have a question about this 'Battle of The Nations' (BOTN) thing though, that I can't seem to find the answers to online.

When it asked me who I supported, I chose Ireland. I know that means that points I win during the Online World Cup are allocated to Ireland on the BOTN, but does that only happen if I choose Ireland as the team I want to play as? Or since I chose Ireland as my nation, will Ireland still get points on BOTN even if I win the Online World Cup as Spain?

I've tried the Online World Cup mode a decent amount of times now, all times picking Ireland. The thing is though, it seems that 95% of the people I play have picked one of the best teams (Spain, Brazil, etc) and it gets very difficult to do well in the Online World Cup for me. I've gotten to the QF once, but other that than keep bowing out to a 5 star side in the Last 16. Very frustrating, considering I prefer to play even games with other teams than just 5 star, it's just unfortunate that only 5% of the people I play feel the same.

Like I said though, it's a cracking game, and really has me in the mode for the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I managed to win the online WC with Wales. I beat some of the top teams like Germany, France & England to get there. Craig Bellamy bit of a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just played my first proper game there.. loving it. It feels much smoother than Fifa 10. Was in two minds about getting it, but only cost me 22 bob and fifa 10 in Game, glad I got it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I got this yesterday and have to say, it really is a cracking game. Personally, I feel the gameplay is much better in this than in FIFA 10, and if EA are going to base FIFA 11 on this, then it's something to really look forward to.

Anyway, about this Online World Cup mode. It's a superb mode IMO, something different and very enjoyable. I have a question about this 'Battle of The Nations' (BOTN) thing though, that I can't seem to find the answers to online.

When it asked me who I supported, I chose Ireland. I know that means that points I win during the Online World Cup are allocated to Ireland on the BOTN, but does that only happen if I choose Ireland as the team I want to play as? Or since I chose Ireland as my nation, will Ireland still get points on BOTN even if I win the Online World Cup as Spain?

I've tried the Online World Cup mode a decent amount of times now, all times picking Ireland. The thing is though, it seems that 95% of the people I play have picked one of the best teams (Spain, Brazil, etc) and it gets very difficult to do well in the Online World Cup for me. I've gotten to the QF once, but other that than keep bowing out to a 5 star side in the Last 16. Very frustrating, considering I prefer to play even games with other teams than just 5 star, it's just unfortunate that only 5% of the people I play feel the same.

Like I said though, it's a cracking game, and really has me in the mode for the World Cup.
    I thought this aswell but no the reason why it asks you who you support is so when you win with any country it allocates the points to Ireland so you can pick any country and if you win it goes towards Irelands points for Battle of the Nations.
    It would be unfair for all the smaller nations if they had to play with their own country to get points for there country and Spain England etc would win it by miles.

Well you get more points for winning games with a lower team.

You get 5 points for a group win and 10 for a KO win with a 5 star team. For a 4 star its around 15/30 points etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Wheres the cheapest place this is getting sold? Also do people still have access to custom tactics and can it be exploited?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The gameplay is much better I have to say.

I would like to get it but I won't pay full price for a fifa10 version 1.5 to be honest. I'll mirror joe and ask whats the cheapest it gone be bought for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I read that there are 8 new celebrations that can be unlocked through Coca Cola and EA 'channels'... anyone know any more about this? Are there promotional codes on Coke cans or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

UGSIMLBHLFPUBFJY

LHEHJZTPYYQDJQXB

TWVBIXYACAOLGOWO

DBQDUXQTRWTVXYDC

KBRRWKUIRSTWUJQW

MIKAKPUMEEWNTQVE

DVMNJPBTLHJZGECP

VNDWDUDLMGRNHDNV

They are the Coca Cola unlock codes. Enjoy. Also, this code unlocks the Adidas 11:

WSBJPJYODFYQIIGK

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

The online world cup is brilliant in this. Really adds an extra dimension to online Fifa!! Have also had the shoe polished Trap on the sideline. Quite funny looking alright. Anyone played the same team that you picked in the online world cup? Happened to me yesterday. That needs to be sorted out in a patch no doubt. All in all a great addition to my games collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yet another post about the greatness of the Online World Cup.

I decided to start as Thailand (1 star) for the laugh, best decision ever, as I won all 3 group games and am now in the knockouts.

Beat Slovakia 3-1 in the first game, beat Estonia 6-2 in the second and just beat Mexico 3-1 to progress.

The Mexico game was my favourite, because it was really tough, I went 1-0 through an absolute crack from Chikamadee in the 1st min, but he equallised in the 15th, then it went back and forth, before I had a free kick in the 90th, all my players are too **** to score from frees so I tried a little routine and scored, amazing. I then countered to make it 3-1, so so much fun.

Only problem is that 90% of players use England. They are totally missing the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Do you come across many custom formations in this? Can you still stick your entire team in your own half if you want? Also is the keeper standing off their lines fixed?

And again any places selling this cheap??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

joe123 wrote: »
    Do you come across many custom formations in this? Can you still stick your entire team in your own half if you want? Also is the keeper standing off their lines fixed?

And again any places selling this cheap??

the keepers in this put fifa 10 to shame, they are 10x better. makes me wonder why the messed up fifa 10 so much. loving this game so much more than fifa 10, cant get enough of online world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Custom formations can be made the same as in Fifa 10. Keepers stay on their line way more in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Kirby wrote: »
    The gameplay is much better I have to say.

I would like to get it but I won't pay full price for a fifa10 version 1.5 to be honest. I'll mirror joe and ask whats the cheapest it gone be bought for?
    moz wrote: »
    Xtravision €49.99 + free ball
    Gamestop €49.99
    Smyths €49.99
    Game €44.99
    HMV €44.99

Prices are for both Xbox 360 and PS3.
    Don't know about Tesco.

6-4 down in the QF..Guy loses his connection..Hello Semi Final :D..Cruel but i dont give a flying f.....

Cant believe of all teams to lose to in the final i lost to france..with a french fecker with his mic commentating..bastard..so much for this :(

Ranked 8th in Ireland..Only other i know is Lamps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I too am loving the online world cup mode, it's quite addictive. Especially so when it can come down to goal difference etc, really affects how I approach each game. Do I go for broke knowing I need to hammer someone, or take to cautious approach and possibly get hammered myself.

Just a tip for those of you who might not be aware, when you're matched with somebody who's England/France/Brazil etc just back out of the game before you begin and re-select play match until you get a team thats not 5*. Can take a few minutes but worth it if ya want to make it a more realistic experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Well guys Simple question ,i love FIFA10,is this game worth my 40 bucks??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Srooney03 wrote: »

If you love FIFA10 don't get this game!

I got it last Friday and have been playing it most of the time since and I love it. The gameplay, the online modes and the graphics are all far superior IMO.
    So much so that I find FIFA10 to be slow and tedious now. I played a league game last night and couldn't wait to get it finished so I didn't have to play FIFA10 anymore.

Don't know where you will get it for 40 bucks mate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Its definintaly worth the money, its a great game to be honest. if you have no money we are giving away a copy of it over on the site.

I was thinking at first it was just an update with world cup teams added, but the fact you can play the qualifiers etc is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

The scenarios are great aswell
    The WC MP is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Picked it up today and so far impressed, penos are sh!t hard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Dunny! wrote: »
    Picked it up today and so far impressed, penos are sh!t hard though.

its fair funny the amount of people who keep missing pens against me online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The first thing I did was take 5mins to master pens. I find them really easy now. Cant remember last time I missed one other than a shootout.

mailrewop wrote: »
    its fair funny the amount of people who keep missing pens against me online.

Haha ye i had one in my world cup final last night..was ****ting it as i only got the game that day and hadent taken one with the new system..turns out my opponent hadent either..think i only won it like 1 -0 or somethig after like 10 penos lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Srooney03 wrote: »

Like moz says, if you love Fifa 10 don't bother. Personally I was getting sick of that game so this was a nice little change of pace for me to last till Fifa 11 comes out.

I'm loving the commentary, way better than 10's, gameplay has been nicely tweaked and it's definitely a prettier looking game. I'd highly recommend a rent, give the online and offline world cup modes a go and it'll probably suck you in like it has me. Online world cup is simply awesome:D

I too am loving the online world cup mode, it's quite addictive. Especially so when it can come down to goal difference etc, really affects how I approach each game. Do I go for broke knowing I need to hammer someone, or take to cautious approach and possibly get hammered myself.

Just a tip for those of you who might not be aware, when you're matched with somebody who's England/France/Brazil etc just back out of the game before you begin and re-select play match until you get a team thats not 5*. Can take a few minutes but worth it if ya want to make it a more realistic experience.

Yup started coping onto this myself..You do eventually get people who actually play their country and not feckers as england spain etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

what kind of trade in woukd you get on fifa 10 anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

bennyc wrote: »
    what kind of trade in woukd you get on fifa 10 anyone know ?

I got 22.50 for fifa 10 on ps3 in game last week.

• Advertisement

One thing ive learned so far is do not be afraid oGermany..They are rubbish..all ya gotta do is be cautious of the 2 forwards who have a bit of pace

Advertisement