Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA World Cup 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Just played my first Online World Cup with Cote d'Ivoire and won it. So I'm undefeated online :D I have to say I think it plays a more realistic game of football than FIFA 10. Pace-w*nkers can't beat you if they can't pass and move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

RichTea wrote: »
    Just played my first Online World Cup with Cote d'Ivoire and won it. So I'm undefeated online :D I have to say I think it plays a more realistic game of football than FIFA 10. Pace-w*nkers can't beat you if they can't pass and move.

Nice..check the leader boards..wouldnt be surprized if you were top 10 in ireland already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think the Online mode is slowly getting dominated by England users lol When i got matched up with an England user, i backed out becoz England are just unstoppable in this game. It's annoying that the first team i play in the last 16 is always England

England England England it's ridiculous lol What's the big deal with England this year anyway??

I ave a friend who was tryin to match up with someone who used someone other than England, and i think he got England like 12 or more times in a row

gamercfc wrote: »
    I think the Online mode is slowly getting dominated by England users lol When i got matched up with an England user, i backed out becoz England are just unstoppable in this game. It's annoying that the first team i play in the last 16 is always England

England England England it's ridiculous lol What's the big deal with England this year anyway??

I ave a friend who was tryin to match up with someone who used someone other than England, and i think he got England like 12 or more times in a row

Ye always back out too.Its just cause of all the pace they have..A.Cole,Johnson,Lennon,Walcott, Young Agbonlahor,Rooney,Bent,Defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Soby wrote: »
    Ye always back out too.Its just cause of all the pace they have..A.Cole,Johnson,Lennon,Walcott, Young Agbonlahor,Rooney,Bent,Defoe

I was Scotland, and i actually tried sooo hard against England, 50th minute formation changed i tried puttin 3 up front with the Offensive up and i just couldn't break the defence for the life of me. Today i got a lucky goal, chipping it to Kenny Miller and volleying it with the left foot over the keeper and in the back of the net, only to lose 3-1 by Defoe scoring two passes into the net and Rooney scoring a free kick outside the box.

Scotland are actually horrible in WC2010 though lol they weren't too bad on Fifa 10/Fifa 09/Euro 2008 but theyre just cat on this lol

• Advertisement

strange how they are top of the battle of the nations so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

England are outrageously overpowered, whatever about Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard going forward, Ferdinand and Terry are just rediculous, you cant go past them, cant go through them and they cant be beaten in the air, not to mention they could be the fastest players in the game.

Im Thailand at the moment, so I wont play England or Spain... I think ive been matched against England and Spain the last 15 times in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

When someone quits in ranked games or WC online, do you get the win?

Rooney10 wrote: »
    When someone quits in ranked games or WC online, do you get the win?

Yes you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yes you do.

Excellent. I absolutely hated that about ultimate team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Nigeria are a superb 4* team on this like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

dont suppose we would have enough for a Boards World Cup? would be cool, id prob get the game if we had a chance of a boards league or cup.

LT + Y as a celebration..its stupidly funny lol..looks sore though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    dont suppose we would have enough for a Boards World Cup? would be cool, id prob get the game if we had a chance of a boards league or cup.

Sounds like a great idea. Count me in for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

would be awesome if we had 32 boards players for a Boards WC but thats probably more than a bit unrealistic, especially with only half of the fifa 10 players actually buying the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

mystic86 wrote: »
    UGSIMLBHLFPUBFJY

LHEHJZTPYYQDJQXB

TWVBIXYACAOLGOWO

DBQDUXQTRWTVXYDC

KBRRWKUIRSTWUJQW

MIKAKPUMEEWNTQVE

DVMNJPBTLHJZGECP

VNDWDUDLMGRNHDNV

They are the Coca Cola unlock codes. Enjoy. Also, this code unlocks the Adidas 11:

WSBJPJYODFYQIIGK

How, or where, do you put these in mate? Cheers for them by the way :D

Some where in the main menu..think its settings or something

Complete arseholes picking the top teams..lost the final to spain after all my hard work to get there..fecking guy was scottish!

Complete arseholes picking the top teams..lost the final to spain after all my hard work to get there..fecking guy was scottish!

Feels class when you beat them with some farty little team and they get p-ed off with an early exit :D

Nigeria are a superb 4* team on this like.

They're good. Check out Mexico, somehow they're only 3 and a half stars. Talented wingers and Franco, Castro and Blanco are good enough to knock it around the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

I'm loving Serbia + Zigic atm. Unstoppable.

I'm selling the game on adverts if anyone's interested.

http://adverts.ie/220529

Tell me about it, I played a Scottish guy who picked Scotland last night, I was Thailand and it was the knockout stages.

I won 4-2 and got a message saying:

"What did u do to your xbox, hack it or something? Thailand players faster than Brazilians, your a cheat and im reporting u to Xbox"

:rolleyes:

Tell me about it, I played a Scottish guy who picked Scotland last night, I was Thailand and it was the knockout stages.

I won 4-2 and got a message saying:

"What did u do to your xbox, hack it or something? Thailand players faster than Brazilians, your a cheat and im reporting u to Xbox"

:rolleyes:

:pac: That's brilliant.

One team that isn't good in Online World Cup - Ghana. Decent build-up play with Muntari, Essien etc. Can NOT score with them. Had 25+ shots between two games and didn't score in either.

Here are my tips for the best weak teams to use online:

1*: Thailand - Very very quick for a 1 star team, good attackers in Chiakmdee and Winothai and a solid midfield too. Very enjoyable.
    2*: Jamaica - These guys are great fun to play with, use Ricardo Gardner and Luton Shelton up front and goals will come, pace from midfield.
    3*: Montengro - So good for a 3 star team, Vucinic, Vuckecevic and Jovetic are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i'm still finding FIFA a shallow experience for some reason. no footie game has been addictive as PES in its heyday, i remember a TV docu about japanese lads who were chronic recluses n the camera would creep into their rooms n lo n behold, all hooked on PES. i wish FIFA did that to me.. 09 came close

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Here are my tips for the best weak teams to use online:

1*: Thailand - Very very quick for a 1 star team, good attackers in Chiakmdee and Winothai and a solid midfield too. Very enjoyable.
    2*: Jamaica - These guys are great fun to play with, use Ricardo Gardner and Luton Shelton up front and goals will come, pace from midfield.
    3*: Montengro - So good for a 3 star team, Vucinic, Vuckecevic and Jovetic are awesome.

My favourite underdogs are Trinidad and Tobago. Put them on all out defense and play counter attacking football. I play Kenwyn Jones just in behind Jason Scotland with Carlos Edwards supplying the creativity. I have reached the semis twice to be knocked out by France. I also got abused by messaging when I knocked a German out in the quarters (albeit, took the piss for the last 5 mins knocking it around the backline :D).
    I will eventually win it with them. No better feeling seeing your side lift the trophy. Great animations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I got Fiji to the 2nd round of the world cup emerging from a group of Germany, Ireland and the USA only to lose 2-1 to Brazil. Does anyone else notice that you cant play as every team in the world cup qualifiers? Like I see theres teams like Afghanistan, Palestine and they are playable for challenge matches but you cant play as them in the qualifiers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I don't use Xbox live (I' banned, but never used it really) and I feel like I'm really missing out at the moment will all this online world cup talk! :(

I do really like the game though. I find shooting to be easier. I play with everything manual and I don't know if I've just gotten better since Fifa 10 but my shoots seem to go into the corner and even on target a lot more! Can anyone else comment on that? Or is it all in my head (could very well be in my head).

I'm liking the new tricks too. The dummy shot while running is good. Its a trick my dad always does, ha :D

• Advertisement

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I don't use Xbox live (I' banned, but never used it really) and I feel like I'm really missing out at the moment will all this online world cup talk! :(

I do really like the game though. I find shooting to be easier. I play with everything manual and I don't know if I've just gotten better since Fifa 10 but my shoots seem to go into the corner and even on target a lot more! Can anyone else comment on that? Or is it all in my head (could very well be in my head).

I'm liking the new tricks too. The dummy shot while running is good. Its a trick my dad always does, ha :D

Get a new account and use it for online play?

Advertisement