Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA World Cup 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Soby wrote: »
    Get a new account and use it for online play?

I thought the whole console gets banned? My console is modded anyway so probably just get banned again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Modded console, the whole thing gets banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Modded console, the whole thing gets banned.

If you get caught ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

bevan619 wrote: »
    If you get caught ;)

Slowly slowly catchy monkey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Slowly slowly catchy monkey :D

I got caught back in November :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

rediscovering my FIFA 09 form. suddenly its a good game funny enough, but still don't feel the compulsion to play game after game.. after game btw are they gonna fix this glaring penalty issue or what?! name bar off. i'd be surprised if the majority don't turn it off n are not left equally fuming :confused: i thought it'd be patched in the first week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone notice hair changing color during matchs???
    Playing as Ireland and had traps hair even go black ffs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Anyone notice hair changing color during matchs???
    Playing as Ireland and had traps hair even go black ffs :p

I haven't put people mentioned at the start of the thread yea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Star Bingo wrote: »
    rediscovering my FIFA 09 form. suddenly its a good game funny enough, but still don't feel the compulsion to play game after game.. after game btw are they gonna fix this glaring penalty issue or what?! name bar off. i'd be surprised if the majority don't turn it off n are not left equally fuming :confused: i thought it'd be patched in the first week

Sorry couldnt really understand what you meant..what the bug?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Really need to start playing this game again. Haven't played it in so long. How are we doing in the rankings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I normally play Pro Evo but I got this and I like it a lot. There is a couple of lazy aspects in it like the poor frame rate at times during replays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

eioneill wrote: »
    My favourite underdogs are Trinidad and Tobago. Put them on all out defense and play counter attacking football. I play Kenwyn Jones just in behind Jason Scotland with Carlos Edwards supplying the creativity. I have reached the semis twice to be knocked out by France. I also got abused by messaging when I knocked a German out in the quarters (albeit, took the piss for the last 5 mins knocking it around the backline :D).
    I will eventually win it with them. No better feeling seeing your side lift the trophy. Great animations!!

Kenwyne has a massive cock,
    Kenwyne, Kenwyne,
    He tucks it in his football sock,
    Kenwyne, Kenwyne,
    He shagged a lass and now she's dead,
    He swings his cock around his head,
    Kenwyne Jones, Sunlun's Carribean King.

Nah seriously though, he's a cracking player on FIFA like. Good to see Kenwyne and an SAFC old boy in Carlos Edwards getting the plaudits :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lamposts wrote: »
    Really need to start playing this game again. Haven't played it in so long. How are we doing in the rankings?

Not good down as far as 13 or so i think..cause your rated on cups youve won and nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I see we've both only just won the wc once. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

For people who are still shopping around, I got it today for 36 euro in Argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

K.C wrote: »
    For people who are still shopping around, I got it today for 36 euro in Argos

Haha, awesome, I decided to get the game and was hoping to find it somewhere relatively cheaply - this thread was my first port of call, exactly the info I was looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Just got this for the 360. Anyone else having an issue with squad updates? Everytime I start a match it asks to check and says there is an update, I update and save it but the same thing happens again next match... I update and save. And I mean it could be a matter of minutes between saving the updates. It seems like its not saving the update or something. Anyone else having this problem or know a fix??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Any idea how much cash (or credit) I'd get for trading in the X360 version? Even a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I think I saw 25 trade in value in Gamestop during the week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got to the finals today playing as ireland and lost to holland :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Lads I started to do an offline world cup with Ireland, but wanted to randomize the groups while keeping the seedings eg Ireland as third seeds, Germany as first seeds etc. The voiceover says you can do a complete random draw or a random draw with seedings but I couldn't see the option. How do you do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Won the World Cup with Montenegro :D

Won the final against some chap who was playing that 6-0-4 formation too. Won 1nil. Made it alllll the sweeter :)

It's an improvement on 10 but still has a lot of annoying flaws

Long shots are pathetic, i don't know why i bother taking them, unless your at the edge of the box, they scuff them or the keeper saves, only ones i've got were from 30+ yards as they drop over the goalie.

The one touch passing crap, seems to me the ''short passing'' attribute has no relevance, you can pass it short the same with any team, must be for through balls only, same for the chip through ball, can be done with anyone.

The main problem with this is when momentum kicks in, FIFA 09 had momentum but i was able to win through most of the games as my players would block these obvious passes, then 10 came along with the ''realistic player reactions'' where the passes pass by them, i notice in a momentum game all your passes get blocked while your opponents just pass through your players, this makes winning with momentum against ya next to impossible since your already fighting against- slower reactions, defenders running out of position themselves, poor finishing etc... your powerless to stop annoying predictable players one touch it from top to bottom.....

Thankfully they mentioned an end to the ''ping pong'' passing in FIFA 11.

Remove the ability for people to bring their goalies out, maybe give them smart AI where they react themselves based on situation, naturally a goalie will leave his line a bit, but sprinting out of the box without frequent repercussions is annoying, if you can finesse it with good bit of power it will normally go in the middle over him, but the success rate isn't as high as it should be.

Speed up the long pass power up, it's such a worthless tool in defence, you need nearly 2/3 secs to get it away otherwise you lose it, pressing square can see the ball go out for a throw so it leads to ppl just playing it out along the ground.

Glad they sorted the old PES style- run down line and pull it back for a tap in- situation, has limited success in this, as it should, balls coming across the player.

They're getting there, just need to iron out a lot of the annoying little traits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I just got the game there.

It absolutely ridiculous that you can play 3 top seeded teams in the group stage. Not realistic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

is anyone else having problems playing scenarios from the 2010 world cup.i can download them from the EA servers but when i select them and get to the loading screen it freezes, all the other scenarios work.

Edit: just had to download latest squad update, working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

creggy wrote: »

It absolutely ridiculous that you can play 3 top seeded teams in the group stage. Not realistic at all.

That's my only gripe with the game myself. I also played Brazil in the group stages, quarter finals and the final!! What the....??

creggy wrote: »

eioneill wrote: »
    That's my only gripe with the game myself. I also played Brazil in the group stages, quarter finals and the final!! What the....??

If ye'r talking about offline, then that's a bad flaw..... but if ye'r talking about online, it's a bit silly to have it as a complaint.
    The computer can only match you with other people searching for a game and 90% are 5* teams

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

If ye'r talking about offline, then that's a bad flaw..... but if ye'r talking about online, it's a bit silly to have it as a complaint.
    The computer can only match you with other people searching for a game and 90% are 5* teams

Well I'm talking about online. Fair enough bout the 5 star teams in the group stage, thats probably unavoidable but how hard would it be for the EA developers to not allow you to play the same team more than once in the knockout stage? It also happened to me once where I played the same team that I had picked. There just minor issues all in all. But ones which could be fixed. Still a cracking game. Fifa 11 is going to be quality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Checked out the demo. Quite impressed. Haven't bought FIFA in a few years. I never buy WC games though.

Scored an absolute screamer from just outside the centre circle with Villa. Hope that isn't a gameplay bug. I only tried it the once.

Looks great and I'm not easily impressed. Might pick it up if I find a bargain copy at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I'm really frustrated with Fifa 11 and have gone back to this game, i prefer it. With that said if there are any ps3 users out there interested in playing a few games of this against me from time to time could you send me on your ps username and I'll add ye :)

Advertisement