Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA World Cup 2010

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

must pick up a copy of this if i ever see it dirt cheap, havent seen it for less than a tenner yet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Public Executor

Quality game.So smooth and best sense of atmosphere I've ever felt in a footy game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

fifa 10 was the best everrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

have to disagree about fifa 10 - too easy to lob the keeper. that and the graphics and general feel of the game are much better in the wc one for me.

nearly 100 views since i posted - surely someone who still plays this would like to play online???

• Advertisement

c'mon people

fifa 11 sucks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Dont have it anymore myself, but share the sentiments. This was the best FIFA in years. Just so good. The atmosphere created is like nothing seen in any other footy game. I remember player an 8-man tournament with my mates, having an epic 3-2 game as Italy against Spain in the final, and properly celebrating when I scored the winner at the death, full on jumping around the room, and even my mates watching were shouting and celebrating. Multiplayer on 2010 WC was just brilliant, the soundtrack too with Wavin Flag. Loved that game, so much better than FIFA 11 for me.

Also, I think its €5 pre-owned in Xtravision for those interested.

i agree! :)

also far too hard to score in fifa 11 compared to this game!!

the only negative about this game is too many frees.... for me anyway

but in fifa 11 its so much harder to score, aswell as all the things you said.

also, i feel that fifa 11 is more about skill moves than this game, which for me personally i don't like, i think fifa 11 has gone too far down that path......

hey, for 5 euro it sounds like you should get it! we can play then :)

mystic86 wrote: »
    i agree! :)

also far too hard to score in fifa 11 compared to this game!!

the only negative about this game is too many frees.... for me anyway

but in fifa 11 its so much harder to score, aswell as all the things you said.

also, i feel that fifa 11 is more about skill moves than this game, which for me personally i don't like, i think fifa 11 has gone too far down that path......

hey, for 5 euro it sounds like you should get it! we can play then :)

ill be getting it for a fiver if i see it!

woop! :)

• Advertisement

woop! :)

on xbox though, i barely play on my ps3

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

Remember getting so frustrated with this game. I liked it but I managed to get to 5 online world cup finals I think. I only played with Ireland so was tough coming up against Spain/Argentina/Brazil/England near the whole time. Lost the first 4 anyway, was so determined to win it and finally I did. That 5th final was the last game I ever played on it:p

why the frustration???

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Philly_C

why the frustration???

I lost 4 online world cup finals is why I was frustrated;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Got to only the one final myself with Ivory Coast playing on all manual and was epic altogether. Once I made it out of the group stage, anything was a bonus but I never thought Id reach the final stages never mind winning it. Drogba the beast was a big plus up front though:pac:

Good game but still prefer fifa 11 as they did slow it down somewhat which is better for the manual player. However, the online modes and graphics in WC are far superior than fifa.

I've a ****load of them.

Won my 2nd or 3rd with Ireland.

Wonder am I still top of the leaderboards. :confused:

I liked it, was less emphasis for noobs then to ''send fast player on run- lofted through ball''.

Just gets boring picking the same 4/5/6 teams over and over and playing England every second game.

Just gets boring picking the same 4/5/6 teams over and over and playing England every second game.

dude i goota say in my experience of fifa 11 its the same except replace real madrid for england

dude i goota say in my experience of fifa 11 its the same except replace real madrid for england

Oh i know, just now you get Madrid/Chelsea... whereas WC it was all 1-2s with England.

But if you meet someone who'll match teams though there are more to pick from in 11.

I'd happily match anyone at any star rank..... but if they pick Madrid or Chelsea I pick the other one.

theres loads of teams i play with in wc if people are willing to roughly star match - there's loads of good/interesting ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Bosnia-Herzegovina were probably my favourite team in that game. The highlight for me was winning a group game against Germany 11-1 with them.

Ibisevic-Dzeko-Muslimovic was such a good attack.

The first day I got the game I made it to an Online WC semi-final with Thailand. Was so much fun. I beat some guy with Portugal 2-1, scored both my goals in the last 5mins and I got a message saying I was a cheat haha. Good times.

all this goodwill finally resurfacing yet nobody is fulfilling my request :( psn usernames for some games every now and again anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Played my first online game last night,ROI vs Spain (me being ROI of course :pac:) was winning 3-0 at half time and then yer man leaves,still got the win though.

Advertisement