Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 mobile phones

Options
  • 08-04-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have been trying to cut costs so I changed from vodafone bill pay to three best of both 15. I find this a fab service as i generally just text. Now however I need a new phone as my old one is giving trouble. I cannot get an answer from 3 about buying a mobile. When I go on their site and try to purchase a phone I find that I have to change price plan. Any help would be great.
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Moved to Mobiles & PDA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You cant buy a mobile on best of both 15 tariff. You just have to buy any unlocked handset from any retailer or shop online, or buy a 'prepay' handset from three, and use it with your current sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,239 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can just buy a normal 3pay phone from any 3 Store, Agent, or online.

If you want something cheap the inq mini 3g is a nice phone for 49 euro, and it also syncs with itunes if you don't have an ipod. Lot of phone for the money;)

How much are you looking to spend?

As the previous posters have said, you can buy a handset on 3Pay but why not change your package?

At the moment if you cancel your BoB15 and set up a BoB25 the monthly charge is €20 per month - So you pay an extra fiver a month, get extra minutes and you get a much bigger discount on a phone. Also make sure that your number is being moved over, this can be done although you do need to officially give your 30-days notice of cancellation. All of which can be done in-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 top girl

Thank you all for your replies, as I am new to boards I posted in the wrong forum first. Do I still need to give 30 days notice of bb15 even if im out of contract?

• Advertisement

top girl wrote: »
    Thank you all for your replies, as I am new to boards I posted in the wrong forum first. Do I still need to give 30 days notice of bb15 even if im out of contract?

Yes, you'll have to give notice, it's a 30-day rolling contract so you're not obliged to stay for any length of time but you still have to give the 30-days.

Advertisement