Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password reset mail from Boards Group is legit; boards.* regional sites consolidated

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I've posted an announcement - good idea!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Cloud wrote: »
    Hi all -

Yes the e-mail is valid, indicating a reset of passwords on boardsgroup.com (a temporary consolidation of the boards.* regional sites).

Yes it's a stupid e-mail, just the default vBulletin one which probably doesn't say very much as it is just being called by a script. But there should have been a precursor e-mail sent about a consolidation of the boards.ie sites which mentioned the password reset - apologies if you didn't get that one.

In any case, since many would have used the same password for boards.ie and boards.*, it's best to force a password reset to be safe.

I thought I had gotten off lightly with just six complaining e-mails from 10,000 resets :)

John.
    --

I think most people wouldn't replay to a mail like that as would assume it is some kind of spam/phising/email address trawl.

anyway, apologies, but I marked it as spam for google and deleted it before I saw this...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I never got the 1st email.

And it wasn't a gmail account.

The template emails on vB are easy to edit.

Well, Cloud has apologised.

I'm glad it's all cleared up. No kittens or puppies harmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Cloud wrote: »
    I've posted an announcement - good idea!

Hi Cloud,
    first I heard of it was when I got that email I posted about. If the op's date is taken into consideration it has been ongoing for 3 days without a sitewide announcement? I'm not having a go at you just pointing out this thread wouldn't have happened if it had been. Anyways. Nice to see all is cleared up and someone isn't taking my username :)

Advertisement