Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D Provisional Queries

• 08-04-2010 4:33pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I just passed my Theory for D Licence and am in the Process of Applying for a Provisional Licence i have a Few Questions id like to Clarify

1. Can i Add D1 to the Provisional Application?
    2. If i Pass the D Licence Test Do i obtain a D1 Automatically?
    3. If I Pass the D Test in a Automatic Bus do i get a Automatic Licence?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭donkey balls

1, yes
    2, yes
    3, yes

i have on my licence b,c1,c / e-b,ec1 and e-c if you do your test in an automatic thats all you can drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

3. If I Pass the D Test in a Automatic Bus do i get a Automatic Licence?
    Just to add in addition to what donkey balls said - if you pass the D test in an auto, you also be restricted to automatic minibuses (D1) which tend to be very scarce in comparision to automatic large buses effectively rendering the D1 as useless. Do the test in a manual if possible.

(PS - you're applying for a Learner Permit not a Provisional Licence).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

i have on my licence b,c1,c / e-b,ec1 and e-c if you do your test in an automatic thats all you can drive.

You're a legend Donkey Balls!!!:cool:

i have on my licence b,c1,c / e-b,ec1 and e-c
    Faith+1 wrote: »
    You're a legend Donkey Balls!!!:cool:
    He's only in the ha'penny place! :)

I have A1,A,B,B+E,C1,C1+E,C,C+E,D1,D1+E,D,D+E,M & W. :cool:

nice one put have you got a licence for one of these
    arrow.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

Working on that myself. :)
    nice one put have you got a licence for one of these
    [plane]

That'll be next! :D

Richie15 wrote: »
    Working on that myself. :)

That'll be next! :D

you would want to start saving richie your looking at 200e an hour not including landing fees min of 45hrs before taking the skills test.

Ahh yeh, wont be happening any time soon! The plane is one of those "if I win the lotto" goals. :)

Richie15 wrote: »
    Ahh yeh, wont be happening any time soon! The plane is one of those "if I win the lotto" goals. :)

great plane to fly low wings mean great ground affect on landing you can get one for about 300k usd

great plane to fly low wings mean great ground affect on landing you can get one for about 300k usd

€300,000!? That's more than I make in a week! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Just to add in addition to what donkey balls said - if you pass the D test in an auto, you also be restricted to automatic minibuses (D1) which tend to be very scarce in comparision to automatic large buses effectively rendering the D1 as useless. Do the test in a manual if possible.

(PS - you're applying for a Learner Permit not a Provisional Licence).

Cheers Wishbone Ash i Think its Crazy Most Large Buses have Been Automatic for Years Where would you even get a Manual Bus for Lessons?

Cheers Wishbone Ash i Think its Crazy Most Large Buses have Been Automatic for Years Where would you even get a Manual Bus for Lessons?
    All the Schools of Motoring who do buses will have manual buses. There are still quite a few around. Many small independent operators prefer them and will obviously require drivers with an unrestricted licence.

I used to do a bit of work for Aircoach and they still have some manuals. Unfortunately, as one of the few drivers with an unrestricted licence, I always drew the short straw and was asigned a manual bus. One route averaged 2,500 gear changes per shift!

Advertisement