Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing college course

Options
  • 08-04-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, i'm in my first year of a course in dit, and i really don't seem to have an interest in the course itself, not the subject but i just don't like the course.

I was just wondering since information on the internet for changing courses when your in first year seems non existent, i was just wondering has anyone gone through this and has any experience with changing? I don't mind finishing my first year of this course i just don't really see myself finishing the four years of it, and being content with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Hi neon,

sorry to hear you're not enjoying the course. Other boardsies might have some useful advice or experiences also.
    The careers advisers in the Careers Service deal with this on a regular basis and would be able to fill you in on your options. Contact details are here: http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/careers/contactus/careersteam/

Regards,
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 36 neonlampshade

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Penisland

Don’t know if you have had any experiences with them before, but I found Geraldine to be very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Are you looking at another course within DIT or going elsewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

Hi, i'm in my first year of a course in dit, and i really don't seem to have an interest in the course itself, not the subject but i just don't like the course.

I was just wondering since information on the internet for changing courses when your in first year seems non existent, i was just wondering has anyone gone through this and has any experience with changing? I don't mind finishing my first year of this course i just don't really see myself finishing the four years of it, and being content with it.

Heya I am actually transferring out of UCD and hope to do social car in DIT. I am in second yr and because I will have completed two years of exams in sociology, I hope to transfer to second or third year social care in DIT. Whatever you decide to do you'll be better off completing your first year exams. This will help you decide whether or not you want to transfer to another college that has has the same subject you're interested in but a different course layout. If you do decide to transfer to another college to do the same type of course you may be enititled to enter second year instead of starting from scratch! Hope that'll help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement