Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting pebble dash

• 08-04-2010 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Ivebeen volunteered to paint my parents house which is pebbled dash. Is there a special roller I could use that would have a thick pile that would do the job or am I cursed to use a brush. Spraying isn't an option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

A 12inch thick pile roller with frame, you will need a good pole though as the weigh of paint plus roller would snap those cheap roller poles. You will still need to do your cutting in though. Would cut it all in first and roll up to it as close as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Dave... The roller weighs a ton and is crap on the pole...Use the brush or a spray gun... It takes time but hay....

Dave... The roller weighs a ton and is crap on the pole...Use the brush or a spray gun... It takes time but hay....

Sorry Joey I can for once contradict you, I've used the roller numerous times I was talking about and found it great for pebble dash....

Granted there are different types of dash, some heavy, some light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

This is old style 70's heavy dash which was why I asked if there was a thick pile roller that would do it. The thoughts of using a brush to paint over this dash is killing me. Plenty of skint knuckles and paint splashes I expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Forgot to ask. Any recommendations for exterior paint (has to be white) and where to buy. I usually avoid the likes of woodies etc as they're expensive IMO.

• Advertisement

Dulux Weathershield is great, also Santex smooth....Tbh buying in woodies/homebase can be cheaper than most other places...You will find that some area doing deals now coming into summer for exterior paint....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

mad m wrote: »
    Dulux Weathershield is great, also Santex smooth....Tbh buying in woodies/homebase can be cheaper than most other places...You will find that some area doing deals now coming into summer for exterior paint....

Also TJ O,Mahonys are selling Sandtex white exterior masonary paint for feck all now.

Advertisement