Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on this Longines watch please

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Longines IMHO are an undervalued brand with a long and impressive history. That said and without getting into the quartz V mechanical debate again, I wouldnt pay the list price for a quartz one. Not when a mechanical one could be got for the same money. I'd be concerned about the source too. Eastern european country and positive feedback yes, bit for buying not selling. Probably legit and fair enough, but with private bidding* I dunno. Should be ok with paypal refunding but still. Id be buying from a bigger online dealer if it was me.

My 2 cents anyway.

*why ebay made this policy is beyond me. Increases the risk of inflated bidding by the seller so much easier.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I have a Longines Hydroconquest (automatic) I bought here from a Longines authorized store in the Cayman Islands. Totally agree on quartz vs automatic, if you're paying good money for a watch, why buy quartz?

As for Longines, I chose them for a mix of their history and the quality of the piece I bought. I'd definitely buy another Longines. I've fancied a Breitling in the past but was always put off by the movement they used. Now I hear things have changed I may consider Breitling again in future.

Ulysse Nardin, Wyler and Panerai also make fantastic watches, but if you're going that way up the price scale you may as well bite the bullet and sink a fortune on a Devon Works or Urwerk (phenomenal pieces).

Even crazier on the price scale would be the Chapter One from Maitres du Temps. Yours for a cheeky US$400,000 (from).

Advertisement