Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless dropping /disconnecting.

Options
  • 08-04-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    we are with UTV broadband and have been for some years now. We have a Broadcom router, which came as part of the package. This is hooked up to a PC. A couple of years ago we bought a Belkin wireless G+ mimo router so that my husband could use his laptop downstairs. Each night he works from home and each night he's driven demented by our wireless. Sometimes the wireless signal just drops and comes back in a few moments, usually though we have to go up, go into the Broadcom settings and reconnect to the internet. This works 8 times out of ten, but sometimes we also have to unplug both devices and power them back up. Has anyone any experience of this or knows what can cause this problem? We'll probably look into changing providers soon anyway (but that's a whole other post), but in the meantime I need to find out something to keep my hubby from going insane! My husband is on his second laptop, so we've ruled out local issues on that as the same thing happens on the new one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Jen Barber wrote: »
    , but in the meantime I need to find out something to keep my hubby from going insane! My husband is on his second laptop, so we've ruled out local issues on that as the same thing happens on the new one.

Its likely interference causing the Wireless to drop out.You should change the Wireless channel on the Router itself. You need to go on the configuration page and under wireless section you should see a drop down menu fro channel, just select a different channel and save or apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

We've the same problem with an Eircom Netopia router. It disconnects a few times a day, and we have to go upstairs and turn off and on the router, then it comes back. Very annoying. Thinking of getting a new router to see if that helps, and if not, switching to UPC.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moved to Wireless from Broadband

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

We've the same problem with an Eircom Netopia router. It disconnects a few times a day, and we have to go upstairs and turn off and on the router, then it comes back. Very annoying. Thinking of getting a new router to see if that helps, and if not, switching to UPC.

The OP has an Wireless issue, your issues sounds different.

Advertisement