Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

looking for the best price in a bricks and morter for the xbox 360 vga cable

• 08-04-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

as the title says, looking for the best price in a bricks and morter for the xbox 360 vga cable. can get it online for €20, but i'd like it for the weekend.

thanks to everyone in advance :)

**note: i've also posted this in the bargain alerts section, but it'll probably get more attention here**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

deadduck wrote: »
    as the title says, looking for the best price in a bricks and morter for an xbox 360 vga cable. can get it online for €20, but i'd like it for the weekend.

thanks to everyone in advance :)

**note: i've also posted this in the bargain alerts section, but it'll probably get more attention here**

I Will sell u mine for 15, its brand new, high quality and very very long (15 Feet), I never ever used it, plus it has built in audio connections. ( coax and optical) can post a picture of it if you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    I Will sell u mine for 15, its brand new, high quality and very very long, I never ever used it, plus it has built in audio connections. ( coax and optical)

good price, but i've a few questions. is it the official one? i've read some dodgy reports about 3rd party cables? have you tested it? where are you based?

good price, but i've a few questions. is it the official one? i've read some dodgy reports about 3rd party cables? have you tested it? where are you based?

No its not the official xbox 360 one its a madcatz one . But i say its even better than the xbox version, Its HD compatible, Ive tested it once and it worked perfect even transmitted 5.1 surround sound perfectly , Has a huge list of different resolutions it can transmit and I live in Clontarf, Dublin.

x360_hd_vga.jpg

41XwZgUkaVL.jpg

No its not the official xbox 360 one its a madcatz one I think, but i say its even better than the xbox version, Ive tested it once and it worked perfect even transmitted 5.1 surround sound perfectly , Has a huge list of different resolutions it can transmit and I live in Clontarf, Dublin.

why do you say you think it's better than the official one? also, the official one is €20 (delivered) here

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/719745/Official-Xbox-360-VGA-HD-AV-Cable/Product.html

so you'll have to do me a favour on the price ;)

why do you say you think it's better than the official one? also, the official one is €20 (delivered) here

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/719745/Official-Xbox-360-VGA-HD-AV-Cable/Product.html

so you'll have to do me a favour on the price ;)

I did do you a 'favour' on the price, 5 quid less. And look that one is only 8 foot long, mines 15 foot long.

• Advertisement

I did do you a 'favour' on the price, 5 quid less. And look that one is only 8 foot long, mines 15 foot long.

no offence intended, but i can pay you €15 plus working out collection/postage for a second hand, 3rd party cable, OR, i can pay an extra fiver for a brand new, official cable, delivered to my door.

honestly, which cable would you buy if you were me?

no offence intended, but i can pay you €15 plus working out collection/postage for a second hand, 3rd party cable, OR, i can pay an extra fiver for a brand new, official cable, delivered to my door.

honestly, which cable would you buy if you were me?

Well you did say you needed it for this weekend, and you did post two threads looking for one in retailers as soon as possible and my one is 7 foot longer than the xbox one plus mine includes a 15 foot optical cable which are sold at really high prices in stores. So to be honest if I were in your shoes I would of went for my one, but you seem pretty anxious about buying my one so you might aswell wait the 2 weeks untill your highly charged 'official cable' arrives at your door from play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

I take it you dont have a Hd television?

Well you did say you needed it for this weekend, and you did post two threads looking for one in retailers as soon as possible and my one is 7 foot longer than the xbox one plus mine includes a 15 foot optical cable worth more likely a good few quid. So to be honest if I were in your shoes I would of went for my one, but you seem pretty anxious about buying my one so you might aswell wait the 2 weeks untill your 'official cable' arrives at your door from play.

i said i'd like it for the weekend, not gonna pay over the odds for a 3rd party cable though

i said i'd like it for the weekend, not gonna pay over the odds for a 3rd party cable though

OVER THE ODDS??? you keep mentioning 3rd party , give me 3 good reasons why you think your shorter, overcharged, snail mailed delivered 'official cable' is better than my one?

• Advertisement

Evolute wrote: »
    I take it you dont have a Hd television?

i do, i just got a new one, but for some reason the xbox looks a bit funky at 1080p, whereas it always looked fine at 720p on the old one, although it was a smaller telly so it probably just wasn't as noticeable. but when i connected my laptop to the tv via vga it looked perfect, so i'm gonna hook up the 360 through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You could try Harvey Normans, I'm sure I've seen them there before. Not certain on the price though.

BTW Play.com probably won't ship that outside the UK.

i do, i just got a new one, but for some reason the xbox looks a bit funky at 1080p, whereas it always looked fine at 720p on the old one, although it was a smaller telly so it probably just wasn't as noticeable. but when i connected my laptop to the tv via vga it looked perfect, so i'm gonna hook up the 360 through it.

You do know you have to change the settings on the xbox when you plug it into a new tv right?
    That and you can use a Hdmi cable that you can buy in any electronics shop near you or tesco's for around a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

god yes...no one should be using a vga cable on a hi def tv...hdmi all the way..
    saying that Maverick was doing you a favour for his cable..double the length plus optical for fiver less..can't beat that..

OVER THE ODDS??? you keep mentioning 3rd party , give me 3 good reasons why you think your shorter, overcharged, snail mailed delivered 'official cable' is better than my one?

if you check play.com's user reviews for xbox cables , the offical one has an average of 4.5/5 for 39 reviews. the next highest rated cable has 3.5/5 in 17 reviews.

on the basis of this i believe the official cable is better. would you like to produce any evidence to the contrary?

and they do ship the cable to ireland, or at least it doesn't show up that address warning message at the checkout like it does with other electronics, so i assume they do.

You do know you have to change the settings on the xbox when you plug it into a new tv right?
    That and you can use a Hdmi cable that you can buy in any electronics shop near you or tesco's for around a tenner.

exactly what do i have to change. i thought just bump the resolution up and i was done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I was in Harvey Normans last weekend they were selling X-Box 360 accessories half price all official might be worth a look.

forgot to mention, my xbox doesn't have a hdmi port

eamon234 wrote: »
    I was in Harvey Normans last weekend they were selling X-Box 360 accessories half price all official might be worth a look.

nice one, i'll check that out

if you check play.com's user reviews for xbox cables , the offical one has an average of 4.5/5 for 39 reviews. the next highest rated cable has 3.5/5 in 17 reviews.

on the basis of this i believe the official cable is better. would you like to produce any evidence to the contrary?

and they do ship the cable to ireland, or at least it doesn't show up that address warning message at the checkout like it does with other electronics, so i assume they do.

YOU DIDNT EVEN GIVE ME 3 REASONS WHY ITS BETTER! YOUR ONLY REASON IS F.UCKING FALSE ANYWAY!!! AND WOULD I LIKE TO PRODUCE ANY EVIDENCE???? I F.UCKING SHOWED YOU THE BLOODY EVIDENCE ABOUT 5 TIMES ALREADY! FOR F.UCK SAKE!!!

ILL F.UCKING SHOW YOU AGAIN FOR THE LAST F.UCKING TIME!!!

1.)DOUBLE THE LENGTH (15 FOOT LONG) 2). FREE OPTICAL CABLE (15 FOOT LONG) WORTH ALOT OF MONEY BY THE WAY!!! 3). 25 % CHEAPER THAN A STUPID INFERIOR CABLE THAT WILL TAKE WILL TAKE 2-3 WEEKS TO DELIVER ANYWAY, 4). MY ONE WAS WORTH MORE THAN THE XBOX ONE ANYWAY I PURCHASED IT FOR 35 EURO AND I WAS GOING TO SELL IT TO YOU FOR 15, BUT OF COURSE YOU BLEW IT!

AND BY THE WAY THAT OTHER CABLE ON PLAY.COM ISNT MY ONE YOU DAFT IDIOT! MY ONE ISNT EVEN ON THE SITE YOU F.UCKING DONKEY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

YOU DIDNT EVEN...

.... DONKEY!

deadduck, this guy seems legit, you should buy his cable. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Maverick take a week off to cool your head

forgot to mention, my xbox doesn't have a hdmi port

Ah I assumed you had a hdmi port. but you change the display settings to whatever resolution your television puts out and it works.
    Best of luck man

Ah I assumed you had a hdmi port. but you change the display settings to whatever resolution your television puts out and it works.
    Best of luck man

yeah, mine's the older version. i'll check out eamon's advice over the weekend, hopefully i'll come up trumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

They're €22.99 in HMV if you're still looking for one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Because Madcatz are RENOWNED for ****ing up peripherals and have the worst reputation for reliability. Hilariously they were given the rights to make the SFIV fight pads, and typically, those pads are unreliable.

nice one robert, was about to order from play cos harvey norman didn't have any, but i'll take a trip to hmv now. thanks again.

Advertisement