Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For A Good DC Variable Voltage Supply....

Options
  • 08-04-2010 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

I see there is no Maplin in Ireland.:rolleyes:

I am due to make a trip to Belfast to pick one up from Maplin in Belfast, but before I do that, is there anyone in the Greater Dublin area who sells them retail?

I am looking for one that takes Mains 240AC and puts out around 0-30V DC at around 1-5Amps.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Maplin are in Ireland. One in Dublin in around Jervis St. Anyway you could also try, in Dublin, Peats in Parnell St. Or Radionics in Rialto. Check their websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭I Drink It Up!

danjo wrote: »
    Maplin are in Ireland. One in Dublin in around Jervis St. Anyway you could also try, in Dublin, Peats in Parnell St. Or Radionics in Rialto. Check their websites.

Jaysus!:eek:

I went to the maplin website and there is a facility for finding their branches, typed in "Dublin" and didn't get an address!

Peats are expensive, to the point of being rip-off merchants. The Skytronic power supply they sell is €199.99- it's not even as good as the Skytronic version that's on Ebay {3.5A vs 5.0A}

I will check Radionics out.

Thanks for the heads up Sir!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

The addresses are on the Maplin UK website. Click on store locator and select "Scotland and Ireland". You will see three branches in Ireland, Dublin, Blanchardstown and Dundalk.

Still worth checking the prices up North though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭I Drink It Up!

danjo wrote: »
    The addresses are on the Maplin UK website. Click on store locator and select "Scotland and Ireland". You will see three branches in Ireland, Dublin, Blanchardstown and Dundalk.

Cheers, I got that now. I think I will stick with Maplins now....thanks for your help danjo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

the white one from maplin has served me well, though it only goes to 20.9 each time i go back there the price is changed. when i got it twas around 80, but i have seen it at 120+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

gu10 wrote: »
    the white one from maplin has served me well, though it only goes to 20.9 each time i go back there the price is changed. when i got it twas around 80, but i have seen it at 120+

Yea if its the slim with one, yep it works quite well and doesn't take up too much space...

Advertisement