Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage.

Options
  • 08-04-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭

It's made by the same guys who made Flight 666 and Metal: A Headbanger's Journey.

I can't wait to see it. :D Rush are pretty private people so hopefully this documentary will provide insights into their lives and what not.

Some info here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I would love if this (somehow) got a cinema release in Ireland. I'd say it will definately be one to pick up on DVD tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    I would love if this (somehow) got a cinema release in Ireland. I'd say it will definately be one to pick up on DVD tho

Maybe they could put it into one of the film festivals (next years Dublin Film Festival for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The fact they announced US dates only today...and playing Moving Picures in full. And last date on my birthday....who wants to contribute to the 'me going to Rush n Florida' fund?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

First of the new Tour dates announced, here's hoping for a return to Europe on the next leg.:cool: Time Machine Tour.:cool:
    Some of my friends made it into the movie, i narrowly missed out being interviewed LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Just a heads up. I recently bought R30 on blu ray which I originally thought was region locked but I can confirm it is region free and a good upgrade from the dvd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Looks good, really enjoyed Flight 666 so if its the same people + Rush then bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

One of the greatest bands ever .... can't wait for this movie. Fingers, Toes, Arms, Legs , Eyes and Balls crossed they come to Ireland as part of their European Tour in 2011 ... if not , it'll be back to the UK for me.

RayCon wrote: »
    One of the greatest bands ever .... can't wait for this movie. Fingers, Toes, Arms, Legs , Eyes and Balls crossed they come to Ireland as part of their European Tour in 2011 ... if not , it'll be back to the UK for me.

I reckon there are enough fans here for them to play a gig here. Have promoters ever tried to get them or do the band have an issue about playing here?

rednik wrote: »
    I reckon there are enough fans here for them to play a gig here. Have promoters ever tried to get them or do the band have an issue about playing here?

It was rumoured that they looked at Ireland during the planning stages of the S&A tour but needed 2 dates to make it pay .... would 1 in Dublin , 1 in Belfast sell out though :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Ray as I said I just wonder have any of our promoters ever attempted to bring the band here. The 02 can hold close to 14,000 surely if they play in the UK they would not lose money by playing even just one night in Dublin.

4 of my TNMS friends are on that trailer, front row SnA tour Glasgow show, i had a front row ticket for that show, but passed it on as i opted for the 2 London shows, Birmingham and Manchester and the 2 Rotterdam shows on that tour.:)

Ray as I said I just wonder have any of our promoters ever attempted to bring the band here. The 02 can hold close to 14,000 surely if they play in the UK they would not lose money by playing even just one night in Dublin.

They did consider Dublin last tour according to Howard, their light show engineer, but as was said above, it would have needed 2 dates in Ireland to make it break even and the Point was closed at the time, it's a very expensive stage show. Don't rule out 2011 though;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Matt Cooper is a big Rush-head, need to get him onboard!

mike65 wrote: »
    Matt Cooper is a big Rush-head, need to get him onboard!

I e-mailed him when we had a Rush weekend in Galway in 08, he didn't show up though LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

galwayrush wrote: »
    I e-mailed him when we had a Rush weekend in Galway in 08, he didn't show up though LOL

Did he reply?

Jako8 wrote: »
    Did he reply?

Nope, i e-mailed him through a link on The Last Word site, but got no reply.

They did consider Dublin last tour according to Howard, their light show engineer, but as was said above, it would have needed 2 dates in Ireland to make it break even and the Point was closed at the time, it's a very expensive stage show. Don't rule out 2011 though;)

Lets hope so, what was the most memorable concert for you?. I haven't seen them and will go abroad this time if I have to.

Lets hope so, what was the most memorable concert for you?. I haven't seen them and will go abroad this time if I have to.

Toronto, 2008, their home town, that was extra special.:cool:
    Manchester's MEN Arena is amazing though, don't miss that one if they come to Europe next year.:cool:

Ive only seen them twice ... the R30 Tour in the NEC Birmingham , and then again for Snakes and Arrows in the NEC ... both were mindblowing, outstanding shows. If you get a chance to see Rush ANYWHERE - do it (even better if it's in our backyard of the O2 Dublin ;-) )

• Advertisement

Toronto, 2008, their home town, that was extra special.:cool:
    Manchester's MEN Arena is amazing though, don't miss that one if they come to Europe next year.:cool:

Cheers for that Galway and Ray. I will travel to see them this time.

We usually go to Birmingham cos it's usually dirt cheap to fly into with Ryanair and the NEC is located very near the airport. Book at hotel around the NEC or Airport and you're sorted. Top Tip though - don't mistakingly book a City Centre hotel, it's miles away and an expensive Taxi trip !!!!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 langerdan2112

Can`t wait to see the movie too. Going to Molson and Air Canada Centre gigs. 15 rows from the front at both shows! Seen them in Toronto in 2002 on the Vapor Trails tour. Seen almost every tour since Roll the Bones (had a ticket for the NEC in 88 but my folks wouldn`t let me go as I was on 15 at the time!). Simply the greatest band of all time. Seen them 11 times so far. Hoping to double that total by the time they hit Europe next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

ahh class trailor the ULTIMATE band their just different class...really looking forward to getting this and of course the tour etc :)

rush on amigos....Baggio....

That was brilliant - my only Rush show so far was the gig in Macnhester in 2007, honestly the best gig I've ever seen.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned that maybe one of the film festivals could show the movie - well maybe a few emails could go to the Dublin Film Festival to see if they'd show it next year (wouldn't be til Feb 2011).

I mean, it wouldn't be the first time they've shown a documentary about a band - they screened the Anvil movie last year (and Anvil were there, did a 3 song gig afterwards).

Maybe they could persuade Geddy & Alex to come over for a Q&A session, or even get all 3 of them over for a short set....(disappears off into daydream-land at the though of Rush doing an intimate show in Cineworld next febraury...)

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 langerdan2112

I agree totally. I was there too! The sound in the MEN is stunning! If you can only go to one gig in the UK for any band this is THE venue to go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Matt Cooper just said "how do I get Rush to play in Ireland?" mentioning the tour, Peter Aiken came the reply from Stuart Whatshisface of Hot Press.

Anybody know if there's plans for a limited run in the cinema here for this ... somewhere like the IFI , Lighthouse of Cineworld ?

RayCon wrote: »
    Anybody know if there's plans for a limited run in the cinema here for this ... somewhere like the IFI , Lighthouse of Cineworld ?

I'm trying to get it into the Galway Film Fleah ,but that is in july. They had the European premier of Anvil's documentary a few years back, so i live in hope.

• Advertisement

New material available soon...

http://www.rushisaband.com/

Advertisement