Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
    www.cygnus-x1.net
    The 20th studio album from Rush will be called Clockwork Angels. The news comes from a recent article published at Marketwire.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Cineworld in Dublin are showing the movie on June 7th :D

tickets are on sale now - www.cineworld.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

peter1892 wrote: »

Im f**kin there .....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

peter1892 wrote: »

Excellent!

Can't miss this.

I now face a dilemma though...book tickets now and pay using a credit card or wait to get them on the night and use my unlimited card, but face it being sold out.

argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

galwayrush wrote: »
    Toronto, 2008, their home town, that was extra special.:cool:
    Manchester's MEN Arena is amazing though, don't miss that one if they come to Europe next year.:cool:

Yay, I was at the Toronto 2008 gig as well :D. Brilliant venue, brilliant weather, brilliant show - a lifelong dream come true. MEN is a cracking venue for a gig - seen Rush twice there.

Going to see them in Kansas on 1st July, not gonna make the showing of the movie in Dublin but will definitely pick up the blu-ray in the states.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fantastic news - really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

o1s1n wrote: »
    I now face a dilemma though...book tickets now and pay using a credit card or wait to get them on the night and use my unlimited card, but face it being sold out. Argh!

I've the same problem. It's got to be the most ridiculous rule ever that you can't pre-book with the Unlimited Card. I think I'll buy a ticket today. I'd rather have the ticket than run the risk of turning up on Monday only to see the film name displayed in red on their screen. Nooooooooo!

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Have my ticket already. Bring on bank holiday Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

Does anybody know when it will be released on dvd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

flickarius wrote: »
    Does anybody know when it will be released on dvd?

UK DVD/Blu-ray release date is July 5th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just booked my tickets there. Just blasting out Rush today. Should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Wish they would come to Ireland. Saw them in Sheffield a few years ago. unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Hearing fantastic reports about the movie screened tonight. FFS, 3 multiplex's and an arts cinema in Galway and not a single screen showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Was at the cineworld screening, was very good and now I wanna see them live more then ever! If they don't hit ireland when touring the next album I think i'll be making the trip across the pond to see em (presuming they play the UK)

I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was pretty good.

So, which one of you was it that was shouting "**** Rush. We want more ads!"

Was at Cineworld too last night ... excellent documentary - totally enjoyed it. Laughed out loud at so many moments. Looking forward to the DVD release :cool:

Master of the Universe

That was great! Loved seeing some of that really really early footage. Tempted to go over and see them again in the UK now. Fingers crossed they play here...but I would imagine it's highly unlikely as usual :(

To be honest , Im more optimistic about a first ever Irish date for Rush on the next tour. The fact that the O2 is a "Live Nation" venue , and capacity has been increased from the old Point might mean that Rush would no longer need 2 dates in Ireland to make it financially viable (as was rumoured about the Snakes and Arrows tour).

Really enjoyed it. The missus, who wouldn't be a major Rush fan, enjoyed it so much that she's now demanding my copy of 'Hemispheres' and wants to go see them live!

And there were a lot of laugh out loud moments. Whether it was a goofy comment by Lerxst, a dodgy photo from the 70's or either Jack Black or Sebastian Bach coming across as utter obsessed loons. Great stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

I saw it last night too and really enjoyed it, there are plenty of laughs, and some great early footage. Liefson and Lee come across as 2 really funny, sincere and likable guys.

• Advertisement

Jack Black was brilliant throughout. The prize for Most Unintentionally Hilarious Moment must go to Billy Corgan going on about "bringing his mom down to the basement", but his love for the band was evident, and his comment amount the music enduring for years was spot on.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

Master of the Universe

RayCon wrote: »
    To be honest , Im more optimistic about a first ever Irish date for Rush on the next tour. The fact that the O2 is a "Live Nation" venue , and capacity has been increased from the old Point might mean that Rush would no longer need 2 dates in Ireland to make it financially viable (as was rumoured about the Snakes and Arrows tour).

Do you reckon there would be enough interest to fill to O2 to even partial occupancy? I dunno, I've been listening to Rush for years and years and have always considered them to be a cult band with zero Irish following. Was quite amazed to see so many people in the cinema last night. I actually find it extremely weird to see another person in Dublin wearing a Rush tshirt. Thought it was just going to be me and my folks in a big empty cinema! Really is great seeing them getting the recognition they deserve.

But anyway, hmmm..and Irish date would have me pissing my pants, but I don't even want to consider it a possibility yet as the let down would be too great if they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Nah there's definitely tons of Rush fans here but I don't think there's enough for the 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Nah there's definitely tons of Rush fans here but I don't think there's enough for the 02.

really? i woulda thought it'd be a very popular concert considering theyve never played here? maybe i'm overestimating their popularity.

btw, not sure if it's been posted but 2 new songs from the new album have been released:

Caravan

BU2B

I'm quite liking caravan

As I said Im optimistic ... Ive travelled over to the UK for the R30 and S&A tours and both times met shed-loads of Irish who travelled over specifically for the shows ... add to that their stock has never been higher , they've just had a movie released about them and apparently Ireland was looked at last time.

Kiss, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Dave Matthews Band wouldn't exactly have major Irish followings, and are not "Mainstream" acts but all played the O2 recently ..

RayCon wrote: »
    Kiss, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Dave Matthews Band wouldn't exactly have major Irish followings, and are not "Mainstream" acts but all played the O2 recently ..

There's definitely a market for them here. Kiss didn't fill the O2 but obviously numbers were high enough for them to play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

How full was the theatre last night? They might be taking a note of these things when they decide where to tour

greendom wrote: »
    How full was the theatre last night? They might be taking a note of these things when they decide where to tour

I'd say 80-90% full. And not just guys. Girlfriends, wives, and kids who were fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

LD 50 wrote: »
    I'd say 80-90% full. And not just guys. Girlfriends, wives, and kids who were fans.

Yeah I thought I was going to be the youngest until I saw a girl with her parents no more than 7. They going Boston too for this tour:(

Absolutely loved the show, very funny, great insight into them. Love the bit when they talking bout how Neil changed his style. All of it was cool, the crowd was cool. LD50, lad whp shouted that sat in front of me....never was I so uninterested in ads.

• Advertisement

It was bloody ridiculous to have trailers beforehand. When the two Movies@ cinemas showed Iron Maiden: Flight 666 last year, it was just straight into the film, no inhouse cinema propaganda, no trailers, no O2 s**t. We're not there on a "trip to the cinema" in the conventional sense, so please don't try to flog us the new Russell Brand "comedy" when we'd rather just see Rush.

Advertisement