Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It was bloody ridiculous to have trailers beforehand. When the two Movies@ cinemas showed Iron Maiden: Flight 666 last year, it was just straight into the film, no inhouse cinema propaganda, no trailers, no O2 s**t. We're not there on a "trip to the cinema" in the conventional sense, so please don't try to flog us the new Russell Brand "comedy" when we'd rather just see Rush.

Maybe you should have stayed in the foyer until the film itself began ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

greendom wrote: »

It said half 8, ads didn't start till bout quarter to. Besides, how do you know when the ads end when out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd do that myself if it wasn't for having to climb over people in the dark. Others don't really appreciate it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

OK then how about closing your eyes and putting fingers in your ears and getting someone to give you a nudge when Rush come on ?

btw if you didn't realise, this and the earlier response were both tongue in cheek. You really can't put up with a few ads ?

OK then how about closing your eyes and putting fingers in your ears and getting someone to give you a nudge when Rush come on ?

btw if you didn't realise, this and the earlier response were both tongue in cheek. You really can't put up with a few ads ?

Can be tough to tell sometimes. We were all just anxious for some Rush, not Russel ****ing Brand and his...I won't continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Is this thread really turning into a place to complain about the trailers? can't we just talk about the film? :rolleyes:

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Is this thread really turning into a place to complain about the trailers? can't we just talk about the film? :rolleyes:

Not much more to say other than awesome. I've been itching to see it again. Not long till dvd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

Don't mean to go off topic,

,,but am hoping 2 pals of mine who i met there at the film and i will finaly put together a good rush tribute act,,,,we'll need a goood maybe fem singer tho,,,as none of us 3 sing very well,,,well me too bad tyo be true! haha....anyway hope to put it together so if yas know a decent fem singer who can handle it send her our way...
    when is the dvd coming out???.... ill be in UK next year to see them no matter what :)

rock on amigos......Baggio.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Funny how quite a few of the celeb fans couldn't pronounce 'Peart' properly ;)

Baggio1 wrote: »
    Don't mean to go off topic,

,,but am hoping 2 pals of mine who i met there at the film and i will finaly put together a good rush tribute act,,,,we'll need a goood maybe fem singer tho,,,as none of us 3 sing very well,,,well me too bad tyo be true! haha....anyway hope to put it together so if yas know a decent fem singer who can handle it send her our way...
    when is the dvd coming out???.... ill be in UK next year to see them no matter what :)

rock on amigos......Baggio.......

DVD is like 4th July, if not week earlier. Think I saw ya at it, kinda recgnised frm that Ireland Maiden thing.

I shall be joining many people in the UK...finally get to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

peter1892 wrote: »
    Funny how quite a few of the celeb fans couldn't pronounce 'Peart' properly ;)

I used always say it as "Purt" until about 3 months ago :p

It's Peert is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Jako8 wrote: »
    It's Peert is it?

Yes! :p

Really looking forward to seeing this - great to see it's getting so many positive reviews.

Got my ticket today for the Kansas City show. 3 weeks and counting... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

I used always say it as "Purt" until about 3 months ago :p

It's Peert is it?

I pronounced it 'Purt' for years - even now I sometimes have to force myself to say 'Peeeert'!

As for the trailers beforehand - just as well they didn't throw in one for 'Sex & The City 2' or we'd really have had a riot on our hands :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Just bought the DVD in HMV lads, cant f*cking wait to throw it on:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I was too broke to get it this weekend, got to wait a few more days.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Just bought the DVD in HMV lads, cant f*cking wait to throw it on:cool::cool::cool::cool:

It's out? Are there any bonus features?

It's out? Are there any bonus features?

It supposed to be out tomorrow but HMV have it early:pac: Havent watched any of the bonus stuff yet, but its seems pretty badass, including loads of old interviews and loads of performances including a pretty early one with John Rutsey, and YYZ from Rio which is obviously awesome.. cant wait to watch it all, Loved the flick, very indept and full of charm, and loved the interviews with Jack Black and Billy Corgan they really where outstanding:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

It supposed to be out tomorrow but HMV have it early:pac:

Ah sh!t, if I'd known it was in HMV I'd have grabbed a copy today. Sitting here waiting to get bus to airport. Flying to USA in the morning & gonna see the real thing on Thurs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Trip to HMV tomorrow methinks ... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ShumanTheHuman

Rush receive their Star(man) on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Donna Halper & Billy Corgan big them up

and the guys themselves (well two of them anyway)

• Advertisement

Just heard i was spotted in the movie extras.........:D

galwayrush wrote: »
    Just heard i was spotted in the movie extras.........:D

Thats unreal was it in one of the live shots?

Thats unreal was it in one of the live shots?

It's in the trekkie extras, i was helping out in a stall at the Eucon at Manchester during ther SnA tour .

Bought this today. Gonna throw on bonus stuff now.

Mushy wrote: »
    Bought this today. Gonna throw on bonus stuff now.

The full scene in the restaurant is unreal, actually so are all the bonus features:cool: The what the band do on their days off part, is brilliant too!

Advertisement