Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homebase flowers for baskets/pots for €1!!!

• 08-04-2010 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Was in Homebase in Santry today.

In the garden centre theres flowers for pots and baskets that are being shifted to make way for new stock.

Seen them for €1, €1.60, €1.80. Think the €1 one had 6 flowers in it maybe more!

They're perfect, you would think they are dying if they are shifting them. Nope, just that they have new ones in and need to make space!

They're the ones with the orange price stickers on them.

Also theres clay pots on a 3 for 2 deal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 pok

Hi,
    On two different occassions I bought Solar lights in Homebase, They were for half price and looked good. I had no trouble returning them, as after a few hours at night they started to flicker and really drew attention to my residence.
    Just wondering did anybody else have the same problem.
    The were 16 euro reduced to half price and were available in Black, Chrome and Copper finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

pok wrote: »
    Hi,
    On two different occassions I bought Solar lights in Homebase, They were for half price and looked good. I had no trouble returning them, as after a few hours at night they started to flicker and really drew attention to my residence.
    Just wondering did anybody else have the same problem.
    The were 16 euro reduced to half price and were available in Black, Chrome and Copper finish.

I don't think they are really supposed to last all night, but we got them and they flicker at around 11 of half 11 and go off. They're nice when they are on, pity they dont last longer. You need to have them in a really sunny place. I'd say they will last longer when it gets really sunny.

At the time we got them for half price and then another €15% off so we dont mind:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3 pok

Hi Neil,19
    Thanks for the reply. Yeh your right. My lights stayed on until maybe 1.00.or 2.00 in the morning but once they started flickering they went on for an hour or two.
    I have other solar lights that were bought in a £1 shop and when they run down they go out, dont like people thinking I'm partying to the we hours of the morning mid week even tho I am retires. ha.ha.
    thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

pok wrote: »
    Hi Neil,19
    Thanks for the reply. Yeh your right. My lights stayed on until maybe 1.00.or 2.00 in the morning but once they started flickering they went on for an hour or two.
    I have other solar lights that were bought in a £1 shop and when they run down they go out, dont like people thinking I'm partying to the we hours of the morning mid week even tho I am retires. ha.ha.
    thanks again.

Haha its like a rave in the front garden :P

Advertisement