Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make a complaint about a Doctor?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

My mother has an ongoing work related injury and has this week received a report from the injury board on assessment by X which contains false information and basically is full of bullsh1t for want of a better term.

I'm absolutely furious after reading this as my mam has been through the mill for the past 3 years and now this guy is basically saying in his report to the injury's board that she's a liar/mental.

So many of the facts are wrong that it is actually laughable..

Any advice is so appreciated as it's 6.30 now, I cant pick up a phone this instant and begin the complaints procedure.
    I'm sicked that a person in a position to care for people can so let them down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Just to add to that (now that I've calmed down a little :o)

My mother was with the rheumatologist on Tuesday who says she has suffered soft tissue damage from the injury, she has 2 disk bulges which they think are not significant and that she has fibromyalgia. The Rheumatologist was great and really understood what she has been going through and how tough it is going from being active to being unable to manage the simplest of chores. To compound all this she is being treated for depression/anxiety by her gp.

The past 3 years have been tough and it seems there is no simple solution or treatment and that battle to get better is only just beginning - I'm just glad she's had a diagnosis. It seems unlikely that she will return to her old job or anything physical but she has found ways to manage.
    Managing the pain and managing life now managing to deal with incompetent doctors how do people manage???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

you can make a complaint by contacting the medical council

however, a better option might be to contact the doctor directly and discuss any inaccuracies you perceive in the report

Thanks sam, I'll get mam to contact the doc tomorrow and hopefully he will be open to amending the report to correct the inaccuracies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭skullzxr

As far as I know, you can disagree with the doctors opinion, when sending in the forms to the injury compensation board,
    Did your mum get a look at it before it was sent in the injury board, her solictor should have shown it to her

skullzxr wrote: »
    As far as I know, you can disagree with the doctors opinion, when sending in the forms to the injury compensation board,
    Did your mum get a look at it before it was sent in the injury board, her solictor should have shown it to her
    No she didnt see it until the injury board shut the case and send a letter to the solicitor which they forwarded to her... So it's solely in the hands of the solicitor now as far as the injury comp board system goes.
    I wont say too much as I obviously it's an ongoing case. I'll make sure she has a word with the solicitor about this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Is there an actual official complaints procedure for a doctor?

I refuse to go to my GP anymore after multiple instances of ineptitude including misdiagnosing a tumor and subsequent cancer.. to asking me what type of antibiotic I wanted for, what illness he basically admitted he had no clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 over30

kerash wrote: »
    Just to add to that (now that I've calmed down a little :o)

My mother was with the rheumatologist on Tuesday who says she has suffered soft tissue damage from the injury, she has 2 disk bulges which they think are not significant and that she has fibromyalgia. The Rheumatologist was great and really understood what she has been going through and how tough it is going from being active to being unable to manage the simplest of chores. To compound all this she is being treated for depression/anxiety by her gp.

The past 3 years have been tough and it seems there is no simple solution or treatment and that battle to get better is only just beginning - I'm just glad she's had a diagnosis. It seems unlikely that she will return to her old job or anything physical but she has found ways to manage.
    Managing the pain and managing life now managing to deal with incompetent doctors how do people manage???

hi there, i realise your post was quite some time ago but i wanted to know if your mums fibromyalgia was as a result of her accident and if so how did that go with her injuries claim. perhaps you could pm me

Advertisement