Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would you do if you won sats 15million jackpot?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

I would buy my mother a house and new car in tuscany.

I would put money away for my son's education when he goes to princeton medical or his phd at Oxford.

A house in the south of France for me.

Retrain in something lucrative and leave the remaining amount to my son in the eventuality of my death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭StandardAngel

Quit my job
    Pay off my car loan
    Buy a house
    Go on lots of holidays and cruises
    Give money to my parents and sister
    Pay off my sisters car loan
    Buy her a house

.......and lots more, pity i wont win :(

Don't really get the charity thing.. Lotto has already given 3 billion to charity.
    That money would be going to many generations after me instead..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

i'd buy a vw samba, a camper, another double crew cab, a Karmann beetle, a hebmuller a kublewagen a schwimmer wagen and one of them new fiat 500's

and then i'd learn to drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Oooh... I wouldn't give up my teaching job but I'd take a year or two out to travel, learn and help the world.... Imagine chilling out in Hawaii, trekking Peru, working in an Orphanage in Brazil, researching sea turtles in the Galapogas Islands, conserving leopards in S. Africa, caring for street children in India then relaxing in Goa. Travel to Asia and create schools/ medical centres in Phillipines, Vietnam, Cambodia while soaking up the native culture, see the Northern Lights and enjoy a jacuzzi in an ice hotel, learn to snow board, go diving and surfing in tropical waters, bungee jump.

I've always wanted to drive across the USA, and bring my parents.

I'd buy my parents a holiday home in Austria, they love it there. My Dad probably wouldn't take any money, so I'd just get them both really great health insurance!! Hahah! I'd get him a classic car. I'd pay for a cruise for my boyfriends parents. Take his sisters on a huge shopping spree. Pay rent for an apartment for their first year of college.

One of my brothers is completely unmaterialistic, but loves Asia so Id probably buy him a holiday hut with a hammock. And a Gibson guitar...

My younger brother studies landscape architecture so I'd get him a house with a huge garden for him to design.

I'd donate money to the school I teach in. Would love an extra classroom that we could use as an multi sensory room for kids that need anger management, put money into counselling for them. Put a grassy pitch in the yard and that squishy ground they have in park playgrounds.... Oh, also have a flower garden and cool toys to play with at break time.

I'd buy apartments in Dublin city centre (the one we rent now - I love it. Penthouse!!), London & NYC. Have a holiday home in West Cork too. Build my dream home along the Dublin coast. I'd put a huge aquarium in the house. Oh and a swimming pool, and a beautiful old shaker style kitchen, with an island. And marble counters... And a garage for my VW beetle & Lotus Elise and his Mustang & DeLorean. Argh!! MONSTER TRUCK! :D (We should learn to drive)

Hire a nutritionist & personal trainer/ boxing trainer. Spend money on my looks a la Cheryl Cole :D

I'd spoil my boyfriend rotten, he collects video games. So I'd probably buy him whatever he finds on ebay and have a cool wing of the house thats for his game collection. I'd have to put a studio in too for his art.

I'd have a lovely wedding, a huge party for all my friends & family. In Glendalough or some old ruins of a Celtic Church, all lillies & white fairy lights. A big marquee with an orchestra, then my fave bands to play at it. and I'd have a huge diamond, antique ring...

I think I would also try and get myself into the rock & metal world somehow. Go to loads of festivals and go backstage and meet my favourite bands. Buy my way into singing with them on stage. Oh, design all my own costumes and have a band. Real life Guitar Hero. *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Take a portion and invest it.

Pay off my student loans (and the other small debt I have that, added together, doesn't come close to half of my student loans).

Buy a house. Not a mansion, but not a shack either. A nice, comfortable house on a lake. With an amazing shower/bathtub.

Probably go on a shopping spree for clothes/shoes/handbags I've always wanted but couldn't afford. I wouldn't exceed $15,000 on this though.

Buy a new car and a 1955 Chevy Corvette. I'd like to get the Corvette updated to a modern engine, etc, but leave the outside the same (beautified, of course).

Set up some university funds for my niece and nephews so that they don't have to take out student loans when they go to college.

Put some toward my business (although this wouldn't be much at all - $5,000 at most).

Travel. Spots include Yellowstone National Park, Alaska, Hawaii, Asia, Socotra Island, Africa, and return trips to Europe and Australia. This wouldn't be done all at once, but I'd put money aside for future trips.

:D So, where's my 15 million??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

:D So, where's my 15 million??? :D

Before I can send it to you, I need your bank details and I need you to forward me a $2,000 dollar cash handeling fee. This monies will of course be returned on completion of all our transactions

My address is;
    Mr. Objecke
    Lagos
    Nigeria

I look very much forward to our future dealings Mr(s).

*All spelling/grammar mistakes intentional and for comedic purposes only.*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aaliyah123

Can some one help me, i have a 2001 Nissan Almera which has a factory Radio installed but i want to change it to a CD player, can some one help me with an ideas or directions? i went to Halford to asked them to change for me and the guy was very nice to tell me that i don't need to buy a new facial,but i can attach the cd player to the radio but the factory radio would not function, its simple and check on internet, so any ideas or any websites that that can help me with directions?

please help if you have any ideas, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Generalissimo

aaliyah123 wrote: »
    Can some one help me, i have a 2001 Nissan Almera which has a factory Radio installed but i want to change it to a CD player, can some one help me with an ideas or directions? i went to Halford to asked them to change for me and the guy was very nice to tell me that i don't need to buy a new facial,but i can attach the cd player to the radio but the factory radio would not function, its simple and check on internet, so any ideas or any websites that that can help me with directions?

please help if you have any ideas, thanks

You'd be better off asking in the Motoring forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

If I was to win the jackpot I'd share it evenly with my siblings (~4 million's enough for anyone to be getting on with) and live a life of quiet comfort. I'd probably splash out on a lot of photography/videography equipment and spend my time playing with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

run in the next general election as an independent candidate and then found my own party!

try and save what is left of our isle b4 it turns into a cesspit! :D

ah no really......I would not put it in any Irish banks! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭GwayGal

Would'nt it be mad if someone who posted in the thread actually won :) Hopefully Me or u :D

Well the random person asking about a car radio should defo not win lol

€15 million.

Firstly pay off he mortgage 250k
    Completely renovate my mams house 100k
    Rent an apartment for my brother for 2-3 years 30k
    Buy him a decent car 20k
    Buy me a new house - anything up to 1 million.
    Buy me me a couple of cars and the girlfriend 150k

Holiday to NY with me, the GF, friends say 20k on transport + accommodation.

Holiday to Seychelles 10K

Have 3 really good friends and we've all said if we ever won the lotto we'd buy each other a house, as we now have houses I'd pay their mortgages off 600k

Sub Total €2,010,150

Buy the girlfriends dad a super new tractor €50k
    Buy her dad a 4 x 4 40k
    Buy her mam a new car 40k

say 50k for each of her sisters 250K

Trust fund for her 3 of her cousins 90k (total)
    Trust fund for 7 of my cousins 210k (total)

Sub Total 2,690,150

Apartment in NY 1 Million
    Log cabin in Rockies 500k

Suppose 100k for parents and my bro 400K

Total 3,240,150

excellent plan

Quit my job
    Pay off my car loan
    Buy a house
    Go on lots of holidays and cruises
    Give money to my parents and sister
    Pay off my sisters car loan
    Buy her a house

.......and lots more, pity i wont win :(

Sure you might win and give me half , think positive
    “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” Buddha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

March into my job on the way to the airport to my unlimited trip around the world, wearing a pair of shorts, sandals, a giant straw sombreo, stroll up to my boss, unwrap the fresh fish i just bought, give her two almighty smacks in the jaws with it, leave it on her desk then toddle off on my way whistling to myself, content in the fact I'd never set foot in that fcuking place again.

krudler wrote: »
    March into my job on the way to the airport to my unlimited trip around the world, wearing a pair of shorts, sandals, a giant straw sombreo, stroll up to my boss, unwrap the fresh fish i just bought, give her two almighty smacks in the jaws with it, leave it on her desk then toddle off on my way whistling to myself, content in the fact I'd never set foot in that fcuking place again.

Wouldn't have much of that €15 million left when she sues you for damages & assault charges!

• Advertisement

Wouldn't have much of that €15 million left when she sues you for damages & assault charges!

He/she could hire a very good lawer.

GwayGal wrote: »
    He/she could hire a very good lawer.

Yea but at about €500 an hour!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I'd carry on with the gambling as with that much cash would't I surely win it again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Give 6 or 7 million to charity.
    Pay off parents mortgages and then buy my mam a house along a river, she's always wanted that.. and buy my dad a house in town.
    Give my grandparents some to go on holiday, get a live in nurse for granda, general stuff my gran needs/wants/.

Put 2 million away for world tours and such that I will do in future.
    Buy a car.

Family holiday to somewhere crazy!
    Pay for rest of college.
    Put one million towards my brother's living expeses plus college.

Save 1 million.

Advertisement