Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Choices choices...

• 08-04-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

Basically got the choice between an alfa 147 1.6 t-spark, a xsara 1.4 estate, and a laguna 1.6 estate. All same year, similar mileage, same price basically. Alfa is so so pretty but i could whack my bikes into the back of the estates. The alfa is so damn hot tho....:rolleyes:

Anyways i came to the experts, what would you go for?:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Out of that lot......
    Roof rack + alfa= sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

put a couple of bikes in the back of the xsara and a couple of passengers to go with them and you would have to push the bloody thing up a hill.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Beta1

ALFA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

I own an Alfa but I wouldn't recommend one, because most are not in a good nick, hence their reputation. But if you want one go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Alfa over the other two anyday tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Depends - has the Alfa been looked after? If there's any doubts there best leave it. Nicest car there though by a mile.

The Laguna is muck for the most part.

The Xsara would actually be ok, but the 75 brake 1.4 will have its work cut out.

I reckon you should expand your choice, how much are you spending ? There are crackingly good cars out there for peanuts these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Budget of about 4k. Think there's a serious alfa bias here!!! :D

If I was spending €4000 and needed and estate (needed a strong word, if an estate would suit me we'll say) I'd find a nice Rover 75 diesel tourer, far far far better can than any of the three you mention. As you are spending €4000 we can presume 'tis a Laguna 2, as said they are muck and will potentially cost you a fortune to maintain.

I just bought a 1993 520i tourer, it's mint, I'll sell it to you for less than €4000 ;)

RoverJames wrote: »
    If I was spending €4000 and needed and estate (needed a strong word, if an estate would suit me we'll say) I'd find a nice Rover 75 diesel tourer, far far far better can than any of the three you mention. As you are spending €4000 we can presume 'tis a Laguna 2, as said they are muck and will potentially cost you a fortune to maintain.

I just bought a 1993 520i tourer, it's mint, I'll sell it to you for less than €4000 ;)

Well to be honest i'm trying to keep the old insurance down (24 yo male) so biggest engine i'll go for is 1.6. never considered a rover. wouldn't i be fooked if it broke down and stuff?

• Advertisement

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    Well to be honest i'm trying to keep the old insurance down (24 yo male) so biggest engine i'll go for is 1.6. never considered a rover. wouldn't i be fooked if it broke down and stuff?

Rover 75 diesel has a BMW engine without the associated turbo issues. Insurnance shouldn;t be too bad on a diesel 75 I would think.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Rover 75 diesel has a BMW engine without the associated turbo issues. Insurnance shouldn;t be too bad on a diesel 75 I would think.

Worth checking out. thanks

Advertisement