Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent & cheap place to stay near Rosslare?

• 08-04-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Have to spend a night in Rosslare before an early Ferry sailing next month and was hoping ye could please recommend somewhere nice to stay?

The Hotel reviews on Tripadvisor were mixed to downright scary!!!

- Ideally would like to check in somewhere with a Pool or some type of activity for the Kids and then have a nice meal and a few pints before travelling the next morning.

20-30 mins away from Ferry would be about right.

Thanks!!!

Comments

Maldron Hotel is a little further away but ticks all those boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Looks great actually! Any idea of the travel time to the Ferryport?

- Would be early with no traffic!

Thanks a million :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Around twenty-twenty five minutes at the most. Its all decent road from the hotel to the harbour.

Try Danby Lodge either. Its much closer, and although I've never stayed there I have been to a few weddings there. There isnt much to complain, and after all it is only one night. No pool though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Maldron to the harbour should take about 15 mins - it's about 20km between them and the Maldron is very close to the main road. Maldron seems to tick all the boxes for you, nice enough pool, nice bar, cheap enough rooms and family friendly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thanks for the suggestions Folks - Greatly appreciated!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭pink100

has anyone stayed at Danby Lodge, someone suggested staying there but the reviews are very mixed so I am upsure. anyone help out.

Advertisement