Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will our radar ever work ?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

We are used to Shannon being down like it is now & it not registering rain that we know is falling. However now it is telling me that I have just had some rain that never fell.

Could this be "high altitude" rain that never reaches the ground ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Discodog wrote: »
    We are used to Shannon being down like it is now & it not registering rain that we know is falling. However now it is telling me that I have just had some rain that never fell.

Could this be "high altitude" rain that never reaches the ground ?

I doubt it. It showed rain over me as well earlier and the clouds above me were nothing but weak Sc's with no visible sign of rain falling at high altitude.

Met radar has really gone downhill over the last few weeks. It was actually fairly good for this part of the world until then. Has to be raining really heavy here now for it to register even a blue or yellow return. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Like I said, we don't have enough radar. We need one in Dooncarton and another Mount Gabriel where the aviation gear is to give us atlantic data.

We rely on shannon down in a hole to do the atlantic like duhh

and we need to fix the other two :(

Advertisement