Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up new bank account and ATM card question

Options
  • 08-04-2010 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am starting a new job soon and will need to set up a new bank account to get my wages put in to. Up until now I've only had a savings account and a credit card that I use as an ATM card. So basically I have to set up a new bank account and I want to use this account for an ATM card. Is that possible? And what details does a bank need for me to set it up? I don't really mind what bank but an AIB would probably be the easiest for me as that's who I've dealt with before. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Strange setup you have using a credit card as ATM card as you may be getting charges cash advance fees for that facility.

You just need to go to branch and fill out forms, get a few forms of ID and also proof of address. You can then get a Laser or visa debit card (depending on the bank) on the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 charleymax

CL10 wrote: »
    I am starting a new job soon and will need to set up a new bank account to get my wages put in to. Up until now I've only had a savings account and a credit card that I use as an ATM card. So basically I have to set up a new bank account and I want to use this account for an ATM card. Is that possible? And what details does a bank need for me to set it up? I don't really mind what bank but an AIB would probably be the easiest for me as that's who I've dealt with before. Thanks for any info.

Just looking at the strength of the banks at the minute & helpfulness I'd go with BOI also they are good at the minute if you did want a mortgage months down the line... But that purely personal preference so dont be swayed (I've not dealt with AIB much).

For a new current account (post 911) you need photo Id (driving licence or passport) and proof of address (utility bill such as ESB/Eircom/Bord Gais/Vodafone)... (I think you can get something off the social welfare if you have metered utilities but am not sure on this).

All current accounts come with a basic ATM card and if youve had no credit probs in the past they will most likely put Lazer on this which will allow you to use it like your credit card in shops but the money would come straight out of the account that day...

Hope this explains it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

charleymax wrote: »
    For a new current account (post 911) you need photo Id (driving licence or passport) and proof of address (utility bill such as ESB/Eircom/Bord Gais/Vodafone)... (I think you can get something off the social welfare if you have metered utilities but am not sure on this).

All these requirements existed pre-911..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

..and have nothing to do with 9/11 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 charleymax

Apologies... yes.. This is to do with money laundering laws.

Sorry for any confusion...

• Advertisement
Advertisement