Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA CUP - Q/FINAL

• 08-04-2010 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Thursday, 8 April 2010
    Atletico Madrid v Valencia, (agg 2-2) 20:05
    Liverpool v Benfica, (agg 1-2) 20:05
    Standard Liege v Hamburg, (agg 1-2) 20:05
    Wolfsburg v Fulham, (agg 1-2) 20:05

47221766.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Atleti-Liverpool semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll take Fulham over Wolfsburg in the semis. But I'm getting ahead of myself, still a lot to do in Belgium to make sure we'll be in the semis(Hamburg).

Should be a good night of football round Europe.

Hamburg - Standard
    Liverpool - Benfica
    Wolfsburg - Fulham
    Athletico - Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Gwan Fulham. 1 up.

Great start for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Atleti the only team in it thus far.

• Advertisement

Hamburg 1-0 Standard - Petric after 19 mins.

Get in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Any streams for Atleti?

kinaldo wrote: »
    Any streams for Atleti?

http://www.p2p4u.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

redout wrote: »
    Nice, thanks!

Come on Atleti, bring some European pride back to Madrid!

Hamburg 2-1 Standard - Petric again.

What a beauty of a goal, bicycle kick. Standard need 3 now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

what was the semi final draw?

Wolfsburg/Fulham v Hamburg/Standard
    Liverpool/Benfica v Athletico/Valencia

jaysus, thats lovely for fulham

thats the only one id think they MIGHT have a chance with. i know youre a hamburg fan, but what ive seen of them i think fulham have the beating of them IF they play as well as they can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm trhirlled thrilled for Fulham, really hope they go through and loose on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Great stuff Fulham.

Bring on a Fulham/Liverpool final :)

Happy for them too, if they were playing any other team in the next round I'd be supporting them.

Forlans effort knocked onto the post by Cesar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what a ****ing save by De Gea

class act

so much for those ****ing refs behind the goal line

fifa ****ness strikes again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What game you watching? Have Valencia looked like winning?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

valenica's villa hit the top bar and zigic was denied a blatant peno

Full time in the Fulham match.

Fulham v Hamburg confirmed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Headshot wrote: »

Bah, got on Valencia @ 21/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

RasTa wrote: »
    Headshot wrote: »

Earlier in the half Forlan had a couple of very good chances. I do not get how this game is 0-0 :confused:

Aguero banned for the first game against Liverpool for not leaving the pitch quickly enough when substituted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

the semis should be very interesting, both of them !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Hamburg might be the worst team for fulham imo, as they will have two reasons to be 100% up for it.

They failed in the Semis last year to Bremen and want to erase that memory, but more importantly they are looking to set up the perfect final on their home turf, as the final will be in their own stadium.

For most team that would be the ultimate motivation to give the extra 10%, and I don't think Hamburg will be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Damn Valenica were very unlucky!! That giant tosser will prbably be bought by Mick McCarthy hahaha

Lovely goal, 2 great strikes in the last 2 nights. Robben and Petric.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like a Hamburg/Liverpool final to me.

• Advertisement

I'd take Liverpool over Atletico in the final. Don't think it will happen though.

Hamburg v Atletico for me.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'd take Liverpool over Atletico in the final. Don't think it will happen though.

Hamburg v Atletico for me.

fulham v liverpool it is so:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Atleti deserved to get through on last night's performance, they were the better side and had much better chances.

I still can't believe how Forlan wasted his chance and Villa struck the bar from inside the box. It seems odd that two of the world's best finishers could miss relatively easy chances in the same game.

Also, I think the ref was a bit **** in that game. He made a few odd decisions and there should have been a pen for Zigic towards the end.

Atleti will be tough for Liverpool. They don't have a great squad, take out Forlan, Kun, Simao, Reyes, Ujfa and De Gea and they're very average. However, they can be very tough to break down sometimes and they can attack when they want.

AFAIK, they've only won one game in the knockout rounds, away to Galatasaray. They've drawn the other five. Actually, just had a look there: they've only won three games in Europe all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

They don't have a great squad, take out Forlan, Kun, Simao, Reyes, Ujfa and De Gea and they're very average.

sorry I don't want to stir and I have no agenda just find that statement bit strange. How many Liverpool players would you have to discard before they are beginning to look 'very average'?Two? Three?

Also Assuncao, Lopez, Jurado and Garcia are far from average. Just because the non-flair players (with the exception of Jurado of course) from Spain don't get the same media coverage and notability as similar players from the Premiership doesn't make them any less good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

CSF wrote: »
    Also Assuncao, Lopez, Jurado and Garcia are far from average. Just because the non-flair players (with the exception of Jurado of course) from Spain don't get the same media coverage and notability as similar players from the Premiership doesn't make them any less good.
    I've never been overly impressed with Jurado in any one game. He does some things right but then he goes missing. Garcia is average. I fall asleep watching him. Lopez is solid but not outstanding. Assuncao is very hit and miss.
    Boskowski wrote:
    sorry I don't want to stir and I have no agenda just find that statement bit strange. How many Liverpool players would you have to discard before they are beginning to look 'very average'?Two? Three?
    You're right. What I should have said was their star players aside, the Atleti squad is a lot weaker than Liverpool's without their stars.

• Advertisement

Can't agree with you on any of that. Think the players you mentioned are much better than you've given them credit for. I think its evenly matched at present, and only because Aguero is suspended for the first leg. If both sides were full-strength I'd have to fancy Atletico.

Advertisement