Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATi BFBC2 fixes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Just a quick update....this hotfix for the 10.3 drivers is a little gem. No more niggly probs with BFBC2 anymore. Load times have improved somewhat but TBH if you playing in DX9 you dont have the load times anyway as its DX10/11 shaders that have the extra time added on.

Got drivers none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I am running ATI 4850 on Windows 7 64-bit. How do you tell which DirectX is running during the game?

Running the game on 20" Dell monitor with 1680 x 1050 resolution on a medium setting. It's not so bad but loading is like a minute or so.

Might give this beta driver a try.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wonda boy--Is it worth the change to these drivers rather than forcing dx9??I mean are the load times still worse than dx9 in these??

When I force dx9 my frame rates drop dramatically,if I use dx10/11 theyre nearly doubled.

Id prefer faster loading times but not at the expense of crappy frame rates.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Wonda boy--Is it worth the change to these drivers rather than forcing dx9??I mean are the load times still worse than dx9 in these??

When I force dx9 my frame rates drop dramatically,if I use dx10/11 theyre nearly doubled.

Id prefer faster loading times but not at the expense of crappy frame rates.

Well I would FORCE The DX version that suits my GPU TBH. I mean if you have not got a DX10/11 card why leave it on auto.

You have to go into the games .ini file to select of view the games DX version. I dont know you specs mate but run the game without all the bells and whistles as it only hampers you in game. I mean bloom and all that is a nightmate when in the tanks and ****....looks great but you cannot see the enemy.

I had the game maxed out for about a week and then tweaked it to suit ONLINE PLAY.

I dont understand how if you select DX9 instead of a higher DX you are getting less FPS?

These are the best drivers since the 9.12 drivers TBH....but I am talking from a 5970 viewpoint.

Sorry, to get the games .ini files go to my computer and default C: drive. Click on users....select (ur username) then documents... and you will see BFBC2 folder then click settings....and change the values. Remember to select save when finished. This is where you change the FOV aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i think the 4850 is a dx10 card,
    im running the 4890 and its a dx10 card.
    and yeah your much better off with dx10 or auto,
    the game acted very strange when i forced dx9, textures would flash, or only half show, but the load times went from about 30-40 seconds to about 3-5.

hopefully this fix will sort that out.
    ive only once been the first to get a chopper at the start :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well I would FORCE The DX version that suits my GPU TBH. I mean if you have not got a DX10/11 card why leave it on auto.

You have to go into the games .ini file to select of view the games DX version. I dont know you specs mate but run the game without all the bells and whistles as it only hampers you in game. I mean bloom and all that is a nightmate when in the tanks and ****....looks great but you cannot see the enemy.

I had the game maxed out for about a week and then tweaked it to suit ONLINE PLAY.

I dont understand how if you select DX9 instead of a higher DX you are getting less FPS?

These are the best drivers since the 9.12 drivers TBH....but I am talking from a 5970 viewpoint.

Card is a 4870 on Vista.Tested with fraps and definately about 50 % lower on dx9 over dx10.

With the exact same settings? That is strange. I would set it to DX10 then and tweak the settigs till you get it right. But I would deffo install the new drivers.

With the exact same settings? That is strange. I would set it to DX10 then and tweak the settigs till you get it right. But I would deffo install the new drivers.

Will give them a shot later on.

Make sure you have the settings in game consistant with the CCC, dont have the game set to 8AA and CCC set to 4AA etc. I have the settings set in CCC (16AA and 8AA) and the max in game but TBH there is no way in hell this game incorporates 8AA even when forced (dam consoles!!!!)

Let me know how you get on....Funny thing is the load times are varying now, I swear I started a round last night and the 1st flag was already fookin taken....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

You do realise that those drivers you linked to are preview drivers, and the full 10.3 were released a couple of weeks ago....

ANyway:

10.4b have been leaked

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=319297

Or indeed, Cat 10.5B
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=319008

ER..YEAH....Dubs look at the date on the post. They were just hitting the net when I seen them, they are not 10.3 they are 10.3b. Anyway I wont be changing them they work so well, and not just with BFBC2...Assassins Creed 2 and DIRT2 are all perfect aswell.

Will have a gander at the others now.

ER..YEAH....Dubs look at the date on the post. They were just hitting the net when I seen them, they are not 10.3 they are 10.3b. Anyway I wont be changing them they work so well, and not just with BFBC2...Assassins Creed 2 and DIRT2 are all perfect aswell.

Will have a gander at the others now.

The full 10.3 were posted on the 24th March dude... You're late to the party lol

Appears the 10.5 fix some BC2 issues - the lines and weapon flicker

The full 10.3 were posted on the 24th March dude... You're late to the party lol

Are you on drugs mate....the link is for the 10.3b drivers NOT 10.3.....if you scroll down a tad the link is for the hotfix. What is the name of the thread.....HOTFIX!!!!

I know when the latest drivers come out.......:rolleyes:

Are you on drugs mate....the link is for the 10.3b drivers NOT 10.3.....if you scroll down a tad the link is for the hotfix. What is the name of the thread.....HOTFIX!!!!

I know when the latest drivers come out.......:rolleyes:

I know what you linked to lol but the 10.3b appear to cause more issues in BF BC2 for more people. Some find them great, but most get BSOD's and poor performance.

Even try these:
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalyst-OpenGL-preview-driver.aspx

CCC & Driver newer than 10.3b (driver on WHQL are older than 10.3b - but has been updated with new app profiles).

Try the 10.5 beta's though, they are getting some good reviews from users...

Gonna try the 10.5 beta's later myself for the craic... (though I've 0 issue with 10.3 WHQL + app profiles. Apart from the damn screen flickering, but its not too bad...)

Another new driver:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=319691

from some users:
    BC2 runs really good with these, seems map loading is really quick now also.
    BFBC2 loading times are FIXED with these.
    OpenGL 4.0/3.3 in these, OpenCL works aswell(unlike 8.73).

Bad Company 2 load times alot faster here. Nice drivers.

Promising...

**edit

Actually, these look like cracking drivers, in need of their own thread.

I will wait till the weekend to try new drivers....the ones I have are very good....at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

gonna try these out, normally hate the oul driver updates with ATI but i always do em anyway:) plus if it improves BC 2 in anyway thats good.

TBH it will depend on the individual computers people have. Some drivers suit some peeps others hate them. These are good I find, so gonna stick with them.

As I said I have no performance issues, its was little niggles that were annoying.

Advertisement