Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my card fried?

Options
  • 08-04-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

I have a 9800 GX2 and it has started acting crazy since yesterday. When I turned the pc on everything was completely distorted on screen with weird icons flashing (sorry it's a bit hard to explain). Took me many attempts to boot into windows 7 but got there in the end. The resolution was huge on screen and couldn't change it as there was no card detected. So in device manager the card is shown but with the following error "windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems code 43". I tried to update the drivers but it kept coming back with errors of being unable to install. SO just wondering has my card died. Its definitely the card as I had to go back to my old 7800 gtx and that works out fine, so the PCI slot on the motherboard is ok too. So has anyone got any ideas as to what is causing this problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And they call me names for hating Nvidia.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055878560

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Thats exactly the same problem I have that Garathon is having in his post. So I guess I'm having roast chicken for dinner on Sunday followed by a baked 9800GX2. Can anyone confirm that this method works.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

See my post in the other thread:)

Advertisement