Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Rugby supporters club membership..

• 08-04-2010 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭

I know this is a "rugby forum" post, but for many who wouldnt venture over there, a city announcement might be of help, Munster rugby supporters club have just opened their associate memberships for next year. Its happening much earlier than in previous years to allow for time for membership packs to be put together. I joined last year, and got a season ticket for the magners league in thomond park. also, thanks to members lotteries, I got a ticket for 3 of the 4 group games in the heineken cup. membership also entitles you to a huge range of discounts around the province in restaurants, shops, hotels etc.
    you can sign up now at mrsc.ie and this year you can choose your exact seat when purchasing a season magners ticket. Also, you can pay it off over 3 months.

If you are joining up, please stick me in as a referral "16344". Hope this helps some of you out, Its my birthday present for someone sorted for this year anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I renewed my membership today but due to hard times I could not buy my Magners ticket again so only took the membership because next year I will be able to afford the ticket and wont have to get a new number again and lose my number in the queue for full membership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Depuy lady

hey

i want to buy this for my bf. can i buy the ticket for magners league now as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

for next seasons - yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

zuroph wrote: »
    If you are joining up, please stick me in as a referral "16344".

You've declined to say why?

- Do we get something extra if we do this?

Cool I wonder what it is!!! - Am all nervous anticipation now :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

€10 for each referral.

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    €10 for each referral.

Oh - I thought Tony McGahan was going to post me a cute little Puppy if I quoted Zuroph's ID # when joining.......!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was going to post my number, but then I thought that people mightn't like seeing the fact that I'm a full member........

Here's the page detail, looks like if you a new member you get into a draw for a free membership as well, that's good

http://www.mrsc.ie/News_Detail.aspx?rowid=44331

Ahem, my number is 1508 in case anyone wants to put me down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Here's the page detail, looks like if you a new member you get into a draw for a free membership as well, that's good

http://www.mrsc.ie/News_Detail.aspx?rowid=44331

Ahem, my number is 1508 in case anyone wants to put me down :D

FULL MEMBER?!?! drop out would ya, give some of us a chance to move up the ladder!

Its a discount for next years membership(2011-2012) i get if I refer someone, i think i need to get over 5 for it to count though.

Depuy lady wrote: »
    hey

i want to buy this for my bf. can i buy the ticket for magners league now as well?
    yip, thats why its good to buy now! the sooner you buy the better seats you can get! 16344 ;)

• Advertisement

FULL MEMBER?!?! drop out would ya, give some of us a chance to move up the ladder!

Its a discount for next years membership(2011-2012) i get if I refer someone, i think i need to get over 5 for it to count though.

Nah, I think I'll hold onto it for another year, just after paying €425 for next years membership.

I think it's €10 for 1, €20 for 3 and €30 for 5 people registered, it comes into effect next season, don't worry, they'll be getting every penny out of us that they can, I remember the good old days where we were guaranteed 2 tickets for every game, couldn't give them away some times

i know, its a haggle to get heineken cup tickets, and i'm sitting out there in half empty stands for the quieter magner league games, its very very frustrating.

For the Glasgow game there was 4 people in my row, I had a spare ticket, rang about 20 people asking them if they wanted it, no one was interested, I've had countless calls looking for tickets for tomorrow, not to mention last weeks game

same, for the glasgow game we could have wandered anywhere, had our choice of seats. mates have got tickets for next season roughly near us, know it will be fine and we'll all get to sit together at most games because some seats will be empty.

A mate and I have our seats next to each other so that if 1 of us can't go at least we'll can bring someone else we know, usually works out well, but it's turning out to be an expensive passtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Been trying to figure out the renewal system. I have a stand ticket for magners league games, would like a terrace ticket for next year - is it possible to change?

And same here with the spare ticket. Had a spare ticket to Glasgow game and asked my cousin did he want it and the reply was it's only magners league. He was first on the phone looking for a ticket for last week then. But he has a ticket for tomorrow and I don't :(

they can't seem to get it right :(
    I wanted to do similar - but there is no way to "unreserve" the stand ticket. It seems what you needed to do last week was unselect it all and then you could choose what you wanted.
    Am also more than a little annoyed - but in the end at least I have my tickets.

Hoping tomorrow we can pull it off...

RikD, Ring Shirley in MRSC in Cork.

was considering it - But to be honest... I just can't be arsed.
    Wanted to switch the stand ticket for Heineken games to terrace, but decided to keep it in the end.

shirley wont be much help, its pretty much automated and they have no input. still should be plenty of terrace left on the 12th when the reservation lapses (fingers crossed for ya)
    They told me i couldnt get an extra seat next to the two i had last year, but i managed to get one just 2 seats down, and two mates got the two seats right behind us too, so have a nice little gang for next year!

• Advertisement

cAr0l wrote: »
    Been trying to figure out the renewal system. I have a stand ticket for magners league games, would like a terrace ticket for next year - is it possible to change?

And same here with the spare ticket. Had a spare ticket to Glasgow game and asked my cousin did he want it and the reply was it's only magners league. He was first on the phone looking for a ticket for last week then. But he has a ticket for tomorrow and I don't :(
    If you didnt reserve your seat, yes, it'll ask you to select your seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

If you didnt reserve your seat, yes, it'll ask you to select your seats.

I reserved. I think that's where I went wrong. I shouldn't have and then I would be able to pick new ones now. Oh well will just go with what I have.

Just a gentle reminder that this is open up again, just think the next time you're looking for tickets you could have this :)

https://www.mrsc.ie/Renewals/Renew_Membership.aspx?sessid=0b11f734-f137-4032-990a-a1747e929640

oh yeah, 1508 as the referral :D but you should use the thread starter first :D

Just a gentle reminder that this is open up again, just think the next time you're looking for tickets you could have this :)

https://www.mrsc.ie/Renewals/Renew_Membership.aspx?sessid=0b11f734-f137-4032-990a-a1747e929640

oh yeah, 1508 as the referral :D

Boo!

- At least Zuroph made a big song and dance of sincerely agonising over our welfare and persuading us that his Humanitarian Essay original post was all for the good of his fellow Man!!!!

Good point Raiser, but Zuroph is such a great magician he should be able to conjure up a few takers :D

At least he could make my poker chips disappear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Does anyone know what numbers the full membership is up to now? Who is a full member and has a fairly high number? Im fairly sure its gone over member number 6000 or so. Is there anyone higher than this? I just want to know how far off I am from full membership.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Lurching wrote: »
    Does anyone know what numbers the full membership is up to now? Who is a full member and has a fairly high number? Im fairly sure its gone over member number 6000 or so. Is there anyone higher than this? I just want to know how far off I am from full membership.

That info is on their website. www.mrsc.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

That info is on their website. www.mrsc.ie

Found it, cheers, I think its about 2 years out of date, but it says full members go up to 3200.

I wish the MRSC would stop hounding me with e-mails. Jeez, I know they are desperate for money but 6 days a week is a bit much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Berty wrote: »
    I wish the MRSC would stop hounding me with e-mails. Jeez, I know they are desperate for money but 6 days a week is a bit much.

When you complained to Jennifer what did she say? Complaining here isn't going to make it stop. You could always delete your email address from your account.

phog wrote: »
    When you complained to Jennifer what did she say? Complaining here isn't going to make it stop. You could always delete your email address from your account.

Read the second part of my post. I said I understand it is because they are low on funds so I can appreciate why they are sending those e-mails. I just think its excessive.

Jennifer is rude anyway so I have no interest in e-mailing her.

Bring back Maria Alward :)

I never understand the complaints about too many emails, I just ignore them, but I guess each to their own, I can't stand unwanted text messages.

I think they're screwed if they do and screwed if they don't in regards to sending out communications, send too few and people will complain they didn't know about it, send too many and people complain about spam. The other thing to remember is they are just sending the reminders to people whom are already members, it's not as if I'm going to go out and get 10 mates to sign up just cause they sent out Des http://www.mrsc.ie/do_not_forget.aspx

It was the Des one yesterday that annoyed me. I have paid, stop annoying me.

If I request them to stop sending me e-mails then I will not receive important e-mails or the Red Letter although every issue seems to have one running theme - PAY UP!

Read the second part of my post. I said I understand it is because they are low on funds so I can appreciate why they are sending those e-mails. I just think its excessive.

Jennifer is rude anyway so I have no interest in e-mailing her.

I've never (touch wood maybe) had an issue with Jennifer, I've found her to be helpful whenever I've had to cocntact her about tickets or membership.

The extra mails may be around the fact that the membership renewal dates have changed and poeple will complain as they have previously done so if they miss out on renewing.

Far prefer to get too many than too few.

PLus there was the lower than (they) expected take up on Biarritz tickets, so the lottery was changed to an open sale, that accounted for a few emails.

• Advertisement

Yeah, all members (full and associate) are able to buy 2 tickets. I don't think there'll be many supporters at the semi

ryanair have put on a day return flight from shannon for €300.

My folks are going, they'll be over in France anyway, I'd be tempted if I hadnt forked out for so much rugby in the last 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

I know this is a "rugby forum" post, but for many who wouldnt venture over there, a city announcement might be of help, Munster rugby supporters club have just opened their associate memberships for next year. Its happening much earlier than in previous years to allow for time for membership packs to be put together. I joined last year, and got a season ticket for the magners league in thomond park. also, thanks to members lotteries, I got a ticket for 3 of the 4 group games in the heineken cup. membership also entitles you to a huge range of discounts around the province in restaurants, shops, hotels etc.
    you can sign up now at mrsc.ie and this year you can choose your exact seat when purchasing a season magners ticket. Also, you can pay it off over 3 months.

If you are joining up, please stick me in as a referral "16344". Hope this helps some of you out, Its my birthday present for someone sorted for this year anyway!

Hey man, looking for some advice for season tickets.

Thinking about signing up for 2 tickets. I heard if you get these using separate Membership accounts then you will be entered twice into the draw for the Heineken cup tickets.

But if you get selected from the draw on Heineken how does it work, do you have the option to buy 2 tickets? Or could 1 person get a ticket out of the draw and not the other person?

If anybody else could let me know how this works I'd greatly appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ed7890 wrote: »
    But if you get selected from the draw on Heineken how does it work, do you have the option to buy 2 tickets? Or could 1 person get a ticket out of the draw and not the other person?

myself and the missus are both signed up therefore there are two accounts

yes if it comes to a ballot it is quite possible that only 1 of you get a ticket(this happened to us last year for HC QF)

The QF was again aproblem this year but its down to the allocations, we were able to get tickets to all 3 home pool games this year without any problem (apart from the fact that in one game 1 got north terrace and other got south - however we were able to swap with othe rpeopl in same boat)

we have also gotten tickets to away magners games, the All blacks game etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭ed7890

Riskymove wrote: »
    myself and the missus are both signed up therefore there are two accounts

yes if it comes to a ballot it is quite possible that only 1 of you get a ticket(this happened to us last year for HC QF)

The QF was again aproblem this year but its down to the allocations, we were able to get tickets to all 3 home pool games this year without any problem (apart from the fact that in one game 1 got north terrace and other got south - however we were able to swap with othe rpeopl in same boat)

we have also gotten tickets to away magners games, the All blacks game etc

Ah right, sound man, so you'd really want to sign up with 2 accounts.

So when you have a season tickets you're usually pretty sorted for the pool game tickets? But you got just the 1 ticket out of the 2 for the QF this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ed7890 wrote: »
    Ah right, sound man, so you'd really want to sign up with 2 accounts.

well, obviously the more accounts you have the better your chances in a ballot

if you really want two tickets to a match then you will need two accounts usually, you rarely get to buy 2 tickets per account in high demand games
    So when you have a season tickets you're usually pretty sorted for the pool game tickets?

usually yes
    But you got just the 1 ticket out of the 2 for the QF this year

last year

this year there was no ballot for us as there were even less tickets available, got tickets in the end from a club

many people though joined Northampton Supporters club!!

BUMP!

this years open for new members begins next week

Thursday 7th April at 4pm to 12 noon on Tuesday 3rd May - New Members can join and select tickets as they are available

Now I know there is no hassle getting Magners tickets, but the added bonus is a decent 20% on the price if you buy in advance. Plus the usual benefits of being a member from last years post

remember, 16344 as your referral if ya do decide to join ;)

They have decided to make this years renewal even more confusing that ever. Too many e-mails talking about different joining/renewal dates for too many different types of full/associate and potential members.

I might not be able to afford a Magners League ticket when they come out next week so might just renew my membership. May even buy the fleece as well and buy tickets as I see fit for certain matches.

Spoke to Jennifer two weeks ago actually whom said it would be "a number of years" before I would even get near FULL membership. She wouldn't really say how many years but said it looks possible to be something like 4-5 years. I'm member 20514 FFS. :mad:

They have decided to make this years renewal even more confusing that ever. Too many e-mails talking about different joining/renewal dates for too many different types of full/associate and potential members.

I might not be able to afford a Magners League ticket when they come out next week so might just renew my membership. May even buy the fleece as well and buy tickets as I see fit for certain matches.

Spoke to Jennifer two weeks ago actually whom said it would be "a number of years" before I would even get near FULL membership. She wouldn't really say how many years but said it looks possible to be something like 4-5 years. I'm member 20514 FFS. :mad:

yeah, you're a few years off. I believe they'll hit around 12000 or so this year, the extra 1000 seats is a big help to get it motoring, that combined with recession, and and a poor season for the bandwagoners will see a lot of non renewals and speed it up a bit for you.

The mails were terribly confusing, but now its started it seems same as last year. and the seat map is ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

I think your turn may come sooner than that, in Limerick some clubs have been selling off Magner's league tickets for half price for the last few games. They are doing this because they were compelled to buy Magner's tickets in order to get Heineken cup tickets.
    With the corporate downturn this means that the clubs are unlikely to be taking up as many of the season ticket packages that were originally designed to go to MRSC members.

Couple this with full members relinquishing status because of more availability and other associate members not taking up full membership and your number is likely to come up much sooner than 4/5 years.
    Whether you or others will still be interested in spending €300 or more a year by then is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Didnt even know I was a member - they sent me email with member number and would I like to renew. Bought season ML package for this season last year off Munster Rugby

I renewed my daughters associate membership yesterday, total was supposed to be €250 but with reduction it came to €199.5, that's a decent reduction and a full years rugby paid for. No H/Cup tickets included yet but hopeful that full membership will become available this year or next.

I'm in the 1500s for my membership, full member has benefits I have to say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭BobMc

I'm in the 1500s for my membership, full member has benefits I have to say :)
    Ditto here in 4'ks, wife getting upgraded this year shes in the 7'ks, so nice to be able to get a full package for both comps, its going to be a tough few years with a hard recession but personally i think its ok priced, + with the payment plan with payments in April, July, Sept it helps with spreading the costs - and I hate to call em bandwagoners but support will fall which is sad in my opinion you pick your team to support and you follow em thru good and bad, since the new thomond opened I've not missed one Munster match and long may it continue, I'll be still there to support win, lose or draw as long as I can afford it

It's a good deal though and it really makes you make yourself go to games, there were a few games that I wouldn't have been bothered going to if it wasn't for the fact that I have paid for it already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement