Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Rugby supporters club membership..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

Clareman wrote: »
    I'm in the 1500s for my membership, full member has benefits I have to say :)

Really? I see little point in being a member. Fair enough, you get tickets for Magners League games and Heineken Cup group games but the fact is that tickets were always available for these games. If you really wanted one you'd get it (or at least that's my experience). I've read that they are now giving a 20% discount but this still wouldn't compel me to buy one.

I actually gave up my season ticket last year. I just didn't see the point in having it. And before anyone comments about sunshine support, this is certainly not the case. I've been going to club games in Limerick for the last 20 years (since I was 8) and can remember many Munster games in Thomond Park where I could have put a deck chair on the terrace!

To prove my point about ticket availability for big games just look at the Leinster game this weekend. I think I've been offered 8 different tickets at this stage!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Zamp wrote: »
    Really? I see little point in being a member. Fair enough, you get tickets for Magners League games and Heineken Cup group games but the fact is that tickets were always available for these games. If you really wanted one you'd get it (or at least that's my experience). I've read that they are now giving a 20% discount but this still wouldn't compel me to buy one.

I actually gave up my season ticket last year. I just didn't see the point in having it. And before anyone comments about sunshine support, this is certainly not the case. I've been going to club games in Limerick for the last 20 years (since I was 8) and can remember many Munster games in Thomond Park where I could have put a deck chair on the terrace!

To prove my point about ticket availability for big games just look at the Leinster game this weekend. I think I've been offered 8 different tickets at this stage!!

I suppose it depends on who you know and what clubs you or they are involved with. I remember a time when queues formed outside Thomond Park for H/C tickets at least 24 hours before they would be going on sale.

I generally go to all the M/L and H/C matches in Cork and Limerick so becoming a member is a huge saving for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Zamp

phog wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on who you know and what clubs you or they are involved with. I remember a time when queues formed outside Thomond Park for H/C tickets at least 24 hours before they would be going on sale.

I generally go to all the M/L and H/C matches in Cork and Limerick so becoming a member is a huge saving for me.

I remember those days too. I was in a few of those queues but too far back. I still got tickets though either by hanging around outside the ground on match day or by finding them in other ways.

Sounds like the season ticket makes sense for you but I would say you're in the minority.

Here's hoping we win tomorrow night!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Good way of forcing yourself to get off your arse and go to the games imo, gonna be signing up this year for the first time I'd say.

Last nights game was nearly worth the season's payment :D Not a great game of rugby in a pure sense but it had everything including the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Bump. I know this is a very old thread but im thinking of getting a season ticket and membership for the first time. I thought there would be a waiting list to join etc but seems to be available to purchase straight away. Prob go with the 8 game TP package and full membership first.

Any tips on the best seats or Sections to avoid. If i purchjase 1 season ticket and then my son wants to come to a game can i swap my seat for a seat beside a purcahsed ticket for him?

Cheers in Advance

I'd avoid Stand tickets, much prefer terrace tickets as you can move around and join other supporters that you might know. Easier too when you want to bring a child, family member or friend with you as you know they will be beside you.

I've never done a swap like you ask about but I think there is an option for junior tickets so that might be worth exploring if you want to go the Stand Ticket option.

Advertisement