Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drain Fly Problem

• 08-04-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

not sure if this is in the right section or not but, I'm living in a rented house and ive got a drain fly infestation! Recently the toilet became blocked and my landladys brother :rolleyes: came up to 'fix' it after only 4 days!!

So, Shortly after the toilet and drains became blocked i started noticing horrid black flies in the bathroom! after a bit of googleing these seem to be Drain Flies, who live off the scum and filth of the drains. the toilet has been unblocked, but the flies are still there. The landladys brother said that it would just go away now that the blockage has gone. But it hasnt. i know hes one for leaving things on the long finger, so i was wondering if there was any product i could use to get rid of them myself? I hear bleach and drain unblockers wont work on them.

Any advice?

Cheers All

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Flies lay eggs in stagnant water. If there drains are running free now they should disappear. Any of the supermarkets sell drain unblockers if you want to make sure there isn't any further blockages.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

the drains are defiantly clear now. But im still having the same problems. just this morning there were 5 new ones! Luckily they cant really fly all that well, which make it easier for me to squish them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i would imgaine some fly paper will do the trick until the last die out

Advertisement